• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, August 1, 2019

    Android Help What should I buy Thursday (Aug 01 2019) - Your weekly device inquiry thread!

    Android Help What should I buy Thursday (Aug 01 2019) - Your weekly device inquiry thread!


    What should I buy Thursday (Aug 01 2019) - Your weekly device inquiry thread!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:19 AM PDT

    Credits to the team at /r/PickAnAndroidForMe for compiling this information:


    Note 1. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung’s headphone dongle leaks ahead of Note 10 announcement.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    I still miss my headphone jack, and I want it back

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:09 AM PDT

    Facebook Plans on Backdooring WhatsApp

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    As Samsung is removing the headphone jack from its devices, on line at the time, it might be time for them to fix a Bluetooth bug that has been plaguing its Galaxy series for years...

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    The use case is easy : have a smartwatch/band always connected to your Galaxy phone through Bluetooth and no matter how good your Bluetooth headphones are, they will most likely sound like crap.

    I've had it on my S8, S8+, Note 8 and Note 9 with my Moto 360 Sport, MiBand and now Huawei Watch 2 but I've read people reporting it as far as the Galaxy S6. Had it on my Plantronics Beats Pro 2, Sennheiser HD4.50 and now Sony WH-1000M3.

    No matter what I do (including messing around with the Bluetooth settings from the Developer Options...that get reset all the time anyway), Bluetooth quality will drop from time to time to 2003 96kbps mp3.

    Quality is fine when no Bluetooth devices is connected or when using another Android phone in the same use case.

    You can read about it here for instance.

    But there are many other posts online.

    It might be Android Wear related as well but...

    1. I definitely had it with only a MiBand connected and I've read reports of similar issues with Tizen products (Gear S3)
    2. With these phones now costing 1000€ and such a push from the industry to go "all Bluetooth", I'd expect this issue to be fixed by now. Especially since other manufacturers are not affected (definitely had no issue on my OP6T recently).

    Beware of this issue before purchasing a Note 10.

    submitted by /u/DannyBiker
    [link] [comments]

    Google Play Store Update Today

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    My GP Store changed its looks today, like it, much cleaner and not so cartoony.

    Am I late to the game on this or??? https://i.imgur.com/jG0ymnr.png

    submitted by /u/eddi0
    [link] [comments]

    With a tap on your phone, get help in an emergency

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Asus' Smartphone Comeback Is Good News For American Phone Fans

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    X-post: Google Play Support is making it mandatory to fix permission compliance with years old , UNPUBLISHED apps : androiddev

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    Tab S6 features UFS 3.0

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    Report: YouTube remains top-grossing video app w/ $138 million spending in Q2 2019

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    X-post: Google's practice of "associated account ban" - AKA "guilt by association" - r/androiddev

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    Google readies Play Games revamp w/ new 'Home' feed, bottom bar - 9to5Google

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    100 million people free up phone space with the Files app

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    My impressions of the Moto G7 Plus

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:16 PM PDT

    I have used it for 24 hours. I wanted to see how Moto's best budget phone performed. So far, I have to say that the phone is really good and has very few flaws.

    As expected from Motorola, you get a stock Android experience, with a few Moto gestures and other such gestures added on top. Another thing I liked is that in the multitasking screen, they removed the big, ugly Google search bar, which I found incredibly obnoxious on my LG G7 One.

    Every task that the phone performs is fast and smooth. You notice with the SnapDragon 636 that there is a tiny bit of a longer delay in some cases that you wouldn't get with a top of the line CPU. But, that's nothing out of the realm of acceptability.

    The fingerprint reader at the back is exceptionally fast and accurate, probably the best one I've used so far.

    The sound is loud and clear for a smartphone. The screen is a quality mid-range LCD that is pleasant to look at, much more than the bad ones that Xiaomi puts in their Note line. It has a faster pixel response time than most other LCD phones.

    TurboPower allows to recharge this phone really, really fast. I can't go back anymore. Quick charge 3.0 is pathetic in comparison. The good news is that this phone supports Quick Charge 3.0, which is useful if you still have a power bank that supports it. I know that my Moto G4 Plus didn't work with Quick Charge at all.

    Another thing which I like is that it is Dual SIM, and the Micro SD card space is separate. Meaning, when you put a Micro SD card in, you do not lose space for one of the two SIM cards. Why every phone isn't like this is beyond me.

    Lastly for the camera, Motorola promotes this as an affordable phone with a good camera. For the most part, they are right. I noticed that DXOMark just released an analysis of the camera with a note of 80. That is about right, although it might be a little harsh.

    I have taken a lot of pictures and other than in very low light, I don't have an issue with any of them, they look great.

    About low light, it's not disastrous, it's ok, but there is definitely quite a bit of noticeable noise. Fortunately it's ready to install a Gcam APK which drastically improves this.

    Video is my biggest disappointment. It looks ok, but the autofocus is not very good, especially indoor when you are trying to focus on a subject. I try to take videos of my daughter in 4K and it has trouble following the subjects, the level of brightness also shifts unusually. I haven't seen something as bad since my OnePlus 2.

    Overall it's a great purchase, I have nothing but good things to say, other than I wish the video focus was better. I will certainly keep this phone for a very long while, it's just a pleasant, adorable, pure Android phone that quickly grows on you.

    submitted by /u/Busanjin
    [link] [comments]

    OxygenOS 9.5.11 for OnePlus 7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:54 AM PDT

    Facebook continues to push 32-bit apps onto 64-bit devices

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:28 AM PDT

    After today's deadline Facebook continues to push 32-bit apps onto 64-bit devices with Oreo and older versions of Android. Only Pie users can get 64-bit APKs. Why, Facebook, why?

    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/facebook-232-0-0-35-115-release/

    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger/messenger-226-0-0-9-117-release/

    submitted by /u/vadim_muhtarov
    [link] [comments]

    Google parent Alphabet overtakes Apple to become new king of cash

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Poco F2 leak reveals front design of phone and hints at much polished look than Poco F1

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:30 AM PDT

    What selling point would it take for smartphone sales to increase again?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    Do you think that smartphone sales will ever rise? Apart from 5G what other technology can compel people to buy a new smartphone?

    submitted by /u/Javelin_20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel