• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, September 30, 2021

    My phone's battery drains 40% in 7hrs on idle , Someone Please Help me solve this ! Android Help

    My phone's battery drains 40% in 7hrs on idle , Someone Please Help me solve this ! Android Help


    My phone's battery drains 40% in 7hrs on idle , Someone Please Help me solve this !

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    Device : POCO F1 ROM : Pixel Experience Plus (Android 11) Root Status : Rooted

    Few days back I started facing this issue , 4-5 days ago in night my phone's battery was at 20% and in the morning my phone's battery was 0% without even using it , then I thought this might be because of background back-ups and all , then on next day after that I kept my phone's charging on 40% but exactly same thing happened that on night and in morning it was 0% , then I started reading articles on Google , why this happens , this issue is called idle battery drain where you drastically loose phone's battery on idle condition , my phone (POCO F1) was rooted and I was using pixel experience ROM since I Rooted (1 year ago) , and I have knowledge about rooting and stuff ,

    so I tried every single settings possible , disabling every single options on my phone like wifi- blutooth scanning , background back-ups , I uninstalled every single app except pre-installed apps . Then i tried some root apps like greenify , naptime , servicely , then I underclocked my kernel using kernel managers but that problem never got solved , I watched almost 20-30 videos & 15+ articles about this issue to fix it and applied everything but none of them solved this issue , then I did factory reset , but same issue again , then I flashed a entire new ROM but same problem , and it drained 40% in last 7 hrs on idle condition , I wanted to know your opinion on this , what might be possible issue or what should I try to solve this , what you think ?

    submitted by /u/rahuldangeofficial
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new S20 FE - UI lag and frequent apps issues (freezing, crashing)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    https://ibb.co/dM8W0wx

    SM-G780G (4G variant of S20 FE with Snapdragon 865). Hardware-wise, it's an awesome phone, but unstable OS is keeping me unsatisfied.

    Is any of you experiencing the same issues? Any possible fix? Should I claim the goods? Already tried to do a factory reset, however, that doesn't seem to help. Phone is about a month old, running Android 11, OneUI 3.1 with September 2021 security patch. Patiently waiting for October one hoping it will fix the things.

    submitted by /u/wheresmyfrisbee
    [link] [comments]

    "Media Storage" app can't be Clear Data, Clear Cache, nor Force Stop

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 04:03 PM PDT

    Hello can someone help me to clear data/reset my Media Storage (Android Media Database) since the Clear Data and Clear Cache are both greyed out and Force Stop is missing. Im using Samsung A50s on Android 11

    submitted by /u/AnoriAutumn
    [link] [comments]

    Uninstalling question

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    After uninstalling the app, can they access any new information entered on the phone?? My kid installed LED keyboard by Zayzik on my workphone and I had no idea. Once I found out about it, I deleted it. So the question is that.. any new information typed now, can they still collect it?

    submitted by /u/learningstocksplz
    [link] [comments]

    Android chat not working on some wifi

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    My wife doesn't receive some of my message I send her. At home, it works fine but if she is at work, she doesn't receive anything, until she gets in her car and off the wifi. It was the same issue at another place she temporarily worked.

    She says it doesn't happen with anyone else of her friend she chat with. But i am pretty sure they use sms and not chat feature. Either older android or on iPhone. So it must be something on my side. I believe it's her work wifi that block it. But she work in an hospital and there is wifi public for all employees and patient.

    I have a OnePlus 9 and she have a Samsung S20 fe.

    I can disable my chat options and only use sms. But it's a good option, knowing it was read or it's writting something.

    So is there any other options? Either side ?

    submitted by /u/Watever444
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an App Store On My Nook

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    I've got a Barnes & Noble Nook with CyanogenMod 10.1.3 based on Android 4.2.2 and I haven't touched it in a couple years (I think I first installed CM back in 2016). I'm just curious if I can get a functioning app store back on it, although the Android version may no longer be supported(?). It has the Play Store but when I try to update Play Services, it says I have insufficient storage even though I have like 10GB free. I tried installing F-Droid but trying to download the APK from the built-in browser results in a message saying I need an SD card to download it (even though I have almost all my storage free?) and when I put it onto the Nook manually from my PC and tried to install it, it simply said "There was a problem parsing the package." Not sure if this is salvageable but figured I'd take a shot in the dark and see if I can get something on this otherwise functional (if well aged) e-reader-turned-Android-tablet.

    submitted by /u/CakeIzGood
    [link] [comments]

    What's the oldest handset kept functional today via custom rom?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    Obviously "functional" is a pretty vague term, depends what you use your device for. But for messaging like WhatsApp or Signal you need an android OS of at least 4.0.3 or 4.4 respectively.

    That means phones from about 2010 onwards would have gotten upgraded to the necessary minimum. But does anyone know of a handset from even earlier that got supported to Android 4/5 via custom roms?

    This is mostly just curiosity, but inspired by a conversation I was having with an anti-waste friend who was frustrated that if he buys an older second hand handset it will probably sop being functional in a few years due to the march of upgrades. I understand why (security upgrades, cost of backwards compatibility, etc) but was curious about the longest lasting android devices.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bastienleblack
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy Note20 Ultra alarms randomly don't go off

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Sometimes on my Note20 Ultra my alarms refuse to go off in the morning. It's random, and has no consistency. I googled it and this appears to be a common issue. I tried clearing my clock cache, and it did nothing because I woke up half an hour late to school. Is this common? Is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/nitrion
    [link] [comments]

    Whatsapp Access To Media - Not Downloading

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    I upgraded to Android 11 on my Oppo

    Now, whatsapp permissions says only access to Media.

    On my Samsung its access to photos, media and storage.

    I believe this is why i cant download anything from whatsapp on my Oppo

    How do i give whatsapp the permissions it needs to then enable me to download?

    Everything works except downloads from whatsapp.

    It needs access to photos media and files.

    But the setting changed to "media only" and theres no other setting!

    submitted by /u/shugerdaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Google Discover - back to the top without scrolling

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to get to the top of Discover without having to scroll all the way back to the top? Sometimes I want to refresh, or get to my assistant, but really hate swiping 10 times to get back to the top.

    submitted by /u/Burn-Baby-Burn
    [link] [comments]

    How to recover photos from a note 5 stuck in bootloop but download mode available.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a note 5 that's stuck in a logo loop, the only thing I can get access to is Download mode. When I tried off-the-shelf recovery software like FonePaw, the download mode gives me an error: Custom Binary(CACHE) Blocked By FRP Lock

    My only goal is to get the photos off the phone, I'm comfortable doing multi-step trouble shooting and destructive disassembly.

    submitted by /u/_QUAKE_
    [link] [comments]

    Swap memory via Terminal/windows cmd

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    i have a rooted phone How can i create swap memory through plug n play windows CMD/terminal I have no idea about the commands that should be used. Is swap memory without SD card possible?

    Any1 who helps me i will become gay for them ngl

    submitted by /u/marcelein
    [link] [comments]

    Blank pictures popping up in a new folder on Google Photos called Documents

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Hope someone can help me figure this out. No idea what's going on. Past two days, I'll check photos and there will be a new folder called Documents with one blank photo in it. I delete it, which also deletes the folder, then hours later it returns with the same blank photo.

    About the photo, the thumbnail appears blank. I click it and it's just black with a spinning loading wheel forever. Size is only 32 B. Details read /storage/emulated/0/documents/fb.bin.pbg

    I understand this is very specific so I am not sure I'll get any help or similar experience. But I hope to find out what the hell this is and how to make it stop happening.

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/Wunnitdollabill
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless debugging

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    I am using Shizuku, is it safe to leave Wireless Debugging always on and connected to Shizuku?

    submitted by /u/philipin4k
    [link] [comments]

    "Do no disturb" ALWAYS TURNS ON when moving gps despite disabling the app in 11... how can I shut this thing up

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    Galaxy s10e android 11

    submitted by /u/Ironchar
    [link] [comments]

    I got a new phone, can I move my sim card to the new phone?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I just got a new phone. My previous phone was a z982 blade. My new phone is a Galaxy A51U. I put in my sim card, but It's not connecting to the mobile data at all. The sim card works, but I need the mobile data to register it with T-Mobile.

    Is there any way I can get mobile data to work?

    submitted by /u/silverhawk2010
    [link] [comments]

    7 year old android, can I still use it?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    I need a replacement phone for about 2-3 weeks. I still own a Z5 that turns on and seems to work fine. I'm worried though, can regular apps be used? Is the android not too old?

    Besides the shitty battery (which is only logical) will it be sufficient for a few weeks?

    submitted by /u/DyRight
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop Bluetooth LE permanently on Android?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Hi guys,
    I am currently getting trouble with Bluetooth Low Energy due to the tracking of an unremovable app. As you know that BLE can be activated without user consent or permission, how can I stop itself or at least the scanning function in an Android phone?

    I am using Samsung S7 (Android 8).
    If you can show a general way for any phone. I would appreciate it.

    Best Regards.

    submitted by /u/Reasonable_Boss2750
    [link] [comments]

    Moving files from a Huawei phone with an unusable screen

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently broke the screen of my phone (Huawei Nova 3 if it matters) and am trying to save my files via USB, but when I plug the phone in, I cant browse any files and the phone shows up as HiSuite (CD-Drive) on my computer. When I open HiSuite (my phone) on my computer, it asks me to install the HiSuite application which works well, but it also wants me to accept file transfering on my phone, which I can't do because the screen is 100% fucked.

    As I said, there is no way for me to install or accept anything on the phone. Moving the files to cloud or doing anything else with the phone is pretty much impossible because the screen is automatically clicking all over the place.

    tl;dr I need to access my phones files on my PC while being unable to do anything on the phone itself.

    submitted by /u/arbs_6
    [link] [comments]

    Allow phone calls but mute notifications? I'm on a pixel 3

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    So here is the issue I'm having, I get a million notifications all day long that I would like to keep receiving, I also get a lot of spam calls, however, I KEEP MISSING IMPORTANT PHONE CALLS because the only way to keep my phone quiet is to put it on "do not disturb" or to mute "Ringtone and notifications"

    Is there anyway to mute just the notifications but still have the phone ring?

    Thanks for any heads up

    EDIT: SOLVED !

    You can long press on a notification, and choose that notification type to be silent from then on.

    submitted by /u/geocitiesuser
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Change Sharing Options when I Share Something From An App?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    So i accidentally hit "always" when sharing something from autotrader to whatsapp, now autotrader goes directly to whatsapp instead of bringing up that menu that shows sharing options. How can i reset it? I already tried clearing cache and reinstalling app. Im thinking its something within device settings.

    submitted by /u/crispytoast23
    [link] [comments]

    Correct very misspelled words

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    I misspell some words consistently and want to add the proper word to the suggested word list or autocorrect them. Such as suprise -> surprise. Autocorrect doesn't offer the correction and the word is left incorrect. How do I either correct it automatically or add suggestions to autocorrect?

    submitted by /u/pmcall221
    [link] [comments]

    Cropping Makes Videos Low Quality

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    If I have a video and I open it up in the photos app to edit it, when I crop the video, the saved copy is of INSANELY low quality. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

    submitted by /u/Endikyuu
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Pixel 4 which I can't use

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    I managed to get my hands on a Pixel 4 that was issued by a company.

    It has management software on it (called IronMobile or something) and as soon as it connects to WiFi it resets. That's all it does for now.

    Is it possible to flash a custom ROM on it? I can enable USB debugging but I cannot toggle the "Enable OEM Unlocking" setting in developer options.

    This phone is a brick to me right now.

    Is there anything that can be done about it?

    submitted by /u/haraamii
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail label widgets show up as blank or generic Android symbol instead of the little red tag/label icon (Pixel 2 XL, A11, stock launcher). Never seen this before.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/CdJ5Aqz

    Both the three items with the blurred names and the "HLS" label are all Gmail label widgets/shortcuts. They work fine, just look weird.

    submitted by /u/isommers1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel