• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    WiFi is way faster than 4G, yet nothing loads when in WiFi, but it loads in 4G, why ? Tech Support

    WiFi is way faster than 4G, yet nothing loads when in WiFi, but it loads in 4G, why ? Tech Support


    WiFi is way faster than 4G, yet nothing loads when in WiFi, but it loads in 4G, why ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    So yeah, my internet ain't slow at all, I got optic fibre, download is about 500Mbps. On my computer everything works as it should, no problems here, but when it comes to my phone, it feels like my WiFi is super slow, and when I switch from WiFi to my 4G (about 30Mbps), everything just loads like instantly ? Say I'm trying to load Twitter on WiFi, it'll just act like it has no internet, and when I switch to 4G it loads instantly, what could be causing this ? (It happens with almost everything, except YouTube and some other google apps)

    submitted by /u/Lisieshy
    [link] [comments]

    Bonding two internet connections together into a single?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I live in a pretty rural area with very limited access to Internet. There is only a single provider, and that provider only provides dsl. That dsl is pretty spotty, and obviously not very fast. I'm thankfully able to get up to 20mb download, but for someone who works at home, that is not a lot.

    I'm hoping there is some solution to bond two Internet connections together? I am considering buying a second contract for the 20mb, and hopefully combining them to achieve near 40 coming out over my WiFi.

    Does such technology exist? If so, is it a hardware or a software solution? I'd prefer hardware (like a router) so all my devices can have access to the higher speeds...

    Anyone have any experience in this?

    submitted by /u/wallawocko
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy S6 not fast charging anymore

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    My Galaxy S6 stopped fast charging yesterday. The software wasn't updated or anything. Whenever I plug it into my fast-charging wall adapter, it says it's cable-charging and takes forever to finish charging.

    I tried all the google-recommended troubleshooting advice: blew into the port to clean out any debris (i don't have a high pressure air duster), wiped the partition cache, tried using a different charger, I even factory reset the phone. Nothing worked.

    I should also mention that the phone doesn't charge if I plug in the phone last. I'd have to unplug the USB from the wall adapter and replug it to get it to charge. And when I tried plugging in the phone to my windows laptop, I got an error saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." The phone also doesn't register that it's connected to a computer but does start charging.

    Is there anything else I should try before taking it to a repair shop? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ChewbaccaBurns
    [link] [comments]

    I'm typing ¬ when I'm trying to type ~

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:13 AM PDT

    Using a QWERTY keyboard, I live in Australia. Please help, it didn't always do this. I'm on Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/DropTot
    [link] [comments]

    Messenger recent searches are showing people I haven't searched for in years.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    When I click on the research bar on Messenger, the app is suggesting me people I "supposedly" searched recently. Among these 6-7 suggestions are my ex, which I haven't talked to in years (and haven't even talked to since I have this phone!) , and two friends I haven't talked to in at least a year. People I talk to frequently, like my brother for instance, are not even on the list.

    It has created problem with my wife, as she thinks I could have contacted my ex recently. I'm trying to find info on this issue, or even explanations, but fail so far. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/zeutlers
    [link] [comments]

    Help please!!!!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    Hi, I need some MAJOR help and fast. Just two days ago something abruptly happened as I was browsing, I got promps of activity, and as if that wasn't suspect enough, things started messing up. There were black box programs opening and closing very abruptly and fast off and on, so I immediately opted to resetting my PC. When I reset my PC, the problems continued to persist. And then I attempted to do so again, but now there's an issue which I blame on me turning my computer off manually after it got stuck on reset twice. I cannot reset my PC with the following options anymore: Remove everything --> All drives --> Remove files and clean drive, nor Remove everything --> All drives --> Only The drive where Windows is installed, I am however able to reset my PC through: Remove everything --> Only the drive where windows is installed --> Just remove my files; and as it appears I can do every option that involves not deleting files and the only acceptions are the above mentioned two where I would wipe my disk of files resulting in the following prompt; There was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made.

    With that being blocked, I have done the following; Full sfc prompt guide - no success, Startup Repair - resulting in the prompt saying it failed to fix any issues, checked with a full dir prompt which resulted in each effective variables being 0's meaning it wasn't a presumptive fix via what I was told, a full successful cp scan via --> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth resulting in it stating there were issues fixed/but this issue not being fixed, a restore and having reset on Keep my Files --> Only the Drive Where Windows Is Installed --> Just remove my files, and --> Remove everything --> Only the drive where windows is installed --> Just remove my files, and possibly other methods in YouTube videos.

    But there are EXTREMELY CONCERNING behaviors with my computer stilll, icons and as it seems pages are flickering where the icons dissapear for a split second off and on, this is happening very often right now, earlier after that reset I saw black boxes as it looks like prompts abruptly opening for a split second and then closing in random placements as it seemed, I have an antivirus and anti-malware, there are two key behaviors with those programs that are making me very anxious, I cannot gain access to my antivirus's firewall nor multiple other services from them, I currently have internet connected and am using it right now, I am also able to make scans, but when attempting to get to the firewall and other services, it prompts that the online content is unavailable and to check the internet connection and try again, with no success of doing so after restarting, etc. This was happening with my anti-malware before I reset as well, when opening my anti-malware it was prompting that it could not access my internet, with more than one prompt, and would open after I closed those prompts and continue allowing me to scan.

    My other services are working properly as it seems, But my major concern here is that this is an attack originating through my network itself, as the symptoms here appear to be that of very select things - there are only certain things blocked and a number of these certain things are via my protection services. Please throw some advice my way i really do not want to lose my computer I can't afford it

    submitted by /u/Brexyguiser2
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help With Computer Voltages

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:26 PM PDT

    PLZ I NEED HELP, I have a custom build PC that I made in Germany, I'm moving to America next week and want to bring my computer with me but I know America uses different voltage then Germany, can i just buy a cheap little adapter from German plug to Ameican plug, or do i need to buy one of those big converters, or can i just replace the power supply of my custom build pc to an American power supply, would it still work if I just replaced the power supply?

    Here is a picture of my Power Supply
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/607669426300518515/607752865972224000/image0.jpg

    submitted by /u/ItzYaBoyPeanutz
    [link] [comments]

    Ram locations?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:01 AM PDT

    I'm sometimes pc illiterate and i can figure what slots my ram goes in my pc

    I have a ryzen 3600, ASROCk gaming k4 Motherboard and g.skill Aegis DDR4 3000 ram

    http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Fatal1ty%20B450%20Gaming%20K4.pdf (Manual)

    I would love some help on how to read where the ram goes or and help in general

    Thanks~Kinetic

    submitted by /u/Kinetickiller10
    [link] [comments]

    How do I escape this pre-installed OneDrive backing up everything on Windows 10?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:58 AM PDT

    One Drive is slowly driving me insane. Ideally, I'd like to have a folder where I select what gets saved instead of OneDrive trying to save everything and warning me everyday I am 99% full of storage. Right now, it randomly backs up what it wants, including my desktop. If I delete those in One Drive, they disappear in real life. Just like Nightmare on Elm Street.

    How do I get it to stop automatically backing up everything? I've followed some YouTube tutorials, but they don't seem to answer what I'm after.

    When I click on my PC's, it lists two. It says neither one is connected.

    submitted by /u/itgetsbetterlater
    [link] [comments]

    Windows XP cannot install on old PC

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:43 AM PDT

    Hi, im trying to install XP on an old machine. This is what error im getting: https://imgur.com/a/gQRiNZN Please help... Its urgent...

    submitted by /u/Reshiy
    [link] [comments]

    Do older motherboards not support the new SSDs at all?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:51 AM PDT

    Win + X problem

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    When I press Win + X and open something like cmd or mobility center it doesnt show up , same as the others too Any help?

    submitted by /u/Themadass
    [link] [comments]

    [WIN10] Headphones are distorted, speakers arent.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    After driving over the cable to free it from under my desk chair, the sound got really distorted. When watching a show for example the dialogue is inaudible and only crunchy BGM can be made out. Youtube videos are really distorted aswell and I need to crank everything to max to even hear it somewhat. I havent shut down my PC in a while but that didn't change anything.

    Both the headphones I used for years (Logitech G430) and the ones I bought a couple weeks ago but never used ((Logitech G430) exibit the same behavior. My Anker SoundCore 2 on the other hand, work just fine.

    I swapped around the ports, both headphones in the backport and front port, both distorted. Speaker only in front port. Even used an USB adapter on the headphones, still distorted.

    What could it be? Which driver is mucking up? Is the MB just fucked?

    submitted by /u/IamMeWasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    My Mac lost 30 GB

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Text wall incoming:

    My Mac has had a lot of storage problems ever since I got it. At first, I was losing around 10 gigs a day, until eventually I had 320 MB left. I installed a program that analyzes your hard disk to see what is taking up storage, and it was core dumps from a game that crashed because (for some reason) the GFX, save games and other files weren't downloaded onto my computer and every time it crashed it would create more core dumps. I eventually went into Terminal and disabled and deleted all existing core dumps. I got a lot of storage back, and I thought everything was fine.

    Fast forward to today, I'm downloading EVE Online from Steam. At this point my computer has about 65 GB free out of 121 GB total. I download the game, and then for some reason EVE starts running Wine and downloading remaining files, and Wine freezes, so I quit Wine (which is running because of the game) and force quit EVE. EVE Online doesn't show up on my dock, but the process is still running, because when I tried to uninstall it, it said "Cannot uninstall (App running)". So I restarted my computer, deleted EVE Online, and checked my storage to see if there was any clutter/files left over from the force quit. I saw my storage was about the same (only a 30-60 MB difference), but then, right in front of my eyes, it went from 65 GB to 30 GB. I checked the hard disk analyzer/scanner, and everything looked the same, except instead of my hard disk having like 50 something used up, it had 90 GB used up, and nothing looked different (or maybe I just didn't notice).

    This has happened before and has resolved itself in a day, but I just want to know if there's a solution to this and if there's a way to prevent this, and what exactly is causing me to lose storage.

    Specs:

    macOS Mojave

    Version 10.14.4

    MacBook Air (13 inch, 2017)

    If any other information or specs are needed, I'd be glad to put them on the post.

    Any help is appreciated.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My theory on why this is happening:

    1. The game that was creating core dumps (for some reason) regularly uninstalls my save games, GFX and mods that I've installed and instead saves them to my iCloud. This could be happening because my Mac might be marking my "Documents" folder (where all of my games are) as part of my iCloud drive, which causes it to uninstall because it thinks it doesn't need to be directly installed onto my computer.
    submitted by /u/30gigabytes
    [link] [comments]

    Reset PC to clear out junk files that built up over years, now its running sluggish.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    In games, it will lag alot more than it did before. My PC should be running very well but now im getting frame dips every few seconds in every game i play.

    And in general stuff seems to be loading slower, and not as generally smooth.

    This has all happened right after i did a reset after being away.

    submitted by /u/185742917471cyka
    [link] [comments]

    How do I clone Windows from my old HDD to my new SSD when the sector sizes are different?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    I tried to clone my system with MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 11.5 but no matter what I do I always get the same error: "Since a different sector size on the source disk and the destination disk, MiniTool Partition Wizard cannot continue.". What can I do now?

    submitted by /u/IrrationalNoface
    [link] [comments]

    New CPU Fail?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    I recently got a Ryzen 5 3600X with a B450I Gaming Plus AC Motherboard. When I completed the upgrades the CPU light glows which would mean an error or failure to the CPU, but this is a brand new one. I've already tried taking off and applying my own thermal paste, tried using a dust blower on it, and unplugged and replugged pretty much everything. Yet, it still has the same error. Is there any way I can fix this?

    Specs other than new MoBo and CPU:

    Viper DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) RAM Gtx 1050 Thermaltake 430W power supply 1TB HDD & 120GB SSD

    submitted by /u/I_AM_CR0W
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:24 AM PDT

    I was trying to fix drivers cause evverytime i was running a game, it was giving Bsod. i run the memory diagnostic tool. after the tool closed,its loads something, and says "scanning and repairing the drive (C:)". it stuck in 10% and not loading anymore. please help

    submitted by /u/azattr
    [link] [comments]

    Half of my USB ports aren't working (plez halp)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:20 AM PDT

    Context: i was messing around with the new index controllers, and needed to connect them to my PC so i could actually use them. i have two USB ports on the front side of my PC that are both being used (by my razor headset and the htc vive power supply) so i unplug the power supply for the vive (the usb) and plug in my charger for the controllers. and then realise that i need the headset to have power for steam vr to work so i unplug the charger and reconnect the vive. i then replace the razor usb with the charger. connect both controllers. unplug the charger. re-plug in the razor (i see a little blue spark (nothing major, i wouldnt have seen anything if i wasnt staring at it and i see them all the time with my plugs on the wall)) and my USB ports stopped working. but just the ones that were being used. my keyboard and mouse powered off, the razor headset was no longer in my audio settings and the vive headset wasnt being powered

    Problem: now all my USB's that were being used now arent working. luckily i have alot so i can shove all the things that need a USB in the back ports and everything still works fine but id like to get the others working again if possible. Any Ideas Anyone?

    submitted by /u/Fighter_Pi1ot
    [link] [comments]

    Program not opening, but is running in "Processes" tab in task manager

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    This was the problem for long time, but now I can't ignore it anymore. It took me a while to connect the problem with a game starting after preparation is done in client. Why does this happen? Why do programs start, but not open for me to use?

    submitted by /u/Wuran
    [link] [comments]

    Docker noobie question

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:08 AM PDT

    Hi, I am trying to learn Docker.

    Host is Windows 10, I downloaded docker and pulled Debian Burst Edition, after that I created and started container from the image using docker exec -it containerName bash

    I tried setting up ssh server using apt-get install openssh-server

    I updated my database with apt-get install, after that when I want to check if the ssh server is up with systemctl status ssh I get massive error:

    System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.

    Failed to connect to bus: Host is down

    I tried installing systemd using apt-get install systemd and trying again to run systemctl status ssh but I get the same error...

    What I am trying to do is to run Debian container inside docker with ssh server so I can access the Linux container from outside.

    submitted by /u/scotrod
    [link] [comments]

    Cant connect to certain websites on wifi? But i can connect on Ethernet.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:07 AM PDT

    when ever i go on WiFi on my laptop, i cant connect to most website(amazon ,Reddit,Walmart etc) But when i connect a Ethernet cable it lets me connect to every website. i tried on a different laptop and it let me connect to all websites on WiFi. please help

    also when the site doesn't load , the page says "this site cant be reached ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE"

    submitted by /u/JHNDRXX
    [link] [comments]

    PC Turns on but Monitor is stuck on the VGA No Signal Period

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    So I have everything plugged in the source is VGA but my monitor still says there's no signal

    submitted by /u/AsterixBG
    [link] [comments]

    Display Settings on Windows 10

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    Hi, I got a new monitor today. When editing display settings i get an issue where its almost like a key is held down. After i position the 2nd monitor, I it moves on its own like in this video https://gyazo.com/7424404e89cfef36a121063ac693ccff .

    Thanks in advance

    Matt

    submitted by /u/real_matt01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel