• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, February 11, 2020

    What does a lock with a plus sign mean on available wifi icons. Android 9 Android Help

    What does a lock with a plus sign mean on available wifi icons. Android 9 Android Help


    What does a lock with a plus sign mean on available wifi icons. Android 9

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    I'm looking at two available wifi connections and one of them has the normal lock you'd expect to see with a secured wifi but one of them has a small plus sign next to the lock. I've been searching for an answer but, given the search terms, I'm not finding anything specific to this.

    Do any of you know what this icon means?

    Screenshot Here

    submitted by /u/rabidelectron
    [link] [comments]

    Where did "My timeline" disappear to in google maps?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:39 PM PST

    Timeline was great for remembering where I was on a particular day.
    Some recent update to google maps appears to have moved where "My contributions" is, (I found that and think it was no improvement) but "my timeline" vanished completely.
    ???

    Thanks.
    MB

    submitted by /u/MonsterBongos
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with the apps that turn themselves on whenever you're connected to the internet?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:36 AM PST

    So there are certain applications that automatically turn on even though you don't use them whenever your phone connects to the Internet (Reddit and Play Store) are part of them.

    I find it annoying because despite force stopping them. They get turned on by themselves whenever I get online. This really sucks because I don't want apps to run in the background. Just let me choose what apps I want to run. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/UindiaUwin
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Email app repeatedly marks many old emails as unread

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:56 PM PST

    As per the title. This has happened once in the past and twice within this week. I am using my emails a lot more frequently at the moment as I'm job hunting so this is particularly annoying. Does anyone have any clues as to a fix? Here is a screenshot to what I'm seeing: https://ibb.co/K0LsCPJ

    EDIT: I am also using Windows Mail on Windows 10 for these three accounts. I do get an issue when marking something as read on Windows Mail not showing in Samsung Email. So perhaps there is something there?

    submitted by /u/MissingNoLL
    [link] [comments]

    Alarms tied to media volume when connected via Bluetooth.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:43 PM PST

    [Pixel 3a - Android 10 - KOODO Mobile] I like to play some white noise through a Bluetooth speaker when I go to bed but I need to have my media volume low for that. Even with alarm volume maxed my alarms are very quiet.

    If I restart my phone and trigger an alarm before I start my white noise it plays at full volume but as soon as I start some music or white noise my alarms seem to come through the media volume.

    Anyone have a fix?

    submitted by /u/fataldarkness
    [link] [comments]

    nomedia file keeps disappearing from device folders? (Oppo Reno 2)

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Hi, I've been noticing for a while that media from app caches (such as telegram) has been showing up and cluttering my gallery app. I've tried creating a .nomedia file in the offending multiple times but it seems to just disappear after every reboot and the photos keep showing up. Does anyone know any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/gammaohfivetwo
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off text messaging on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 6.0.1?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:12 PM PST

    I use Ting, and they charge me for text messages. From what I can find, you can supposedly turn that off on your phone and they won't charge you, but I have completely failed to find any method to do that.

    Googling has gotten me nowhere.

    submitted by /u/archpawn
    [link] [comments]

    Gesture bar not dissapearing in full screen games

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:07 PM PST

    The navigation bar will, but the gesture bar won't

    submitted by /u/Xamareik
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with harassing text messages. How do I block them completely or have them deleted upon receipt?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:05 PM PST

    The Situation:

    So for the past 2 years I have been getting 3-5k (yes 3-5 THOUSAND) harassing text messages a month from a single person who doxxed a bunch of us on here and keeps starting these massive group texts with his cronies. I have tried so many things to stop the harassment and nothing seems to work. Could someone please offer me a real solution here so I can get on with my life?

    Info: Android phone. Huawei Mate 9 updated. Stock Rom, no root

    Methods I have tried:

    • Blocking from native sms app

    • Blocking from Chomp sms which is my preferred app

    • Blocking with an app called Calls Blacklist

    • Calling my provider which is Straight Talk and they advised me to use a third party app or change my number

    Additional Info:

    I can't change my number, I've had it for 15 years and I run a small business so that would be a nightmare.

    I even tried asking the offenders multiple times to please remove me but that just made them go even crazier and send even more messages.

    I have tried reading and searching google for help but there are really no solutions. It's frustrating to say the least.

    The Real Problem:
    The apps that I have do have a block function but they don't actually block anything, they just archive the messages so I still have to see them and manually delete around 150 messages a day. We are going on 2 years now. I'm sick of it. I don't want to see the messages, I don't want them archived, I want them actually blocked. This is really starting to drive me crazy and I am at my wits end here. Thanks in advance for reading and hopefully you can help me!

    submitted by /u/TheLongestUser
    [link] [comments]

    How to uninstall Duo?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:32 PM PST

    I have a rooted OnePlus 7 Pro running Oxygen OS 10.3.0 and have been trying remove all the unwanted apps and the only one so far I've had issues with is Duo. I have tried using the Magisk Module called Debloat, Titanium Backup and Root Uninstaller and they all run the process to remove the app with no issues but when i reboot the app is back.

    submitted by /u/66696669666
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Link App: Can't get Google Pixel 3a to connect, but iPad and Link Box can

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:37 PM PST

    I've posted this on the Steam Link reddit, in the Steam Link forums on Steam, and haven't found out what weirdness is happening yet.

    I'm using an Araknis router. I've gone into the router settings and done port forwarding. The 27031 port is forwarded on both TCP/UDP. Anything else I can try? Same WiFi and everything (PC is hardwired, other devices are not), tried disabling Windows Defender and same thing. When I try to connect on my phone, even though it says it can detect the PC with a green check mark, I get this error message every time when I try to connect using the Steam Link app on my Google Pixel 3a. Sometimes it says port 27032.

    I know it's at least PARTIALLY connecting because once I hit Start Playing on the app, Steam Big Picture opens up on my PC but it loads a second on my phone before giving me the error. Once I hit exit Big Picture on my PC, it says "Stop Streaming to Google Pixel 3a?" so I know there is some sort of connection being made, but Network Tests don't seem to work and I keep getting that error before any video shows up on my phone. Help please?

    EDIT: Even more confusing, apps like Moonlight and Parsec can connect just fine... but not Steam Link

    submitted by /u/BadgerDeluxe
    [link] [comments]

    How to manually set the time?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:20 PM PST

    how does one manually set the time on a samsung galaxy s4.

    phone can no longer access the internet so It can't auto-set

    submitted by /u/soldeeds-dreams
    [link] [comments]

    What GNSS systems does moto g7 support?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:09 PM PST

    Hello, yall. I have a moto g7. moto website says it can receive GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and Baidou. When I run GPStest, etc, it reports I am only getting GPS and GLONASS. I am getting a lot of both though so I don't think I'm not seeing Galileo and Baidou due to weak signals.

    submitted by /u/jake9wi
    [link] [comments]

    How do I reenable push notifications?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:10 AM PST

    So, newish phone, ZTE Spark I got about 4-5 months ago when changing the phone plan. Whenever I get a notification from my email or an app or something I would usually push them away as it would be something unimportant and doesnt matter. Eventually, it said "you wanna stop recieving from this app entirely?" And I guess I must have accidentally accepted it, now I get no notifications from my Email so I sometimes miss important shit as I rarely check my email on my own. Anyone know how to fix this? I went into settings and told the app to give notifications but it still doesnt do it despite me having it on highest priority....

    submitted by /u/JTDestroyer5900
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off the extra row of unnecessary buttons in Gboard?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    These buttons:
    https://i.imgur.com/W6EY2pZ.jpg

    Completely useless, never use them, they only get in the way and minimize my game when I'm trying to talk to my damn team mates

    I cannot find the setting, how the hell do I turn these off? or at least hide them so it doesn't fuck up my game every. single. time?

    submitted by /u/TitanicMan
    [link] [comments]

    Phone cuts call 17 minutes after dialling number

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:35 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9T. Today while trying to call my electricity provider I noticed that the phone cuts the call after 17 minutes. Specifically while I am waiting for my call to be picked up by the call center, the phone cuts the call at around 17 minutes (ironically when the recorded voice says my call is being picked up). I don't understand whether this is a problem with my Xiaomi or with Android (I have Android 9), or with my network provider. I browsed the internet and saw that one of the OnePlus phones does the same. However the settings they suggest to solve the issue on OnePlus do not work on my Xiaomi because it is a different phone. Has anyone encountered this? How can I solve it?

    submitted by /u/Normal_Kaleidoscope
    [link] [comments]

    One of my phones doesn't read USBs via adapter.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Any reason for this?

    The one that does read it does have a higher Android version (8.0) but is that really the reason?

    I did try enabling media transfer on it's USB settings but that doesn't appear to work.

    submitted by /u/IllIllIIIIl
    [link] [comments]

    How much extra does adding 5G cost for the manufacturer and the consumer?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:45 PM PST

    After seeing the new S20 announcement I was curious, How much extra is the cost to a manufacturer to add 5G in it's phone and how much $$$ has it usually added to the final product for the consumer?

    I was waiting for the S20 for a while, but I won't be happy if I'll be paying $200+ extra for a feature I won't be using any time soon.

    submitted by /u/wuttang13
    [link] [comments]

    Can't access multi-tasking menu from home screen

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I use Evie Launcher on my Google Pixel 3a. For the past few days, I've been unable to access my multi-tasking menu while on the home menu, which I usually accessed by swiping up from the bezel past the home button. This same gesture works when I'm in any other app but the home menu, and it works fine from the main menu of Pixel Launcher. What could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/kiptronics
    [link] [comments]

    Spapchat Questions

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:06 PM PST

    How do I turn off or turn down the call tone on snapchat?

    submitted by /u/azor-the-ahai
    [link] [comments]

    Texting/S app that allows you to filter all incoming messages not from a contact?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 04:28 PM PST

    The wave of political mass texting is driving me nuts, does anyone know of a Messages alternative that will allow me to block all inbound texts that are not from a contact?

    submitted by /u/Defenestration_Diety
    [link] [comments]

    Creating rooting app

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:42 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm looking to create an app in which you can root varying android version, I'm currently writing it in java and I was wondering if someone would be wanting to help with this.

    submitted by /u/rshelver
    [link] [comments]

    How to adjust the volume of left and right bluetooth ear buds ?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:11 AM PST

    My right ear bud is broken so there is a bit less sound in it than the left, is there any way that I can decrease the volume in the left bud?

    Phone: POCO F1

    ROM: Oxygen OS 10 based on ANDROID 10 ( OP7)

    ROOTED : YES

    submitted by /u/Mastermind1703
    [link] [comments]

    screen casting/extending without using the touchscreen?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:02 PM PST

    This morning I got in a minor bike accident and my galaxy s9's display no longer works. The phone is completely functional, it's just the display that doesn't work. For example, I was able to answer a phone call today from my girlfriend by remembering roughly where the "accept call" slider was.

    Since my screen doesn't work and I have a PIN code, I'm looking for a way to view my screen on my computer so I can unlock it. I am struggling because I do not have developer enabled, and because I cannot accept the "accept remote access?" prompt since I can't see it. As a side note, I have tried using the "remote unlock" feature on samsung find my mobile, but I my remote unlock feature is off. I hope this describes my situation well enough and would gladly go into further detail if necessary. Hopefully something exists for this.

    If there is no way to solve this, should most of my pictures and notepad notes be saved to the sim card?

    I could also download an app from the play store to my phone from my computer, if that could help.

    submitted by /u/riley690
    [link] [comments]

    Disable physical touch screen input, while retaining virtual touch screen via PC?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:59 PM PST

    Hi everyone!

    I have a Redmi Note 2. Screen has ghost touch issue, Some wild ghost touching occurs even when I haven't physically touched the phone for hours - so I can't really use the phone even from my PC (using apps like ApowerMirror or Vysor).

    Is there a way to disable the physical input of the touch screen, but keep the virtual touch screen enabled? (so I can still use the phone from PC via ApowerMirror or Vysor)

    submitted by /u/avadotclothing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel