• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    Simply add frames and titles to your Google Play screenshots. Android Dev

    Simply add frames and titles to your Google Play screenshots. Android Dev


    Simply add frames and titles to your Google Play screenshots.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    Microsoft begins charming developers into supporting its dual-screen vision

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Somebody pushed the publish button too early?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:49 PM PST

    How do you organize large amounts of image files?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:59 PM PST

    Newbie here. I'm planning to make an app which will contain 50+ large image files. Do I have to put them all in the drawables folder? I've read that you can't put sub-folders in the drawables folder. Can I put my files somewhere else and how would I reference them from the activity.

    How do you organize the image files in your apps?

    submitted by /u/TastyStatistician
    [link] [comments]

    Instant-appifying a large mature app

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

    Is Google Play not indexing new apps AGAIN ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:36 AM PST

    Like the last time, new apps are not getting indexed, and they won't appear in search result even if you search them by exact name.

    submitted by /u/MahlabaFire
    [link] [comments]

    What are your essentials?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:54 AM PST

    Curious what the communities go-to/must-have frameworks or libraries are when developing.

    Http/Web Clients?

    Database?

    UI/Theming?

    Logging/Auditing?

    Other categories are welcome!

    submitted by /u/Just4Funsies95
    [link] [comments]

    How do you test updating of third party libraries?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:10 AM PST

    Imagine that you have to update some third party libraries in your project. How will you check that nothing has been broken? Manual testing? Automated UI-tests? Maybe some other approach (like isolated tests for a certain library)?

    submitted by /u/aartikov
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get the x coordinate of a character in a string inside a TextView?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:11 PM PST

    Like the title says, I want to get the x coordinate of a particular character of a string inside a TextView. I know I can use View.getLocationInWindow() to get the TextView bounds, but in my case the text inside the TextView doesn't always take up the entire view. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/jimontgomery
    [link] [comments]

    Strategies for using Paging Library with offline cache while providing different sorting options?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:19 PM PST

    It seems to me like the Paging Library just isn't built with this simple use case in mind. Say I have an app that searches IMDB for movie releases. Upon first load, it will fetch the first page of movies (perhaps 50 of the most recent movies) and correctly display them. Then say the user wants to search for the most popular movies of all time. First it will sort the original 50 movies by popularity, and only after these have been displayed will the BoundaryCallback try to grab more from the API. This is clearly a poor user experience.

    Is Paging Library just not meant to handle this?

    submitted by /u/GavinGT
    [link] [comments]

    A possible solution for Android Studio randomly losing ADB connection

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    (Tested on Mac running Chrome)

    For quite some time I had issues with Android Studio and ADB disconnecting from my phone multiple times throughout the day. Reconnecting the USB cable sometimes worked, but not always. Toggling USB debugging and/or revoking keys in Developer settings mostly helped but was tedious.

    Yesterday I noticed that when the phone isn't detected by ADB I could still use Stetho in Chrome Inspect tools. That got me curious - it turns out Chrome does not use ADB daemon by default and protocol for remote debugging is implemented in Chrome itself. When I disabled "Discover USB devices" I could still access my phone as long as ADB daemon is running. Since that, I think the issue is gone.

    TL;DR

    1. Go to chrome://inspect
    2. Disable "Discover USB devices"

    Please let me know if you had similar behavior and if this solution fixed it.

    submitted by /u/qhron
    [link] [comments]

    Offline Real Time OCR

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:52 PM PST

    Apologies if this isn't the best place for this question, it's a difficult one to find a relevant area.

    I'd like to know if there are any libraries, modules, etc to perform real time OCR? To in this case just pick out saved keywords from a live camera stream from the device.

    I know google offered an API to do this but I'd really like something that is totally offline.

    It's only for a personal project so if it can't be done I won't lose any sleep but would like to try ideas if anyone can offer some.

    submitted by /u/davetherooster
    [link] [comments]

    For people using Appodeal, what does your "prominent disclosure" look like?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:07 AM PST

    My app was removed with this as the reason:

    Your app is using the Appodeal SDK, which is uploading user's phone number, social accounts and installed packages information without a prominent disclosure. Prior to the collection and transmission, it must prominently highlight how the user data will be used, describe the type of data being collected and have the user provide affirmative consent for such use.

    I handwrote a crappy privacy policy that def deserved to get taken down, so I'm curious what a good Appodeal disclosure looks like before trying to make a new one and potentially getting another strike. I understand there are generators out there but it would be great to see what one looks like that is actually in a live app that's acceptable by Google.

    Edit: also just read Appodeal recommends linking their privacy policy in yours, so that must be a part of it.

    submitted by /u/Liftdom_
    [link] [comments]

    How do you share projects to GitHub without exposing the keys?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

    I am running a Firebase Tutorials Blog but I lack some GitHub skills. I was just writing a tutorial where I will be demonstrating the use of Firebase Cloud Storage in Android. In the end, I will be sharing the code over Github but I don't want to share the google-services.json file and some other api keys.

    I am aware of gitignore but:

    a) I want to inform the users about the keys or files which are missing and they have to include them to run this code

    b) What will happen if I pull some previous commit on my machine, do I need to add those files/keys again myself too? Or the Android Studio will use the one which was not pushed because of gitignore

    Please help, thanks

    submitted by /u/davidkonal
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do when your app has compatibility issues?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:13 PM PST

    I'm writing an app and I've found some unindended behaviour for some older versions of Android. How am I supposed to go about debugging and fixing the issue?

    submitted by /u/psycotik666
    [link] [comments]

    Need a little help with card view

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:58 AM PST

    I am using the Material card view in a project and while I know how to create and use the cards in the xml file I don't know how (and can't seem to find any references) on how to create cards dynamically. I would want a new card to be created on the click of a button

    submitted by /u/Kendoll_Jenner
    [link] [comments]

    Are interstitial ads on back button allowed?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Is it allowed to use Admob's interstitial ads when Back Button is pressed on a specific activity? Can't find a recent legit answer.

    submitted by /u/laazaz
    [link] [comments]

    x5 Grammarly Premium Accounts

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Visit https://learnboard.tech and check the first 5 accounts.

    submitted by /u/cergo123
    [link] [comments]

    What is your single greatest concern for the future of Kotlin for Android development?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:54 AM PST

    This question was in one of the Google surveys about Android development. I don't really know how to answer this, so I skipped at the time. But if one has some, what could they be?

    submitted by /u/stavro24496
    [link] [comments]

    Fragments overlapping

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:10 AM PST

    Hello, I've been searching everywhere and the only solution I found was to add a background and clickable to true in the fragment...

    Any other tip ir solution besides that?

    submitted by /u/Mahjunia
    [link] [comments]

    Listening specific node for updates

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Listening specific node for updates

    Hello all, i'm not a good programmer, i'm just trying to learn what is the best approach and keep learning.

    I've an app which lets users post pictures and other users can like it. I'm trying to listen these like events while online and offline. Offline part is another story i'll attach a service and childeventlistener for that.

    For the online part: I'm trying to show these like events on a fragment page called latest events.

    But for now my question is this; is my approach okay?

    I've created another Json structure for likes:

    This is structure.

    For getting userID's and Timestamps for the likes, i had to use GenericTypeIndicator and hashmap. My code is working, its showing notifications on the page, but in wrong order.

    valueEventListener = new ValueEventListener() { u/Override public void onDataChange(@NonNull DataSnapshot dataSnapshot) { for (DataSnapshot ds: dataSnapshot.getChildren()){ LatestActivity c = new LatestActivity(); c.setPhotoId(ds.getKey()); //foto id GenericTypeIndicator<HashMap<String, Long>> genericTypeIndicator = new GenericTypeIndicator<HashMap<String, Long>>() {}; c.setUserTime(ds.getValue(genericTypeIndicator)); // Like id ve timestamp activities.add(c); adapter.notifyDataSetChanged(); } } 

    Then i pass my custom model to recyclerview adapter, there i do database calls to retrieve relevent things like picture link, date, users profilpicture etc.

    But this is also hard for getting key and value in HashMap. i have to know exact key to get the value(timestamp) to order the notifications by date.

    But i think this whole thing is a wrong approach, i can't think of a better way though.

    Do you folks suggest a better JSON structure or a better approach?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/cd1223g
    [link] [comments]

    Problem displaying Notification Progress Bar

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Hi, I have one service listening all time to detect shakes, once it detects shake records a video and then when recording service is over, I want to call another service to upload the video file to google drive.

    I'm having problems displaying a notification from service and also uploading the file. I keep getting same error, trying to invoke a method on a null reference.

    The thing is, my upload method is working, I tested it (not as service, just as methods on MainActivity), and It works. So what am I missing here? Does progress notification bar or uploading a file needs a view so they can't start?

    submitted by /u/chucklemuff
    [link] [comments]

    First time making a simple card game, but which tool to use?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:12 AM PST

    Hey all,

    I would like to make a simple card game for Android. Right now I coded it in Java with Eclipse and only use the console for output. I've googled a bit on how to make an App for Android, but not sure which tool or tools to use. I've heard for games it's not really a good idea to use Android Studio. It's better to use Unity. Is that true? Even for simple 2D games?

    And if I use any of those tools, can I just use my classes I already make or do I have to rebuild?
    If there are other important things, let me know!

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/juunhoad
    [link] [comments]

    How to test Android Intent's Bundle using Mockk?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:21 AM PST

    I would like to test a custom handler class which is starting a new Activity. I would like to test the Intent's Bundle if contains the pre defined parameters.

    The test class:

    @MockK lateinit var activity: ActivityCalendar @Before fun setUp() { MockKAnnotations.init(this) } @Test fun testActivityBundles() { val book = mockk<Book>() every { book.releaseDate } returns GregorianCalendar().apply { this.timeInMillis = 1423825586000 } every { activity.startActivity(any()) } just Runs val handler = ActivityHandler(activity) handler.startRequiredActivity(book) verify { activity.startActivity( withArg { intent -> val bundle = intent.extras!! val releaseDateTimeMillis = bundle.getLong("release_date", 0L) Assert.assertEquals(1423825586000, releaseDateTimeMillis) } ) } } 

    The code above is crashing at line: val bundle = intent.extras!! but it shouldn't.

    The class that I want to test:

    class ActivityHandler(val activity: Activity) { fun startRequiredActivity(book: Book) { val intent = buildIntent(book) activity.startActivity(intent) } private fun buildIntent(book: Book): Intent { val extras = Bundle().apply { this.putLong("release_Date", book.releaseDate.timeInMillis) } return Intent(activity, ActivityBookDetails::class.java).apply { putExtras(extras) } } } data class Book( val releaseDate: GregorianCalendar ) 

    I debugged the code and I found out that function private fun buildIntent(book: Book): Intent is returning an "null" object (string "null" and not Java NULL).

    submitted by /u/leontin91
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel