• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, August 10, 2019

    OnePlus Screen and Software has spoiled me

    OnePlus Screen and Software has spoiled me


    Screen and Software has spoiled me

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    Ok so went to check out the Note 10 Plus at my local Best Buy and the thing felt super sluggish and stuttery compared to my OnePlus 7 Pro. I was thinking about sending my phone back but that is officially off the table. My hats off to you OnePlus engineers.

    submitted by /u/da13thninja
    [link] [comments]

    For people wondering if you can really tell between 90hz and 60hz, I did a test and you definitely can!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    I convinced my father to get the same phone as me for his upgrade (OP7P). I let him use it for about a month, he loves the phone, says it's the fastest he's ever used. So i decided to use him as a test dummy. We went bowling and I asked if he could unlock his phone so I could check something. I went in and changed his refresh from 90hz to 60hz to see if he could tell without me telling him i did anything. I put it back and went back to bowling. Later that day he called me and asked if i could help him because his phone was lagging. He said everything seemed really choppy and laggy when he scrolled. He said he restarted his phone and didn't want to reset it. He said he didn't do anything to his phone, it just started. I told him how to change it back to 90hz and he said it fixed the problem. My dad is in his late 50's and doesn't know anything about phones, so that can give you an idea of if you can tell the difference. Once you switch, you can't go back haha.

    submitted by /u/Pinanims
    [link] [comments]

    Google Warning: Tens Of Millions Of Android Phones Come Preloaded With Dangerous Malware

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    I thought I would make a quick fyi, Netflix for Android officially does not support Full HD resolution, only regular (720p), I spoke to Netflix Support for about 3 hours because I and he thought it was a bug, but as it turns out it's actually not.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 11:01 PM PDT

    I'm about to order a OnePlus 7 Pro, but have no way of trying it beforehand. Can you guys answer a few of my questions about some lesser-known features?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    These are the kind of information that only owners know, so I can't find it anywhere on the internet. If any 7pro owners can chime in, I'd be really grateful!

    _Does it allow automatic call recording like Samsung does? I work as a translator so I record calls a lot.

    _I've heard about the echo issue during calls, is it that serious and has it been resolved?

    _Can I charge another phone with an OTG adapter, or does it only work with USB-C to USB-C cables (I might need to charge a secondary phone for example)

    _Is the charger globally the same with the 3 prong plug? My country uses 2 prongs outlet, can I snap off the plastic 3rd prong? The charger is already huge, I don't want to add another outlet adapter on it.

    _I've heard mixed reviews about the screen's brightness. "If it's on manual, the max brightness is only 500 nits. But if you put it on auto in sunlight, the screen reaches 800nits". Is it true?

    _Is there no way to wake the phone with the fingerprint sensor? Do I have to tap the phone to wake and then put my finger on the sensor?

    _Does it show full notifications on the lock screen. Samsung only shows the logo of the app, not the notification's content (despite me turning on "Show full notification on lock screen").

    _Do you use a dongle or a bluetooth earphones, and can you give me some recommendations on both?

    _Does the dongle/bluetooth affect gaming quality like audio delay / feedback / loss of stereo sound, ect?

    _Does Instagram and other apps play well with the odd screen ratio? My S8 Instagram Stories used to be cropped in to fill the screen.

    _Are there any hidden quirks or problems that you found out during your usage that nobody else is talking about on the internet?

    Unrelated question: realistically, would you choose a $1200 Samsung S10 5G or a $700 OnePlus 7 Pro. I have a close friend offering to sell me a brand new S10 5G for $700 because he won it in a lottery. I don't know, the 7 Pro still looks cooler.

    Sorry for the giant wall of questions. I'm very eager to actually get the phone, I just want to be well prepared if it has any setback that affects my daily usage, such as preparing a secondary phone to record calls. Thanks a lot, I'm new to OnePlus and I love the active community world-wide.

    submitted by /u/haxorious
    [link] [comments]

    Do any 7pro users use the galaxy buds?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    My 7pro is on the way and I was going to shop for some wireless ear buds and the galaxy buds seemed like a good option. So does anybody use them with their 7pro and do they work okay? If not are there any earbuds that you prefer?

    submitted by /u/JayK-iwnl
    [link] [comments]

    OP7 Pro Can't call anyone

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Whenever I go to make a call it hangs up instantly. Happens when I'm on wifi calling. MetroPCS

    submitted by /u/its_Extreme
    [link] [comments]

    Ok, so I got a couple of questions regarding HDR on OP 7 Pro

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    So first of all, how do I know for sure that YouTube for example is really outputting HDR content? People say that the brightness changes by itself so if I set my brightness to the lowest possible, while playing HDR the brightness shouldn't change, right?

    Another one is that which players support HDR? I know that Prime Video, Netflix (up to 720p apparently..) and YouTube do, but if I download raw HDR demos, what players can play and process the HDR metadata well? I've tried VLC but I don't know if it's just me but it doesn't seem to work, if I play HDR content with it, the brightness doesn't dynamically change like it's supposed to. I don't know if this is a bug or something.

    submitted by /u/FinnishScrub
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of a game tuner app for OnePlus 7 pro and not just Samsung phones?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.gametuner.thin

    For reference that's the app I'm talking about, would be amazing to see an app like that for OnePlus 7 pro, especially since the screen resolution and refresh rate are almost never utilized for phone games.

    submitted by /u/adeel001
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any features on the 7 Pro with the curved edges?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    I know there's the hidden apps drawer tab if you swipe right, but is there anything else? I know Samsung has had a few features with their edge phones, but I haven't found anything else.

    submitted by /u/TheSideJoe
    [link] [comments]

    Ordered a 6T tonight.. I am stoked.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 11:30 PM PDT

    This will be my first phone that I have ever spent money on. All my phones I have used are the basic starter phones. Planning to use on Metro PCS. It looked promising and by the reviews and ratings.. Well worth it. Anything I should know before it arrives?

    submitted by /u/Fluoxetine
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Health Questions

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently bought a new OP7 Pro and it has been great so far! Just a question. Sometimes, I tend to play on my phone at night and then fall asleep, and then wakeup to a battery-drained phone. How bad is this to the phone's battery life? And if it so happens, is there anything I can do to save it? Like, I've heard that sometimes I should let a battery drain and then charge it to full every now and then.

    Also, is constantly using the warp charge on it bad, and should I get a regular charger? Or is this fine?

    submitted by /u/Space_Created
    [link] [comments]

    Community app not working lately?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. The OnePlus community app hasn't been loading any content for the last couple of days. I've tried rebooting, clearing storage for the app, etc. to no avail.

    submitted by /u/scoularis
    [link] [comments]

    Just ordered an upgrade from OP5 to OP7P! So excited!!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 05:41 AM PDT

    Super stoked!

    submitted by /u/Nintee
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I can buy the official OP7P nylon case in Aus?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    60fps YouTube Vids Choppy on 90Hz

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 04:06 PM PDT

    Hey yall

    Not sure if this only applies to my phone but whenever I'm watching 60fps vids on YouTube with my refresh rate on 90hz it's kinda choppy. It's like it switches between 60 and 90hz over and over again. Switching my refresh rate to 60 helps immensely and stays at 60fps the entire time.

    Is it just me? :(

    submitted by /u/Octopy105
    [link] [comments]

    Use other lenses in Gcam mod

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Might sound like an idiot, but I've never done anything like this before. Got Arnova's Gcam mod, and like it so far but I can't figure out how to use the other two rear lenses. I looked around to find a fix, but I'm really dumb when it comes to this kind of thing. Any sort of ELI5 responses would be amazing.

    submitted by /u/yorkfofo
    [link] [comments]

    OP 7 Pro has a better display than Note 10+

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:46 AM PDT

    So I've taken a look at the new Note 10+ at a store today for like 15 minutes. My OP 7 Pro's Samsung supplied 90 Hz panel definitely is better. Both in color reproduction and the refresh rate. Curious thing. Don't know why but Note's colors seemed washed out. ( mine is on advanced - amoled - slightly cold setting ) I also love the full screen design more. That punch hole was distracting.

    The software experience was better on OP as well.

    I love big screen phones but I definitely won't be switching.

    submitted by /u/RehabilitativeAttack
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading my 3T to a 7... Gimme your tips

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    Had a 3T since around April 2017, ordering a OP7 tomorrow (The pro is outside my budget unfortunately, but reckon the 7 will be a noticeable upgrade anyway).

    Wanted some opinions on a few things for when I do 1. What's the best case to get? I've found this one on Amazon which seems to have good reviews but just wanted to see if anyone had any more obscure shouts? I like a thin case that's easy to remove as I like to take it off when I'm just using it around the house.

    iBetter for Oneplus 7 Case, Premium Soft Rubber Cover Shock Proof with Anti-Slip Ultra-Thin for Oneplus 7 Smartphone. Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QQ1D7B6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_y9ZtDbJZZ116F

    1. Does it make any difference what USB-C to Audio Jack dongle I buy? Or is there one with the phone at all? I assume they're all exactly the same so it wouldn't matter (same way a £50 HDMI cable does the same job as a £10 one), but just checking.

    2. Anyone got any specific features that I should definitely check out that might not be so obvious? It's hard to find a really good in depth review of the 7 as most are aimed at the 7Pro, and it's really just a refresh of the 6T so any hints, tips, tricks or funny quirks I should know about??

    Thanks so much in advance, feel free to delete/report/direct me to any other similar posts in case I'm an idiot and haven't seen any that cover this all already.

    submitted by /u/Smyldawg19
    [link] [comments]

    [OP6t] 'Ballz' game screen size problem.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    While playing the game 'Ballz' a small portion of the screen is lost on the sides making it unplayable. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/IteluThings
    [link] [comments]

    Remove Gear Notification

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    There's a little hear icon in my notification bar and it will not go away. It says connected to Wi-Fi to continue and then when I click on it it says "preparing for setup" "You can finish setting up your GM1917 soon". It won't let me do anything.

    How do I remove it?

    submitted by /u/ImmolationIdiot
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my 6t and not the display is black and unresponsive.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    So as the title states I recently dropped my phone and the display broke. There is no visible damage on the outside since I had a case & screen protector but I can see some small cracks under the glass of the screen. The display is completely black outside of the occasional white flicker and from what I can tell is completely unresponsive to any touch input. Other than that the phone seems to completely work since I can hear phone calls and feel vibrations.

    Is there anyway I can get a replacement screen or at least retrieve my data from the phone? When I plug it into my PC I can't see my files. I'm sure I had USB debugging on but I also can't seem to use ADB.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/NalMac
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 Pro screen is very greenish on dark grey colors

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    So I really this my OP7 Pro, but the screen is just either bad calibrated or something else is wrong.

    If I take a screenshot and look at it on my laptop or external monitors, then the colors are dark grey like they should be, but on the phone it self it's just too green.

    Total black, white etc. looks fine.

    I have tried all the color profiles and the problem is on all of them. I know you are thinking, whats the big deal with just one color that's wrong, but the problem is this is the color that all Google apps in dark mode is using + notification panel + gboard etc.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    I checked my friends OP7 Pro and his is the the same, so I don't think my phone is faulty.

    Ideas?

    submitted by /u/vooze
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question: 1+ 7 or 1+ 7pro

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    Just as the title says should I splurge or save myself some cash?

    submitted by /u/Jamie2474
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel