• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Notification of Text I just Sent? Android Help

    Notification of Text I just Sent? Android Help


    Notification of Text I just Sent?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:28 PM PST

    I have a Samsung Note 8 on Android 9. Using the factory messaging app, I often receive a notification of a text that I just sent.

    So, when I receive a message, I'll get a pop-up with the contact's name, and a bit of their message. However, often when I reply, I get another pop-up. This one will have my own name on it, and the message I just sent.

    This is not a read report, and I have seen this on more than one phone. I've done quite a bit of searching and I haven't really found any useful information yet. I already have my date and time settings set to Automatic. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Jman4647
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a notification vibrate and sound once, and then ideally be muted afterward?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:08 PM PST

    What I am looking to do is, get a notification as normal with vibration and sound, and then any further notifications from that app I want to not vibrate. For context, it would be the most helpful for a messaging app, where I would like to be informed when I receive a message, but I don't want my phone vibrating over and over if they are to send more than one message before I can reply. Just once is enough to let me know I have a message, I don't need 27 vibrations in my pocket. This sort of dynamic reaction to a notification would be extremely helpful for me, with the notification acting normally at first, and then if it is already present in the notification "bar" or "tab" (I'm not sure what its called exactly), then it wouldn't do something like vibrate or sound my phone. I am not sure if any apps can control notifications like this, so I am here to ask for help. I am willing to root my phone if I need in order to get this functionality, so lets me know about any method you got, Thanks!

    Additionally if anyone can think of a good method of receiving the notification you can let me know, I might not need my phone to vibrate or sound at all if there is a good alternative, but those are the only ways that I can think to inform me hands-free and from my pocket, and something like my phone notification led, while less intrusive, wouldn't really work.

    I hope you guys can help, Android Enthusiast StackExchange seems pretty dead, with most questions being left unanswered and 0 votes.

    submitted by /u/SirRedEdge
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop my phone connecting to wifi networks?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:27 AM PST

    I've been having this issue only recently. In public places, my phone is auto connecting to wifi networks that I have never asked it to connect to before, and I cannot tell it to 'forget' these networks or not to connect to them. It's happening constantly, I am trying to connect to websites and instead i'm getting redirected to sign in pages for wifi networks that I never asked for and don't want. I don't want to have to keep turning my wifi off and on I just want my phone to not connect to networks by itself . any idea why it is doing this and how to stop it? it's a samsung galaxy A40.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/triadne
    [link] [comments]

    odin is not responding when adding ap

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:36 PM PST

    odin is not working stuck at "please wait " not responding when adding ap help me , am trying to flash samsung note 5 is there any other way to flash samsung mobile?

    submitted by /u/pa1kalyan
    [link] [comments]

    Can't save screenshot due to limited storage?!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:01 PM PST

    So I have a Moto e5 play and lately despite having well over 2Gb of space I have been getting the error above. I need to be able to take screenshots of certain things and being unable to is irking me. How do I fix this?!

    submitted by /u/HarleyQuinn4200
    [link] [comments]

    Repeat keep turning off in Google Play Music

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:00 PM PST

    No matter how many times I turn repeat on, it keeps turning itself off and it's really annoying. How do I stop this?

    submitted by /u/FreedomAt3am
    [link] [comments]

    I purchased an Asus 6z and I want a tempered glass for the same.To all the users of the could you please share the link from where you ve bought it.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:10 PM PST

    I live in India and here we have Flipkart and amazon as online retailers. I can't find a single good one on both and also in offline retail stores Also can I use the screen protector with black background because I heard it disables proximity sensor I got the phone before one week and i am yet to use it because of the non availability of tempered glass Please suggest one

    submitted by /u/_exx_why_sed
    [link] [comments]

    Google Assistant button not working on Android 10

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:32 PM PST

    I just updated to Android 10 on my Samsung Galaxy s9 earlier today. On the first boot up, there was a popup on the home screen letting me know that I can long hold my middle swipe style (which i've had on for many months) navigation button to open my assistant. I obviously already knew this, but I tried to see if anything was different, and it did nothing, no matter how long I held or how far I "pulled" the middle button up.

    I went through settings and everything is still the way it was, and I rebooted more than once. I discovered there is apparently a google assistant app that I didn't have before (but obviously google assistant was installed before since I got the phone and I have been using it, bixby is as turned off as it can be). Going to the newly aquired google assistant app is the only way I can open the assistant other than "ok google".

    Searched online and could find nothing resembling this issue. I cannot access my google assistant by holding/swiping the middle button up on my Galaxy s9 since the Android 10 update. How could they take a year to send the update out and miss a glaring error? Any help would be great, since I feel like a complete douchebag saying "ok google" in public.

    submitted by /u/gnilradleahcim
    [link] [comments]

    Moto Z4 charging slowly?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:27 PM PST

    I've tried swapping cables, getting the dust out with compressed air and my charging port is not only super loose still but my phone isn't turbo charging either. Whenever I plug my charger in the "charging slowly" notification pops up. Anyone know any possible causes, fixes, and would charging my phone slowly like this damage my battery at all?

    submitted by /u/Dark2424
    [link] [comments]

    Your fave Reddit app?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:41 PM PST

    What's your fave Reddit app?

    submitted by /u/JulienMaxport
    [link] [comments]

    Phone in "My Devices" is not mine ..

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:03 PM PST

    So i have lots of stuff under my devices in Google play but there is one that is 100% not mine. It is the One Plus phone. I have never used one in my life.

    IMAGE: https://imgur.com/a/ZPwERgJ

    Is there a reason this would be there besides a hack ? I checked in my Google account and this device has never signed in to my account.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

    How can I trigger this GIF button on GBoard?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Title says it all.

    Screenshot

    submitted by /u/tmevangelista
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering data from a phone that won't turn on?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Short story: samsung s9+ died randomly (already tried reseting and all, nothing works) and not everything was backup'd, is there any way to access data through usb without it even being able to go into the recovery boot screen?

    submitted by /u/Zyclunt
    [link] [comments]

    Phone doesn't respond to any Bluetooth Xbox One controller input after initial pairing.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:55 PM PST

    Got a weird slight convoluted problem here - I'll try to sum it up as concisely as possible.

    1. I'm using a Moto G6 and a standard first-party Xbox controller.

    2. Initial pairing of phone and controller work perfectly. Bluetooth connects and apps recognize Xbox button inputs. Everything is perfect.

    3. In subsequent connection instances, the phone and controller immediately recognize and connect to each other via Bluetooth BUT no controller input is detected at all in ANY program I've tried.

    4. If I make the phone forget the controller, I can go through the initial pairing process again and it will work just fine again during that instance. But obviously that's a huge pain in the ass to do every time.

    Anybody got an idea how I might fix this? I've looked around online some but found very little related to it - it's mostly people having trouble getting Bluetooth to connect in the first place.

    submitted by /u/7778645
    [link] [comments]

    USB C adapter suggestions?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:42 PM PST

    Hi, I'm looking for a USB C adapter, with an aux port, hdmi, ethernet, and atleast 2 usb A ports. And a usb C power pass through would be great.

    I'm planning to use it with a Tab S6.

    I bought one that had all that stuff. But it doesn't charge as well as it said it would.

    Does anyone have suggestions?

    submitted by /u/LoCoIR
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi "sign-in" option is unavailable

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    So I have to connect to the bus wifi, and before I clicked on "Sign in" next to "Forget" when you click on the wifi from the wifi panel, but I hold my finger on sign in and I clicked on an option saying sign in automatically, but now I don't see the page of the internet i have to sign in, what's wrong? how do I revert it to the original state?

    submitted by /u/Trappy_Leaks
    [link] [comments]

    Razr and Verizon prepaid

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:40 AM PST

    Anyone know if you can activate the Moto Razr 2020 on Verizon prepaid (with a new number) ?

    I would buy from the Motorola site directly and then switch to T-Mobile after 60 days when the device auto unlocks

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/groundbuttersstotch
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to change screen pinning unlock buttons to volume buttons? android pie

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:26 AM PST

    I'm talking about the thing that doesn't let you change from the app you pinned unless you hold back+recents at the same time.

    I installed FNG and removed the navigation bar so I can get more screen estate, anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/c0mplexx
    [link] [comments]

    My volume is kind of broken

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Sometimes I'll be listening to Spotify with my earbuds and it's all good and great and it warns me about going too loud sometimes and when I get it to about half way it's on the loud side. Then like the next day I could do it and the volume at half is quite soft. I have to turn the volume up all the way.

    I'm on a Google pixel 2 running the latest update thing

    Most of the time the volume warning doesn't come up (with doesn't bother me but I thought I should mention it)

    How can I fix this so the volume stays the same all the time? So medium is good enough and loud is almost too loud? Rather than loud being soft?

    submitted by /u/helpimdumby
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like to move my gallery from my SD card to my phone's internal storage, but there's a catch

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:28 PM PST

    I have a folder in my SD card which contains all of my photos. Inside the folder there are around a dozen subfolders with thousands of photos distributed throughout them. I'd like to move all of them into my internal storage, but while preserving the same structure they currently have. I moved one of the folders (with around 500 photos) into the storage, but the order is now completely different from how it was. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/SB0407
    [link] [comments]

    Note 10+, Android 10, "Swap App" button question

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    So, I press the right most button at the bottom of my phone and this screen comes up.

    https://postimg.cc/gX1KHhj9

    How the Christ do I get rid of the icons at the bottom and the search bar? It's so cluttered I hate it

    submitted by /u/The_69_Eyes
    [link] [comments]

    Amoled devices are not for me

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:21 PM PST

    I recently bought the xiaomi mi a3 and i love to read on my phone (old one was xa1 lcd) i never ever experienced so bad eye strain and mild headache around behind the eyes. I am wondering how many people experience the same with amoled displays. Am i crazy? P. S. I returned the phone today. Its a shame because everything else i loved about the phone.

    submitted by /u/thelovewegive
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone seen the *Network may be monitored notification before?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:18 PM PST

    So I have the above notification which is bugging me. It shows that a Certificate is installed when I clicked the (i) info, but I can't find a place to view certificates let alone delete them. I deleted all wifi networks other than home, turned off mobile data, uninstalled my VPN, rebooted my phone and it still shows up.

    (Mi9SE MIUI 11.0.6 Security Patch 2019-12-01)

    submitted by /u/moist_damp_panties
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true that Night Light saves my screen?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:14 PM PST

    The built-in blue light filter on Android dims the blue diods which are known to have the shortest lifespan. So does having the blue light filter turned on save my screen?

    submitted by /u/Stidza
    [link] [comments]

    FRP: log in with 4G instead of wifi?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:06 PM PST

    My wifi stopped working. Every time I press the button, it toggles on and immediately back off. I tried to do a factory reset but now I have to log in my Google account because of the FRP protection, which I can't do because it requires wifi.

    Is it possible to do this with 4G instead of wifi? Right now I have a brick and I wasn't planning on buying a new phone :(

    Edit: It's a Huawei Honor 8, running Android 8. I took a backup with HiSuite before this

    submitted by /u/glowdemon1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel