• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    Looking to replace my twice busted LG G6 Android Help

    Looking to replace my twice busted LG G6 Android Help


    Looking to replace my twice busted LG G6

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:15 PM PST

    hey so I'm looking for my next phone and could use some guidance. here are a few things I'm looking for in my next phone: (must be available on all major US carriers)

    • Durability. (I'm not a fan of planned obsolescence and plan on keeping this phone as long as I can. this is what I want to do with this phone but things didn't seem to go to plan. I use tempered glass screen protectors, and a few months ago dropped my phone. I thought the screen protector took the blow, but I somehow managed to drop it so that it cracked the screen underneath the protector. I got the screen fixed for $170 and then a month later, I dropped it and it cracked in the same exact place, and here we are now. Even though I can be clumsy sometimes, I take great care in caring for my devices. This was the first time I had ever shattered a phone.)

    • Battery Life (I tend to watch a lot of youtube, so I'd like a battery that can stand up to that.)

    • Screen (A good display would be nice, and resistance to burn-in would be a plus as well. I'd also like a similar screen size. I've never been a fan of huge phones.)

    These are my main requirements but a few things that would be nice to have are a fingerprint sensor, no bloatware (I like things simple and uncomplicated), and a headphone jack if possible.

    Doesn't have to be a current gen phone.

    Thank you for any and all suggestions.

    I'm sorry, I know this probably isn't the right sub, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Please remove if not allowed.

    submitted by /u/steakoutwhoa
    [link] [comments]

    Kindle app automatically sets screen to warm temperature?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:20 PM PST

    Galaxy S10+ Latest updates for OS and app

    For whatever reason, when I open the Kindle app it automatically sets the entire screen to a warm temperature (e.g. everything is tinged slightly orange). This includes the system pull down menu at the top. It's like if you set night mode without turning it on.

    I've dug through the settings in both the app and system and can't find anything that triggers this behavior. The Samsung "vivid" setting is on (makes the screen brighter for certain apps like YouTube) but turning that off changes nothing.

    submitted by /u/silentcrs
    [link] [comments]

    Does increased touched sensitivity use up more battery?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:13 AM PST

    App keeps closing but ran fine on an older phone.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:32 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    So I play Monster Hunter Explore on my Pixel 2 XL.

    If I minimize the game and do anything else besides just go straight back to the game, it'll close.

    This game is from 2015 and I've played it without this issue on my old Pixel 1 XL without this problem.

    There was another game I played recently (Dragalia Lost, a newer one) that kind of had this issue but not literally everytime.

    I turned off battery optimization but it made no difference.
    Is there something I could be missing?

    Thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/DevanteWeary
    [link] [comments]

    Booting an LG Stylo 4 without a power button?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:08 PM PST

    Long story short: broken screen replacement, home job. Accidentally cut the power button's ribbon cable. Wondering if there's a way to power on the device without a power button. Recovery mode? Download mode? Anything helps. I plan on buying a power button ribbon cable, but I would still like phone access for the next few days.

    submitted by /u/Lykanthrocide
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get the images for old Android beta's

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    My pixel 2 XL is dying so quickly with the new Android 10 update. I tried everything to fix it but nothing seems to work. Even rooting the thing with a whole load of modules that are supposed to give your battery a longer life don't work. This issue appeared with Android 10. I was in the Android 10 beta plan and had the first couple of beta's and they all worked great the battery did not drain faster than android 9. But eventually, in the beta my battery could make it double the time it usually was alive. It was great it could make it through 2 days without charging the phone. but then the next couple of beta's they ruined it and I thought it will be fixed before the actual launch of Android 10 but they didn't. And now I am stuck with a phone that can't make it through a normal day.

    So my question is can I still get the images for the early beta's of Android 10 and if so where?

    submitted by /u/pluisenbol
    [link] [comments]

    can it be done?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:30 PM PST

    Hello, i'd like to know how to do a hard reset for my Huawei phone from fastboot&rescue mode.
    my phone is stuck on recovery after updating to android 10, not even huawei support know what is the problem but i think if there is a way to factory reset it from fastboot it will solve it, also will it void the warranty?

    submitted by /u/63GG
    [link] [comments]

    Handsfree controls on xperia L3?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:16 PM PST

    I just got an xperia L3 recently but now I'm wondering how do I control music playback with my handsfree wired headset.
    I used to have a Samsung A7 but the same handsfree commands won't work in the L3.
    I don't plan on using the pricier Bluetooth earphones I have so I will stick with wired for now

    submitted by /u/YD099
    [link] [comments]

    Alcatel 3V Double Saving Pics?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Hey, so last month I bought a brand new Alcatel 3V from Metro PCS, and just last week it started double saving any pictures I'd taken since the 5th of February, having much less quality than the originals. So far I've tried deleting the duplicates, but they just come back the next day or different duplicates show up. Any idea of what's going on or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kaykixx
    [link] [comments]

    Run 'app' but where is app?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:12 PM PST

    Hello, I'm new to android studio (~1 month). I apologize if what I'm saying makes no sense...

    Anyway, I have some questions. I was following this tutorial: [ https://youtu.be/-qsHE3TpJqw ]

    As far as I know I followed and update where was needed. I clicked the Run 'app' green triangle. It loaded. The phone emulator came up, but where is the app? How do I use what I just built in Android studio to test? Is there a compiling error prevention the emulator from displaying my app? Does the app get saved in a specific place on the emulator?

    Like I said. I'm new and I just want to see if my DarkMode switch works.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Lurkes-a-lot
    [link] [comments]

    Daily planner with maps?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:15 PM PST

    I'm looking for a daily planner with google map integration so I can plan my route and keep on track.

    submitted by /u/JulienMaxport
    [link] [comments]

    "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:21 PM PST

    Trying to buy Sonic CD on the play store and that message appears in red where the purchase button would be. The app description reads "Compatible models are becoming N-07D / N-08D". What does this mean? I'm using a Pixel 2.

    Sorry if this is a dumb question btw

    submitted by /u/surpeeme
    [link] [comments]

    How do I restore a google drive back-up on a moto g7

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    I recently had to replace my phone due to damage, and when I was setting up my new g7 (I had had a g7 prior) I entered the wrong account when it asked if I wanted to back up, and there was no back arrow so I just continued along with the process thinking I could just restore a backup once I got finished with the set up. But now I can't find where to restore and all of the online guides seem to be outdated or not relevant.

    submitted by /u/AnComsWantItBack
    [link] [comments]

    Tablet locked out?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:55 PM PST

    My mother's tablet that was bought 3 years ago seems to have locked itself out by forcing the user to input a recovery PIN code or logging in to gmail. Now I have absolutely no clue what PIN code it asks for since I was the one that set up the finger criss cross code but the Gmail option should work.

    Except it doesn't. I don't know which gmail it wants me to login to since i've tried all 3 gmail accounts I have and my mother's gmail, and still nothing. I even tried doing that factory reset button combo thing and I still get sent into this lockout screen asking for pin of gmail account.

    I think my mother might've missed the criss cross finger security prompt and that's what brought this whole issue. I'm not really used to android so I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Folcrow
    [link] [comments]

    LG Flex 1 home screen loading blank with no buttons working

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:24 PM PST

    My best friend's ten year old brother recently died in a car crash, and we're trying to get photos off of his phone for the funeral coming up. We know the passcode, but when we sign in the original homescreen flashes for a moment before loading into a completely blank homescreen. The volume and power buttons work, but all other shortcuts cause a "feature unavailable" error to appear. The notification bar won't slide down, and it isn't showing up on my computer. I can get the camera, videos, calculator, and weather apps to work by booting in safe mode, but that's the farthest I've gotten. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bcoltonknight
    [link] [comments]

    My s10 was stolen yesterday. help?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:24 PM PST

    The phone was locked tho. I have deactivated the number and changed passwords. Some of the data is backed up. There is a pattern password tho. No sd card or anything

    Is it at all possible that those people are able to extract some information?

    what else can I do now?

    submitted by /u/abhiminhas
    [link] [comments]

    ADB help

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:04 PM PST

    I just learned a bit about ADB and I figured out how to change my Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 ( VFD700 ) resolution and density , ( Original 1080x1920 and 480 ) , changed to 720x1280 and 280 dpi

    The problem is that the touch buttons ( Return and show all open apps ) dont work at that res/dpi settings , was looking to get some help sorting this out .

    Im also trying to optimize the phone as much as possible without rooting so any other commands I should know or any tips outside of adb are appreciated

    If anyone wonders its because of poke go and because the phone is slow in general

    submitted by /u/Silentblood97
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Gmail app remove darkmode?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:15 AM PST

    I keep my apps in darkmode at all times, and woke up today to find Gmail was back to bright. All my other Google apps are in dark mode, and there's nowhere in the settings to switch Gmail back to dark. Am I just blind or did something in the settings change? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cccccccccooooo
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat notifications not received

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'm not receiving snapchat notifications unless I've oppend the app The problem isn't related to one particular device or account.. it has been reported on many different devices, accounts, internet connections I've searched for, and found a lot of Q&As about it but no one with clear solution, So I posted here since this the best sub for solutions Anyone can help with the solution or the potential cause for this problem?

    submitted by /u/SyrianRedditer
    [link] [comments]

    5T Bluetooth issues

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:54 PM PST

    So I am really getting sick and tired of this from my 5T. My AirPods won't connect anymore to my phone, I forgot and disconnected the AirPods and I can't connect them anymore. This also happened to my beats. At first, I thought it was my beats and returned them, now it's got to be the phone bc the EXACT same thing is happening again.

    I cleared the cache and force stop bluetooth but it did not do anything wtf.

    So anytime someone disconnects a device from bluetooth I can't reconnect it again, is it a one time thing wtf?

    I really do not know what to do, I'm not sure about contacting OP bc I heard their service is terrible.

    submitted by /u/BreakingGarrick
    [link] [comments]

    A smartphone running Android Go version,run normal apks installed from UNKNOWN SOURCES?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:51 PM PST

    How do I access my files through recovery mode?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:33 PM PST

    Long story short, my pixel one completely crapped out on me. I have unbacked-up photos that I really want to keep. My phone would crash a minute into booting up, so I can't really keep it up long enough to file transfer through USB that way.

    I did, however, manage to enable USB debugging and developer mode. But that was about it. I tried authorizing the device, and it was successful, but then it would crash and restart, and then it would un-authorize it all over again.

    I'm able to get into recovery mode, but mount /system doesn't do anything (just says Mounted /system and that's it). Doing "adb devices" shows no devices connected either.

    Am I screwed and can't access my photos anymore? I know they're there. I just can't figure out a way to access them!

    submitted by /u/pandaninjarawr
    [link] [comments]

    Functional Phone with a Broken Screen

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Basically it's a phone without a display. How can I access or create a virtual display of my phone without having to interact with the phone itself?

    submitted by /u/Jezley
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S6 Edge.. Fix black screen of death? RECOVERY MODE IS GONE!!

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:00 PM PST

    Hello, I have a problem with my S6 Edge. I installed some ROM on it and broke it by Encrypting the device (my phone always fucks up when u encrypt anything on it) so I flashed Samsung ROM with Odin.

    Then, the phone is just always having a blue LED (changes to blue-green in a fading animation) and nothing is on screen.

    The samsung logo shows when you restart it, but you can't get to Recovery, only "DOWNLOAD MODE".

    What should I flash with Odin to fix this? Recovery mode is not available, I can't even flash TWRP

    submitted by /u/FPS-anarchy
    [link] [comments]

    Help: SD suddenly not recognized

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:51 PM PST

    Hi all, first of all sorry for my poor English. So, my G7play just stopped recognising the SD card (SanDisk Ultra 64GB) that I used as shared memory. so many apps don't work anymore, I can't even take a screenshot or download or send any media on WhatsApp or play GIFs/videos on the Reddit app. I tried taking it out and putting back etc but it continues to show "Insert device again"(in brazillian portuguese). What should I do? Thanks in advance and sorry if the post is clumsy or poorly explained.

    version number: PPYS29.105-134-7 serial number: ZF5225T5S2 hardware version: PVTB SKU: XT1952-2

    submitted by /u/norftal22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel