• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Why is spam showing up in my primary gmail inbox? Android Help

    Why is spam showing up in my primary gmail inbox? Android Help


    Why is spam showing up in my primary gmail inbox?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    One of my gmail accounts is constantly getting spam in my primary inbox all of a sudden.

    Why? How do I stop it?

    submitted by /u/frostmas
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable the LED while charging on Android pixel experience?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Hi, im using a custom ROM Android pixel(Android 10) experience on my Lenovo zuk z2 plus. When the battery reachs 15% It starts a led blinking light... Really annoying When i am charging that led light on the top right of my phone, turn on all the time. I want to disable that crap light. But i cannot find an option to do It in settings. I even enabled developer mode and theres nothing there...

    submitted by /u/legendarysnake
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 got soft bricked after updating

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    It's not rooted, but I do use shelter, netguard and brevent.

    Why did this happen? How can I fix this? It won't boot into recovery mode for some reason.

    submitted by /u/the_morrigu
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find a solution for restoring a backing up photos.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    So my grandma brought her phone to my mom because she was running out of space. So my mom tried to back them up using google photos but didn't let the photos back up. And she then deletes the photos out of the stock gallery app. So my grandma comes back to her and says her photos aren't there anymore. So my mom calls me and asks if I could get her photos back. And I was going through the photos and all the photos are in the recycling bin. I try and restore them but it says there's not enough space. The photos are what is taking up all the space. I've already deleted a lot of stuff on her phone but it's not much help. So for the past hour I've been using google files go to transfer her photos to my phone to make space. But this takes forever and I'm not even a quarter of the way through because she has almost 3k photos and videos and I could only move like 200 photos at a time because that's all that fits when I restore try to restore them. Is there any way I could get them transferred faster?

    submitted by /u/Lalosaurusrex
    [link] [comments]

    UC browser is often said to be unsafe. Why so?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Also, if possible, please provide an alternative to that. Since it does an excellent job at downloading videos.

    submitted by /u/Indian_Here
    [link] [comments]

    I recently downloaded ADM to download a video directly from the website. While downloading i noticed that the download speed is around 650mbps but my phone is draining data @1.2mbps. Can anyone explain why?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I noticed that even after my download is completed my data speed shows that something is using around 500-900kbps in idle. I promptly uninstalled ADM and the data usage immediately dropped to 1.2kbps.

    submitted by /u/Indian_Here
    [link] [comments]

    My phone Note 10+ will say that there is water detected when it's not and it keeps looking up random people on Wikipedia.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    My phone has been saying there is water in my usb port for a week and then it will go away but then come back, any way to fix this?

    It also keeps on looking up random people on Wikipedia. Yesterday I unlocked my phone and a wiki page of Nelson Mandela popped up and just now when I unlocked it Benjamin Harrison popped up. The day before Nelson it also did it but I didn't pay attention to the name.

    I have Verizon network.

    submitted by /u/Tannathin
    [link] [comments]

    Google Photos app update breaks movie creation?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    We used to use this feature a lot (Google Photos ->Utilities ->Create new movie) but now, even when adding a single landscape orientation movie, the newly created movie is in portrait mode and I can't figure out how to change it. Anyone else with the app update having this issue?

    Phone : Pixel 2

    submitted by /u/holey_guacamoley
    [link] [comments]

    Where are app data folders?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    So I have few magazine apps, some give you the possibility to download the magazine as PDF while others don't. The problem is, if I go to the economist for example, Android tells me it's using 900MB of space but when I go to /Android/data/economist folder/there's nothing there. I'm on s9+ with Android 10.

    submitted by /u/swsko
    [link] [comments]

    Setting a contact to override notification volume setting?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    This is my first post here so I hope this doesn't violate any rules. I have a GPS tracker on my new motorcycle that texts me when the bike moves or turns on and I set a custom ringtone for it, is there a way in the latest release of Android to set it so notifications from a specific contact can override the phone being on silent and always make the sound? If not I would love to see that in the future

    submitted by /u/Mistaken_Bacon
    [link] [comments]

    Widgets that don't open apps

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    I'm setting up a new tablet for a 95 year-old with significant dementia.

    I'm looking to lock-down as much as I can other than Duo (video conferencing) and a Photo library (managed via the cloud by relatives). This is my first foray into Android.

    Is there a clock widget that does not open any app when it is clicked? Similarly, is there a weather one as well?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bearing3
    [link] [comments]

    Why exactly Android gets slower over time?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    I did a reset. I have the same amount of apps from pre-reset state and the phone is lag free. Before that, animations were having framedrops and things were lagging a lot, especially multitasking. Why?!

    submitted by /u/complexramification
    [link] [comments]

    Any Way to Fake Camera Input?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Long story short: I'd like to use Signal's desktop app since I don't own a smartphone. However, one can only register an account on a smartphone. I managed to install Android-x84 on a virtual machine and set up an account in there but in order to use the desktop app I need to to link it to the Android app by scanning a QR code. Since there is no real phone, there is no camera to scan that with.

    So my only chance seems to be to somehow feed Signal with a screenshot of the QR code instead. Is that in any way feasible? If no, is there a way to use an external camera as the main camera (since Signal's QR scanner presumably uses the main camera automatically rather than letting you chose another device)? Signal's support apparently can't help me with that either so I'd appreciate any ideas on how to make this work, thanks :)

    submitted by /u/pawnzerknacker
    [link] [comments]

    LG V35 apps load photo thumbnails slow

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    With the exeception to the gallery, all apps such as Line, Instagram, and Wechat, load thumbnails really slow. I suspect is has to do with DNG files or the programs not using the Thumbnails folder, but I am not sure.

    Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Curious-Octopus
    [link] [comments]

    To dig deeper about my own phone.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    I want to know more about my phone. Like how data flows, how certain applications works in phone . They are just examples and not specifics. There may be other things we can do too which i do not know. Can you guys suggest such applications or process how i could do that?? That will be help,thanks.

    submitted by /u/i_m_itachi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to use a firewall in Android without root alongside an existing VPN?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    <Title>

    Many of us already have an existing VPN to encrypt our internet usage.

    But we also want a firewall. All no root firewalls use VPN for their purposes. This clashes with the existing VPN which in all fairness is more important.

    So, is there a possibility of using a firewall in current Android versions ?

    Maybe use some form of vpn chaining?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/IamNR
    [link] [comments]

    Viability of installing stock android on Galaxy A5

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    how hard would it be to root and install stock android on my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. it's currently running android 9, but its the samsung version, which I don't like, since I already use all the google apps anyway, I don't like having the Samsung ones as well... I do have access to a Linux computer, I'm guessing that is required?

    edit: would I be able to install Android 10?

    submitted by /u/georgelamb1234
    [link] [comments]

    No fastboot on Umidigi A3X

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm trying to root my Umidigi A3X but fastboot doesn't seem to work?

    I've tried going into it on the device AND through ADB, but when I select it/enter the command, it just says "=> FASTBOOT mode..." and never does anything.

    Help

    submitted by /u/bluefragment
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    As of now my device is unable to be rooted. I have life 360 installed for reasons i need to spoof the location. Turning off wifi alerts the circle turning off baclground refresh alerts the circle is there not anyway away to get around this even turning on batery saver throws an alert. Using a fake gps app wouldnt work because it uses wifi for location amd i dont have the option on my phone to set location to gps only ate there any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/schemaboyjoe
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to output HDMI without mirroring?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    pixel 4 xl bluetooth and wifi issue

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Alright so the wifi and bluetooth on my pixel were perfectly fine for the half year that I've owned the phone until a software update I got last week. After the update, (at least I think it's because of the update) I literally can't connect to bluetooth unless the phone is less than a foot from the device I'm connecting it to, and I can't connect to wifi either. It just says "out of range" when I'm literally in the room next to my router, where I would normally be able to connect just fine. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

    submitted by /u/mrpepper887
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what happend? Android 10 can't open apps with minimum requirement (3Gb Ram) with 4Gb device

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    The problem i have is: When i update my device from android 9 to 10, one game start with issues.

    The game (crossing void) starts and say my device doesn't have minimum 3Gb ram (Moto G7 Play SE 4Gb Ram).

    When i try to use some apps and see my device information (ram), one app put i just have 900 kb Ram aprox.

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/HeroYT_GS
    [link] [comments]

    Strange issue with DayDream

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    My Pixel 2XL has an issue where daydream always thinks I have an alarm on, and continually upticks to the next minute so the alarm always represents the current time. I don't use my phone as my alarm and don't have any alarms saved or anything, so just curious what's going on here.

    https://imgur.com/a/VTQvDes

    (Sorry for garbage quality, had to use my laptop webcam)

    This has been happening for prob a year or more at this point, and while not a real problem, it's strange and I'm wondering what's driving it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RUGGNATION
    [link] [comments]

    How do I reset the most played playlist on Samsung music

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    (I'm using a galaxy s10)I mostly use Samsung music to listen to the music files I downloaded from YouTube. In the folders where I keep the music, I added pictures to act as album covers but it messed up the most played playlist on Samsung music. Is it possible to reset it?

    submitted by /u/Alex-Blue-Cyndaquil
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run a Restore from Google Cloud after I'm done with the setup wizard?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Howdy,

    I was having a problem with my phone so I did a hard reset and chose to NOT restore my data from the Google Backup. I was able to get the phone working and now I want to do the restore so it puts all my apps and things back on automatically so I can see if everything keeps working. Is there any way to do this? I'm not finding a manual restore option in the menu or any way to rerun the initial setup wizard.

    This is on Android 9.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kelemvor33
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel