• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, October 31, 2019

    Xiaomi To all of you who updated to MIUI 11 and have battery issues

    Xiaomi To all of you who updated to MIUI 11 and have battery issues


    To all of you who updated to MIUI 11 and have battery issues

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    Go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage Apps

    Click on Permissions, then Autostart.

    This update put all apps on Autostart ON.

    I had to switch quite a few back off, since I keep only a few on autostart.

    submitted by /u/sonoskietto
    [link] [comments]

    Finally We can set Google wallpaper on lockscreen in MIUI 11(K20 PRO)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    Xiaomi is working on its own front-facing slow-motion “Slofie” feature

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    Xiaomi Mi 9T - An honest review after 2 months of usage

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I've bought my Mi 9T a few days after one of my friends managed to shatter my Mi A1's display, and here are my thoughts on it, as the title says, after two months of usage (I'll be comparing it a lot to my Mi A1, to give y'all a perspective about how does a typical mid range phone compare to a "premium" mid range one)

    First of all, let's talk about the design:

    Design is always a matter of preference, so I'll present my own personal thoughts: I liked the Mi A1 more. Why? The answer is simple enough: the Mi A1's design is elegant, discreet and timeless. I would've loved the glass back of the Mi 9T if it didn't have the carbon fiber texture. I like the red accent on the telephoto camera, and the power button, and that would've been enough to satisfy my "let me see that" factor. What regards the camera arrangement, I find the other phones to be aesthetically more pleasing, vertical cameras at the left side of the phone are more pleasing to my eyes, especially if there is no "rupture" - as if they are in the same cutout, and not separated.

    Let's move on to the display:

    One of the most important parts of a smartphone - we are basically looking at it the whole time we are using it. Comparing it to the Mi A1's IPS display, the winner is a no brainer of course, the Mi 9T just brings the whole thing to another level. AMOLED is great, so are the colours, the viewing angles, the deepness of the blacks, and HDR content. The notchless design is truly gorgeous, and watching movies, Netflix, streams etc. is a bliss. However I would like to point out one thing I liked more about the Mi A1's IPS display: it maintained the same "performance" under any brightness setting (I'm trying to point out that AMOLED behaves a bit slow (?) under low brightness settings. And lastly, direct sunlight legibility - the Mi 9T can be read comfortably, while the A1 cannot.

    Battery life:

    Disclaimer! I've never been a person who's tryharding to get the maximum SoT out of his phone. 4000mAh is nicer than 3000mAh of course, but both phones did last a whole day - the Mi 9T would last more of course - but I always charge my phone when it gets down to approx. 35%. It just drives me nuts if I see a low number at my battery percentage, so I tend to charge it every day, but I'm sure the phone would last at least 1.25 day(s) with heavy use (including gaming, taking pictures, using LTE, music etc.) - all in all, nothing to complain about.

    Speaker and audio quality:

    Unfortunately I don't really use my speaker. I always have headphones on me, and I don't like disturbing anyone with my music, videos, streams or whatever. The few times I used it I couldn't complain about it, but there's nothing exceptional about it. The headphone jack output is better than the Mi A1's, even though it doesn't have it's own amplifier. The Mi 9T has a better DAC through the Snapdragon 730, and the hissing from the Mi A1 isn't present on it. Also the phone is Hi Res Certified - can deliver 24bit/192khz music - but of course, if someone's an audiophile enough to listen to 24bit/192khz music, they will mostly have their own DAC/AMP setup as a source.

    Software

    The one thing I miss the most from the Mi A1. Android One. Well not the stock Android of the Mi A1, but the custom developement tissot has. Lots of ROMS to choose from, kernels etc. Mi 9T doesn't have that, and I feel like I'll be stuck with MIUI forever. MIUI isn't that bad as some people paint it to be. At least after debloating, changing the launcher and the icons. The notification system is truly cancer. But it's aesthetically pleasing. If I had to compare the stock ROM of the Mi A1 with the stock MIUI of the Mi 9T I'd say that MIUI is better. But custom ROMs (Evolution X was the one I been using most of my time with the Mi A1) simply kills MIUI. Summing it up, MIUI is very good in some ways, not too great in others. It could be better, but it's USABLE. I didn't get psychosis from using it, and you won't either.

    SoC and Performance

    Again, a no brainer. 730 is miles better than 625. I can finally play games fluidly, hiccups are rare, the UI is smooth and the phone just feels great. I'm only playing Mighty Quest, so I can only talk about that: sometimes the FPS drops to 50ish during demanding scenes, but otherwise it's fine. I'm not a hardcore gamer, and the SoC wasn't designed for hardcore gaming either. For every day use, it's more than enough. It's only one place below 845, and that says it all.

    What regards the storage, it's UFS 2.1 versus eMMC 5.1, and the UFS gives the eMMC a K.O. It's a lot faster. A LOT. The Mi 9T isn't expandable, but I never used microSD cards, and I don't see myself using them in the future either, so it's not a great minus for me. It's a feature I never used, I know some of you do, but.. If you really need a lot of storage just save up for the 128GB version. If you can afford the 64, you can afford the 128 too with a bit of saving up. And I'm saying this as an Eastern European. I know that saving up isn't as easy as it sounds.

    Camera quality

    Well, as I said, I'll be honest. I'm not blown away. It's decent, but that's it. Night shots are horrible, but thankfully - unlike the Mi 9 SE and most of the older Xiaomi models - camera2api is on Level_3, so Google Camera can be used without any tinkering. If there's a request I'll post sample photos, but most likely you've all seen lots of them already. I like having the versatility of three cameras, but mots of the time I find myself using the main lens only. Telephoto without OIS or a tripod is kinda useless in not so good light conditions. The wide angle lens is decent, but nothing special.

    The front camera is a million times better than the one that I had on the Mi A1, and I'm super pleased with it. Taking selfies is not a pain in the ass anymore. The mechanism didn't deteriorate at all, even though I dropped the phone really hard once while going home drunk.

    I know it is a "budget" phone, but.. the differences between Mi A1 with Google Camera and Mi 9T wihout it aren't that noticeable. Especially for me, who only uses Snapseed to edit, and I'm not zooming in 500% on every photo to check details that I don't care about, and neither will anyone who looks at the picture. So, wrapping this segment up, the cameras are decent, but don't get your hopes too high, they aren't flagship level ones.

    Wrap up and final words

    I've bought the phone for 320 EUR€/350 USD, and I'm mostly pleased with it. The only "let downs" are the cameras. But don't get me wrong, they are not BAD. They just aren't that much better, than what I was used to, that's it. I don't feel the 130 bucks difference between the Mi 9T and the Mi A1 (I bought it for 220 USD). And yes, I'm using the prices I bought them for, and not the Chinese ones, because let's be frank, no one buys them at those low prices.

    Comparing it to the Galaxy A70 and some other phones I could've bought, like the Mi 9 SE or some used OnePlus models etc. I think I made the right decision, and I feel like I'm going to use this phone for at least 1,5 year, or until 5G becomes common, and Xiaomi will release a budget friendly octa AI super pro max camera budget friendly phone that still retains the headphone jack.

    Thanks if you read it, if any of you have any questions feel free to ask, I will try to respond!

    P.S. Two things I forgot about: the buttons are a LOT nicer than the ones the Mi A1 has. They are CLICKY and the power button doesn't double click/triple click/forget to click after NORMAL use.

    submitted by /u/arnyman23
    [link] [comments]

    Redmi Note 7 Global

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    From what I understand, the Redmi Note 7 received updates from Oct 22-31st. I still haven't received the update yet, so does that mean I have wait until the next phase to receive the update? When should I expect to receive it?

    submitted by /u/blvck_jvpitr
    [link] [comments]

    MIUI 11 for the RN7 in the EEA has been pulled

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    I was downloading the update. I was at 99% percent and then I got a network error so I decided to wait. After waiting 10 minutes, I get the "Check for Updates" button again.

    submitted by /u/longlineride
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else kinda hesitant about the 108MP camera sensor coming with the Mi CC9 Pro and other future Xiaomi phones?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    It has been recently unveiled that Xiaomi will be the first exclusive manufacturer to receive samsung's 108MP HMX camera sensor.

    Meanwhile Xiaomi and every tech youtuber and android magazines keeps bragging about how this camera sensor is gonna be superior, that the sensor is huge, 108 megapixels etc etc... Xiaomi even went as far to post a picture on their twitter page claiming that a 12MP camera takes extremely blocky undetailed photo while a 108MP takes super detailed pictures - their marketing team is a ridiculous joke.

    I kinda doubt that it's gonna be as good as people expect.

    This sensor's pixel size is exactly the same as the 48mp IMX586 seen in the Mi 9 - 0.8μm, meaning it has no much potential for better light absorption

    The sensor uses the exact same quad bayer filter technique used in the IMX586 rather than taking advantage of the higher pixel count to increase the bayer filter size. So no room for more light either.

    So at the end of the day, the samsung HMX sensor has higher megapixel count and a bigger lens, that's it. Oh and OIS which should've not been abandoned in the first place.

    Higher megapixel count has been proven a million times to not be the main factor of quality, and in fact more megapixels than what we currently have might bring more problems like more noise, longer post processing and issues with maintaining steady FPS rate with video recording.

    As for the bigger lens, the aperture might increase a bit and that's an improvement but I don't think it will make a game changing difference, especially since the pixel size remains small and the bayer filter is still a quad bayer so the sensor can't fully utilise this advantage.

    Not to mention that there's more to the camera with things like software and processing power. Xiaomi's camera software is known to not be the best compared to Samsung/Apple/Google and we're yet to know if they've improved it with the upcoming CC9 Pro / Mi Note 10. And as far as processing goes.

    I'm unsure if the SD730G can process all this data, the SD730 is already struggling with 4K @ 30FPS video recordings with the IMX586 from what I know, not sure about general photography. And now they have increased the pixel count which will consume more data and processing power.

    Does anyone think we're gonna see some major improvements with this sensor?

    Please note that I'm making these assumptions based on my knowledge and information that I've observed, I might be wrong about certain things I mentioned, If do, please correct me where I'm wrong.

    submitted by /u/Coalscence7
    [link] [comments]

    Finally received MIUI 11 for Redmi note 7 EU rom.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:09 AM PDT

    Xiaomi Announces ‘MIUI For Watch’ For the Upcoming Mi Watch.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    MIUI 11 EU stable version released on Redmi Note 7

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    How to uninstall Facemoji keyboard?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    I recently changed my region to India for hoping to get MIUI 11 for my Redmi Note 7 but nothing happened but it install some bloatware on my phone...I successfully deleted apps but I can't Facemoji Keyboard...Is there any way to uninstall it ?

    submitted by /u/slobodankrcmar
    [link] [comments]

    On MIUI 11 on my RN7 there's like very few to no new features. It's only about design. I have strong Deja Vu.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    When I was in the somophore everyone was receiving iOS7 on their iPhones. I didn't have an iPhone and never had it, but clearly remember what it was like: 1) more abstract icons 2) slow, smoother style animations everywhere That's what I have on my RN7 with MIUI 11 now. Maybe I connect memories wrong, but maybe history repeats itself. Everything happened already?

    submitted by /u/Whatever_acc
    [link] [comments]

    Do y'all think Xiaomi would give us a new tablet. I know everyone is moving away from the tablet/phablet market but one more won't hurt.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    After the Mi 9, what are the best cameras in Xiaomi devices?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a phone with a very good camera and I was considering the S10e but the price is a bit high for me (721 USD).

    The Mi 9 was another option costing 592 USD

    But now I'm thinking in getting a mid end as the Mi 9T (492 USD).

    Are the quality of the cameras a big difference?

    submitted by /u/gabr10
    [link] [comments]

    Any reviews of Mi 9 Pro 5G that got released today (1 nov)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    Can someone give me his honest review about MIUI 11 on the Mi 9 Pro 5G, I really would appreciate that. I am looking for a new high-end budget phone and it's hard to choose between Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 T pro, Oppo Reno Ace or Realme X2 Pro.

    For me, the most important is the usability of the phone (software) and the display then the camera. I don't care much about gaming or speakers

    submitted by /u/UX_Ninjaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Mi Mix 3 5G Miui 11

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Looking at the xiaomi.eu forums the mi mix 3 5g is not listed for miui 11 with Android 10. However, the mix 3 non 5g is listed. Do the 2 fall under the same releases due to the small differences or will the mix 3 5g not be getting miui 11 and Android 10?

    submitted by /u/Aero_Procter
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Life

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    does xiao mi cable charger has the auto cut off mechanism when it turns fully charged. because my old samsung when it turns fully charged the lightning symbol is off whilst my new Xiaomi doesnt

    submitted by /u/khabibkucing
    [link] [comments]

    A newbie trying to flash a ROM

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    I have a Redmi Note 7 (lavender) (Global version) and I plan on flashing the Pixel Experience Android 10 ROM. (my first time doing any of this crap btw) Anything that I should take into account? Ik about having to unlock the bootloader and how to do it (hope it doesn't take up to 5 weeks hehe), flashing a custom recovery (I'll use Orange Fox) and how to use ADB to tie it all together. These are my main doubts: 1. Any good backup tool? I don't want to have to re-install my apps all over again (it was a pain when I switched phones) 2. Any way of re-flashing the stock recovery partition? (just in case) 3. Any errors I should keep an eye on?

    submitted by /u/maxedlp2
    [link] [comments]

    Video Wallpapers for MIUI 10 - How to set up (guide), and collection of nice seamless loop wallpapers (request)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    First of all this guide:

    U can use any video as video wallpaper.

    1. Create .videowallpaper folder inside MIUI folder (need to make sure you have this dot in front)

    2. Copy any video of your choice inside this folder (format needs to be .mp4)

    3. Tap and Hold on any space on your desktop to show the icon rearrange menu

    4. Tap on wallpaper on bottom left

    5. Tap on the little round "smiley face" button on the bottom right

    6. Now that "Wallpapers" option shows up. Tap on it.

    7. Choose "My wallpaper movies"

    8. The mp4 file(s) you have downloaded will show up here. Pick one and enjoy !

    OK now on to my request:

    Any nice seamless loop videos out there that can be used? Ones I have found so far either just jump back to the beginning (not seamless loop), not vertical, not high enough resolution, or have watermark... I have managed to find one nice looking background so far, so I am including this as a start. Please share your favorite video wallpapers here !

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M4F-8-6mqapnZCMTaM_fI48csfqx6p8j/view?usp=drivesdk

    submitted by /u/seemebreakthis
    [link] [comments]

    I miss my Mi Mix 3 :(

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:20 PM PDT

    My mix 3 broke a few months ago and I upgraded to a Note 10+ because I'm on Verizon in the U.S. and wanted 3g. I remember being told MiUI was full of ad and bloatware but Samsung came with so many apps I couldn't remove and I can't root it because it's the SD variant. What's even worse is the constant ads I get on built in apps, the theme store gives you a 20 second video ad every time you download a wallpaper, font, etc. The themes all sucks and most are monetized too. My Bixby page is full of ads, like 6 rows of them. It just sucks lol. This phone was so much more than my Mix but I honestly view them as equals simply because my Mix couldn't send MMS on Verizon very well and I didnt receive 3g on verizon, neither of which Xiaomi are to blame for. On my Note I have shitty gestures, a barely better camera, and barely more freedom than my iPhone. (Arguably less since I could jailbreak my iPhone)

    submitted by /u/-CEO-Of-Antifa-
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Wifi network does not connect automatically

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    I have my home wifi hidden. I have connected it with my mi9t/k20 pro. But it does not connect automatically whenever I turn my phone's wifi on.

    I have to re enter the ssid and password on my phone for it to connect.

    Checked with other wifi networks, the problem seems to be with my phone.

    submitted by /u/atyuttam
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Realme X2 pro worth it over the Xiaomi Mi 9T?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:03 AM PDT

    I'm looking to buy a new phone and these are the best phones in that price range that I could find.

    Both phones seems good but in different areas.

    I'm a type of guy that thinks display is the most important thing, and the full screen display on the mi 9t pro is very nice! I'm just worried that the pop up camera is going to break after a short amount of time. I'm also worried that the water resistans will not be good enough on the mi 9t pro. Plus, everyone is saying that MIUI is terrible.

    The x2 Pro's sides seems thicker and makes the display look smaller and more chunky, I don't know if it's just on camera it looks like that. And I don't know if I like the notch, plus, Color OS is terrible too?? Or is that just what people says??

    I come from a ZTE Axon 7 (and before that I had a Sony Experia M4 Aqua), so any phone is an improvement.

    I come from Sweden so only the Mi 9T pro is available, for now, but I don't have a problem getting the phone shipped from another country.

    I've looked at many reviews but still can't deside so I thought I would have a better understanding if I looked for help from "normal" people.

    Help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SimonFranke
    [link] [comments]

    How do I solve this notification problem? They are not showing on the lockscreen. I'm currently on MIUI 10.3.11.0 PFJMIXM on the Mi 9t. None of the methods online work.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    When is the Xiaomi mi 9t global getting miui 11!!??!!?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    It's already November 1st, and it says on the Xiaomi website that it should of already come out on my phone (Xiaomi mi 9t)

    submitted by /u/Wacko1805
    [link] [comments]

    Redmi note 7 speaker issue

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I have this phone for around a month and I just found problem in it, sometimes the speaker stops working outta nowhere, like I'm watching a video or listening to music and suddenly it goes mute but the file keeps playing. No other apps open at the same time. Did a quick search and found nothing about it, is it a known problem with the product or something?

    Thx

    submitted by /u/User99699
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel