• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Can you really tell a difference between a snapdragon 855 cpu vs 865 cpu? Android Help

    Can you really tell a difference between a snapdragon 855 cpu vs 865 cpu? Android Help


    Can you really tell a difference between a snapdragon 855 cpu vs 865 cpu?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 06:53 AM PST

    Will you be able to tell in gaming or just a number cpu but not noticeable enough?

    submitted by /u/Reid89
    [link] [comments]

    My internal storage is always full - is there a good app or way to better see what takes my space and organize/delete stuff?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 05:44 PM PST

    It doesn't really work well with the settings option. I've got 32gb internal storage (and a 256gb sd card) which is always full despite me transfering nearly all of it to the sd. It slows down everything and is annoying for podcasts and what not.

    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks kindly!

    submitted by /u/khari_webber
    [link] [comments]

    [S10+] Youtube app won't close

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:41 PM PST

    Everytime I try to close the youtube app from the recent apps list, it will swipe away, but it won't close. If the app is currently open, it'll stay open, and the next time I open the recent apps list, it'll be back on it. Force closong doesn't work, and it doesn't even show up on task manager apps.

    submitted by /u/Antiquitito
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot execute secret codes

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:57 PM PST

    Updated my Huawei mate 2 pro to Android 10, and cannot access any secret codes like the 4636 one anymore. When I dial it in, it just refreshes like nothing happened.

    I tried other dialers, and tried making all these dialers the default app. Nothing works.

    Suggestions??

    submitted by /u/Effei
    [link] [comments]

    Android alternative to Airplay 2 to play lossless local music on phone?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 04:57 PM PST

    So I have an old school Apple Airport connected to a receiver and use it solely to stream my local lossless ALAC files on my iPhone to my speakers. I know there's the Chromecast Audio, but I'm looking for a solution that's not discontinued or price gouged on ebay. I'm also looking for a solution that doesn't require me to pay an additional subscription fee, lifetime payment, or any kind of payment outside the hardware itself. Does Android have an alternative to Airplay 2 streaming device to stream local lossless music files to speakers like the Apple AirPort that fit my requirements?

    submitted by /u/ThR1LL
    [link] [comments]

    .rar file forgotten password.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:11 PM PST

    I have a .rar file that I password protected a few years back any way to break into it on Android?

    submitted by /u/3to20
    [link] [comments]

    Cant get to home screen on samsung s7 galaxy.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:44 PM PST

    I picked up an older phone (samsung galaxy s7) after getting it I decided to do a factory restart to clear everything off. After doing this when going back to log in it's telling me this phone is registered to a company (some out of state business) and it wont let me log into the home screen (even though before factory restart I was able to log in and use the phone) my question is there a way to restart the phone or somehow install a new os or something? What basically can I do with this phone to get it to work? Thanks in advance.

    Just a heads up this is NOT the issue or problem with logging into a gmail account. Its asking me for a separate password for knox security system as well as a 3rd party app called MOBILE IRON. This is what's not allowing me to log in and get to the home screen.

    submitted by /u/wd707
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my lg astrito 3+

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:40 PM PST

    My screen is cracked to a point beyond return, it's completely unresponsive although it still turns on and plugs in. Is OTG compatible with my device? Is there anyway i can backup my contacts photos n data n all that? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Leotag2
    [link] [comments]

    How to block all/some incoming callers on SIM1 but keep SIM 2 open for everyone?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:43 PM PST

    The reason is I am getting lots of spam calls from old family, friends and relatives who I dont want to recieve calls from in old SIM1 so want to white list or block all incoming calls in it. I can not deactivate it as I am using it for banking , services and other stuff.

    But SIM 2 is my socialite SIM where anyone I give my number to can call so I do not want to regulate or block in any way.

    I dont know the subreddit to post this, google is vague and I need this urgent.

    Thankyou.

    submitted by /u/neutraljimo
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering files and app data using TWRP

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 05:57 PM PST

    My phone (Nexus 6P on Android 8.1) recently bootlooped and now I'm only able to access TWRP. Unfortunately, my Titanium backups are a couple months old and was wondering if there is any way to recover apps + data using TWRP and restore them on a different device?

    submitted by /u/FrequentInjury
    [link] [comments]

    And that's where I'm going to ask myself my question after asking the one about SD Maid ,What's interesting about root ?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Before I start I'd like to start by saying that I've already tried to find the answer to my question by searching on forums. The problem is that I wasn't satisfied with the answers by simply saying that there are advantages as well as disadvantages, but I was already expecting this, the problem is that the answer I'm looking for is rather: What are the best things to do with root?

    submitted by /u/Zanza_Prime
    [link] [comments]

    Google Chrome App icon changed to a blue loading icon

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 04:51 PM PST

    I'm trying to set up my phone with Nova Launcher when I noticed the app icon for Chrome changed to a blue loading icon.

    My phone is a Huawei P30 Pro. I lost it last week and erased it via Find my Device, but whoever picked it up finally returned it. Now this weird thing is happening where my Chrome icon is just a blue loading icon.

    I've tried the following: - uninstalling and reinstalling chrome and nova launcher - restarting the phone - shutting phone down - using stock Huawei launcher again - clearing data on chrome and nova launcher

    Nothing worked.

    I don't want to reformat because I'm avoiding setting everything up again.

    Edit: here's a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/36e4DB6

    submitted by /u/dabidski
    [link] [comments]

    Done with Samsung curved glass phones. What to get instead?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:36 PM PST

    My wife and I have had Galaxy phones for generations and both have had a poor experience with our current curved glass Galaxy/Note and I do not want another one. We like everything else about them but want our next phones to be the more durable non glass back, flat screen design with still all the cool premium features that the Galaxy line brings.

    So whats a good high end durable replacement for a S8 and Note9?

    submitted by /u/alwhitewater
    [link] [comments]

    Questions to those who currently root their phones

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I first started rooting phones when I got my HTC HD2 I stopped around the first release of the Pixel lineup. Since then I've been using Samsung and I hate to say it, but I'm not enjoying my experience and honestly miss the days when I use to root my phones.

    I don't care about features anymore I just want stability and before anyone says go to an iPhone I use an iPhone as a work phone which was my first time ever using one and when I found out that I can't use my phone while I'm receiving a call- that I just have to accept or deny. I just can't. That's just the one of so many other reasons why I just don't see my self daily driving an iPhone. Anyways.

    1. What phone are you using?
    2. How often do you get updates or have to update your phone?
    3. Do you find yourself moving from ROM to ROM?
    4. What do you like about having a rooted phone in 2020?

    If you could only answer one question it would be the first and I'll do all the research on my own.

    I currently have a Note 10+ unlocked snapdragon

    tl;dr Do you still root your phone? If so what phone are you using and why?

    submitted by /u/wizardfingers
    [link] [comments]

    SD Maid (Root User Only)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Actually, I wanted to know whether or not we could clear the path: ( / ) ? And if yes how please

    submitted by /u/Zanza_Prime
    [link] [comments]

    Edit MTS files?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Is there a quality video editor that can edit MTS files or do I have to transcode them?

    submitted by /u/JulienMaxport
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the point of reporting snapchat photos if they automatically get deleted in seconds?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:54 PM PST

    I noticed that you can report photos people send you. Whats the point if they get deleted immediately?

    submitted by /u/frostmas
    [link] [comments]

    Where has the daydream demo gone?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:50 PM PST

    Wanting to show some friends the daydream demo but it has disappeared?

    submitted by /u/elliottmarter
    [link] [comments]

    Google voice-to-text update is terrible

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:46 PM PST

    Now it is capitalizing every word after a comma, and if I pause even briefly when speaking it thinks that the sentence is over and it puts a period. It is also automatically including punctuation that i do not necessarily want. Is there any way for me to change these settings??

    submitted by /u/say12345what
    [link] [comments]

    Moto G7MAXX Have I been hacked

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:12 PM PST

    A girl was around a few days. After she left I noticed unusual updates and other. I automatically did a hard reset with all Google deleted prior. In the logs it says that it blocked me from clearing a partition when I restarted it immediately wanted to update Google sheets, slides and one more. I reset multiple times with no wifi and no Google and it still goes into hibernation until it can update apps that don't show to be installed. And I never use any of that stuff and this phone was only 2 weeks old.

    submitted by /u/Spdetort
    [link] [comments]

    My mother's phone keeps opening ads

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:08 PM PST

    So, my mother is a tech newbie and apparently she got herself some nasty adware. And I really couldn't find it.

    I deleted some suspicious apps, ran malwarebytes, and tried to look for it in the dumpsys activities... but I still coldn't find it.

    The issue is that dumpsys has confused me even more... take a look:

    Stack #19: type=standard mode=fullscreen isSleeping=false mBounds=Rect(0, 0 - 0, 0) Task id #111 mBounds=Rect(0, 0 - 0, 0) mMinWidth=-1 mMinHeight=-1 mLastNonFullscreenBounds=null * TaskRecord{5699c3f #111 A=com.android.chrome U=0 StackId=19 sz=1} userId=0 effectiveUid=u0a59 mCallingUid=u0a59 mUserSetupComplete=true mCallingPackage=com.android.chrome affinity=com.android.chrome intent={act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=https://gobmedias.com/... flg=0x14002000 cmp=com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity} realActivity=com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity autoRemoveRecents=false isPersistable=true numFullscreen=1 activityType=1 rootWasReset=false mNeverRelinquishIdentity=true mReuseTask=false mLockTaskAuth=LOCK_TASK_AUTH_PINNABLE Activities=[ActivityRecord{1854d53 u0 com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity t111}] askedCompatMode=false inRecents=true isAvailable=true mRootProcess=ProcessRecord{c7ff4fb 12464:com.android.chrome/u0a59} stackId=19 hasBeenVisible=true mResizeMode=RESIZE_MODE_RESIZEABLE mSupportsPictureInPicture=true isResizeable=true lastActiveTime=1755162 (inactive for 11s) * Hist #0: ActivityRecord{1854d53 u0 com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity t111} packageName=com.android.chrome processName=com.android.chrome launchedFromUid=10059 launchedFromPackage=com.android.chrome userId=0 app=ProcessRecord{c7ff4fb 12464:com.android.chrome/u0a59} Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=https://gobmedias.com/733498256974/?id=5307133e-0117-46ac-a40d-84b039565ec3 flg=0x14002000 cmp=com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity (has extras) } frontOfTask=true task=TaskRecord{5699c3f #111 A=com.android.chrome U=0 StackId=19 sz=1} taskAffinity=com.android.chrome realActivity=com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity baseDir=/preas/app/Chrome/Chrome.apk dataDir=/data/user/0/com.android.chrome stateNotNeeded=false componentSpecified=true mActivityType=standard compat={480dpi} labelRes=0x7f13013d icon=0x7f08016a theme=0x7f140209 mLastReportedConfigurations: mGlobalConfig={1.0 416mcc1mnc [en_US] ldltr sw360dp w360dp h709dp 480dpi nrml long port finger -keyb/v/h -nav/h winConfig={ mBounds=Rect(0, 0 - 0, 0) mAppBounds=Rect(0, 90 - 1080, 2218) mWindowingMode=fullscreen mActivityType=undefined} nonFullScreen=0 suim:4 s.9} mOverrideConfig={1.0 416mcc1mnc [en_US] ldltr sw360dp w360dp h709dp 480dpi nrml long port finger -keyb/v/h -nav/h winConfig={ mBounds=Rect(0, 0 - 1080, 2128) mAppBounds=Rect(0, 90 - 1080, 2218) mWindowingMode=fullscreen mActivityType=standard} nonFullScreen=0 suim:4 s.9} CurrentConfiguration={1.0 416mcc1mnc [en_US] ldltr sw360dp w360dp h709dp 480dpi nrml long port finger -keyb/v/h -nav/h winConfig={ mBounds=Rect(0, 0 - 1080, 2128) mAppBounds=Rect(0, 90 - 1080, 2218) mWindowingMode=fullscreen mActivityType=standard} nonFullScreen=0 suim:4 s.9} taskDescription: label="null" icon=null iconResource=0 iconFilename=null primaryColor=ffffffff backgroundColor=fffafafa statusBarColor=ffffffff navigationBarColor=ffffffff launchFailed=false launchCount=1 lastLaunchTime=-11s508ms haveState=false icicle=null state=RESUMED stopped=false delayedResume=false finishing=false keysPaused=false inHistory=true visible=true sleeping=false idle=true mStartingWindowState=STARTING_WINDOW_SHOWN fullscreen=true noDisplay=false immersive=false launchMode=2 frozenBeforeDestroy=false forceNewConfig=false mActivityType=standard waitingVisible=false nowVisible=true lastVisibleTime=-11s75ms resizeMode=RESIZE_MODE_RESIZEABLE mLastReportedMultiWindowMode=false mLastReportedPictureInPictureMode=false supportsPictureInPicture=true supportsEnterPipOnTaskSwitch: false Running activities (most recent first): TaskRecord{5699c3f #111 A=com.android.chrome U=0 StackId=19 sz=1} Run #0: ActivityRecord{1854d53 u0 com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity t111} mResumedActivity: ActivityRecord{1854d53 u0 com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.ChromeTabbedActivity t111} 

    In the section above it appears that chrome itself is calling the adware... Can someone suggest any help? I am trying not to resort to wiping the device, but I don't have any ideas left.

    EDIT: Almost forgot... She has a Huawei Nova 3, running android 9.0 EMUI 9.1

    submitted by /u/Derura
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi not working anymore

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:00 PM PST

    Yesterday I cannot connect to my wifi via my phone. Says "Couldn't get IP address" and nothing has changed to cause this.

    This I have tried;

    Restart phone Cleared googleplay servies cache Airplane mod on/off Forget network/Add network back Restarted router

    How do I fix this problem? It's a Samsung J3.

    submitted by /u/samhf18
    [link] [comments]

    Can't left swipe to unlock - Dynamic lock screen appears instead?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:00 PM PST

    How do I disable this feature? Thanks

    submitted by /u/GoonerGetGot
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a USB-C cable or adapter with an 8mm long port

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Recently bought a Ulefone Armor 7 and realized the USB-C port is longer than normal. (At least 8mm) So regular cables and USB-C headphones won't work properly. I have to use what it came with.

    Do they make USB-C cables or adapters (Or even wired headphones) with 8mm length in the US?

    submitted by /u/DrFatz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel