• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Windows 10X Preview Windows Help

    Windows 10X Preview Windows Help


    Windows 10X Preview

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:45 AM PST

    Windows 10 Fix for update and defender not working

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:45 PM PST

    This is my first post in this thread, I want to help everyone that thought nothing but a "windows reset" will fix their problem.So few days ago I wanted to update my windows, however, I came across a problem where Windows Update Screen was stuck on "Checking for updates...", and whenever I wanted to run a Windows Defender scan blank page with "Security at a glance" appeared.

    What i've tried?https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3h59qg/windows_update_stuck_on_checking_for_updates/
    however, that wasn't succesful at all

    Then i found this phenomenal fix:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-missing-0x80070424-windows/710abc29-1926-4442-be8c-5adc7036ed32

    after the reboot, windows updates started working correctly (however windows defender did not for some reason)

    i updated from 1803 to 1909 (left it overnight).

    First thing I did in the morning was turning on my pc to check if everything was good,1909 worked like a charm, auto updates fixed, defender back on!

    Hope i helped someone, cheers!

    submitted by /u/versace1g
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoy your day!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:53 PM PST

    What’s the latest update and where can I get it?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:41 PM PST

    Probably a really stupid question but I had to reinstall Windows 10 and I need to update to the latest version (My copy of Windows has 1809 or whatever on it.) can I get to the very latest using Windows Update?

    submitted by /u/bedlambedlamhohoho2
    [link] [comments]

    Help restore files

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:56 PM PST

    Need help to restore files. I updated my windows to 10 and now it showing a blank page, like a brand new computer. I still have all my files just trying to figure out how to get it how it was before the update

    submitted by /u/SLICKDaHOSHI
    [link] [comments]

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19564 for Fast

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Upgrading SSD in a laptop?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:06 PM PST

    I have an old laptop that I am upgrading the drive to SSD. I do not want to keep anything on the drive, i just want to upgrade and copy the windows OS to the new drive until I find out if the computer can even handle windows 10. It is a windows 7 machine.

    What are the steps I would take to install a copy of windows 7 to the new SSD after taking out the old one?

    submitted by /u/netrate
    [link] [comments]

    Changing Music Thumbnail

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:27 PM PST

    I know how to change the name of a song

    I know how to change the artist of a song

    But I do not know how to change the cover art / thumbnail of a song

    If I transfere music to my smartphone it shows the default music cover / logo / thumbnail but how do I add something custom?

    I've been told that I have to change something in the files and I'm on Windows 10 so I'm asking here.

    submitted by /u/OriginalOmega
    [link] [comments]

    Will Windows 10 Drivers Work On Windows 7 ?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:53 PM PST

    have anyone tried it out before and worked fine or just got problems with it.

    submitted by /u/A-questioner
    [link] [comments]

    System Reserve Formatted Accidentally

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:53 AM PST

    System Reserve Formatted Accidentally

    So, I'm somewhat confused at what just happened. Last night, I plugged in a Micro SD card reader with the assumption that the card inside was blank, but somehow instead the System Reserved partition came up instead. I accidentally formatted it, and now it's gone. Any ideas on how to add it back in? Was it the Chinese card reader by any chance that did this? Honestly not sure what to do...

    System reserve formatted, but PC still boots and updates...

    submitted by /u/EuphoricPenguin22
    [link] [comments]

    Still using Windows7. Have a update?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:37 PM PST

    So I'm still with Windows 7. No rush in switching to 10, but I noticed I have a security update

    "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - February 2020 (KB890830)

    Any idea why I'm getting an update despite the no more support for Windows 7?

    submitted by /u/Sarz13
    [link] [comments]

    Taskbar and desktop icons blinking at random

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:36 AM PST

    I suspect this is an issue with explorer.exe. The symptom is as if a change has been made causing windows explorer to refresh, but I can't find out what's causing it.

    Checking Event Viewer has not helped. I try to look at Task Manager and Resource Monitor for services or programs using CPU at the times it happens, but I haven't been able to solve it. I downloaded Process Explorer, but I doubt it will help. I need something that shows exactly what happened at the time of the icons blinking, something that will point me to the relevant chain of events.

    I have searched extensively on other people's posts online about this phenomenon. Many of them trigger the event when they interact with explorer in some way, but for me it happens without doing anything in particular. Troubleshooting by disabling a program and waiting to see if it happens again is completely impractical (and it is by no means a recently found issue). I have way too many programs, and I would have to be doing nothing but sit and wait on something that happens at random (between noticing it maybe 2 times a week and 4 times a day).

    I'm using Windows 10 version 17134, which could be the reason itself. Changing the version would be the last resort. I would rather want to know what causes explorer to refresh in the first place, but if it's something deeply rooted into the operating system itself I guess I'm out of options.

    submitted by /u/WickeDanneh
    [link] [comments]

    Attempting to lockdown Conference Room PCs but not still make them serviceable.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:23 AM PST

    My organization has a large number of conference rooms with a PC and display in them. We have created service accounts for each of these rooms with unique login and password.

    Via GPO we restrict heavily what these accounts can do and access. However, a persistent problem has been logoff/switch user and power options.

    We'd like to have it so that users who come into work on these machines cannot log them off, switch user, or shut them down. They have a bad habit of doing this to login with their accounts and then leaving the PCs locked or logged out and the next user is left stuck and calling our service desk.

    I found group policy to disable logoff, hide fast user switching, and to remove power options.

    Previously when we hid all these, Alt F4 was a hidden command to log off, which worked for us when troubleshooting needs arose. However, when all these options are hidden we now get

    "Restrictions

    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

    Any suggestions on how best to setup machines that can only be logged off/rebooted by an administrator?

    submitted by /u/reenact12321
    [link] [comments]

    2 windows os on one laptop

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:46 PM PST

    How do I install second windows so that when I turn on my laptop I don't get access to the other os. I have hdd and sdd. Right now when I install Windows on ssd I can access the other windows os from current boot. I hope I have written my problem explicitly

    submitted by /u/sfmaod
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop Notifications for Outlook wont mark as read

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:40 PM PST

    Hi!

    I recently upgraded my work computer to Windows 10 and I have desktop notifications for Outlook enabled.

    Previously, I was able to open an email from the desktop notification and it would mark the email as read in Outlook. Now they remain marked unread unless I open the email and view it in the reading pane.

    I've looked everywhere in settings and options - can anyone help me? Its driving me nuts!

    submitted by /u/magmol
    [link] [comments]

    So I messed up .cur files this morning

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I accidentally made the default application for .cur files different. I associated them with a cursor editor, but now they do not have thumbnails anymore. I rely on thumbnails to know what cursors are and in this state, I cannot use Realworld Change Cursor on them. Is there any way to disassociate them without choosing another default program in Windows 10?

    submitted by /u/realvolker1
    [link] [comments]

    Scheduling Windows update installation

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:11 AM PST

    Is there a way to schedule update installation so they aren't forced on me when I turn my computer on? Is it possible to schedule the installation and restart for overnight hours?

    It seems like everytime I turn my computer on its bogged down for an hour installing updates.

    submitted by /u/ThanatosCharon
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Display function is missing.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:49 AM PST

    I've used the screen extension in the past and now that I need this in my work, I'm having trouble setting up because the multiple display function is missing. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/TheBrokeFilo
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys i made a petition in order to hopefully bring Windows Aero back to in windows 10

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:15 PM PST

    Weird entries in DNS cache

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:18 AM PST

    Entry RecordName RecordType Status Section TimeToLive Data Length Data ----- ---------- ---------- ------ ------- ---------- ----------- ---- 193.58.168.192.in-addr.arpa 193.58.168.192.in-addr.arpa. PTR Success Answer 278432 8 $computer.mshome.net $computer.mshome.net AAAA NoRecords $computer.mshome.net $computer.mshome.net A Success Answer 278432 4 192.168.58.193 205.58.168.192.in-addr.arpa 205.58.168.192.in-addr.arpa. PTR Success Answer 278432 8 DESKTOP-PKQ2CT0.mshome.net desktop-pkq2ct0.mshome.net AAAA NoRecords desktop-pkq2ct0.mshome.net DESKTOP-PKQ2CT0.mshome.net A Success Answer 278432 4 192.168.58.205 

    This is in my DNS cache after flushing. Both Get-DnsClientCache and ipconfig /displaydns show the same. Win 10 1909. I don't use the subnets 192.168.58.0/24 or 192.168.0.0/16 or anything in between. There is no computer with the name DESKTOP-PKQ2CT0 in my network. Any idea where do these things come from?

    submitted by /u/0x000000000000004C
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Patch Tuesday February 2020 releases patch for 99 security flaws

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:48 AM PST

    Microsoft has released its patches for the February Patch Tuesday which includes patches for an alarming count of 99 vulnerabilities, making it the biggest Patch Tuesday till date. Out of those 99 vulnerabilities, 12 were marked critical, 87 were mentioned as important.

    Read more: https://www.thecybersecuritytimes.com/microsoft-patch-tuesday-february-2020-releases-patch-for-99-security-flaws/

    Follow r/cybersecurity_times for more cyber updates.

    submitted by /u/The_Cybersec_Times
    [link] [comments]

    Printer Fonts not appearing on Windows 10

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:53 AM PST

    Hey, I have two computers on my office, one has win xp and has always been connected to an Epson LX-300-II Matrix Printer.

    The other one has Windows 10 and I want to use that same Matrix Printer with it.

    However, I cant select its fonts on the newer computer (win 10 one).

    Word, Excel, Notepad and WordPad dont show the printer fonts that the other older computer allows me to use on those very same programs.

    I installed the correct drivers on the new computer from Epson's website and I can print with it just fine. Its just that the fonts that would allow a clear fast printing arent available to me on any text processing program.

    Do I have to "enable" the use of device fonts somewhere, or am I missing something?

    Thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/AlxCJ
    [link] [comments]

    what is going on with windows 10 and default app settings?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:08 AM PST

    as an os that should be focused on user experience, microsoft is surely trying its best to shy away their user base. there is one simple task, it has been working in the past, but somehow they managed to break a core functionality, presumably willingly or not.

    like why on earth can i not set my default app settings to an application of my choice anymore? have a look at this.

    i cant set my default app from the right click context menu anymore to be permanent. so every single file i want to open with anything else but windows' tools, can not be opened with the normal double clicking anymore.

    but there is a workaround right? well, have a look at this then.

    in the dedicated settings menu, i can not set an application of my choice as the default application anymore either. it is, for reasons beyond my ability to grasp them, to the microsoft store.

    but wait, there is more. you can set your default app by specifically telling which files to open with which application, right)? no!

    so for the off chance that im acting overly stupid and maybe im missing something very obvious, can someone kindly direct me to a solution that lets me set my damn default applications to what i like them to be?

    this is the last time im trying to find an argument for windows outside of gaming. if i am restricted in my freedom of the most simplest thing that has been working before, i will simply switch to linux, that i am already using for my studies and work. no game is worth to me over staying on such a hostile os that is gradually taking away my freedom for no apparent reason other than making money off of me wanting to play games on an operating system that i payed for. what a sentence that was, phew, sry.

    i am rly fed up with all the other nonsense that has been happening on windows, like ads in the start menu and apps, preinstalled apps that nobody asked for or even a decent working command line tool or terminal, just to name a few things that immediately come to my mind when i think of why windows blows.

    please, let me change my defaullt application to whatever i want it to be. thats all.

    submitted by /u/eskoONE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel