• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Laptops The Plot Thickens...

    Laptops The Plot Thickens...


    The Plot Thickens...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    It's a very questionable concept, but I was thinking what if the gaming laptops with crappy trackpad placement could have the holographic ones shooting out from the side

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:17 AM PDT

    Third party laptop battery deception?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    I have purchased two Lithium-ion batteries for my old HP Dv6 laptop, one from eBay and one from Amazon. BatteryMon is showing both of these batteries as Nickel Metal Hydride. The latest battery was from a reputable amazon seller and is the most expensive battery on amazon of this type. It is claimed Li-ion and 5200mAh capacity, however batterymon shows NiMH and about 4300mAh. Is there nowhere to get a good quality Li-ion battery for a good price on these websites? Or is BatteryMon bugged and reading incorrectly or something?

    submitted by /u/originalsupahman
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find 13" hp envy x360 ryzen 3500U version anywhere for sale.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    I know they have it on HPs site, and Amazon has the 15" but I'm wanting to get the 13" version. Typically they're more expensive from the manufacturers site than say Amazon, b&h photo or most other places. I can't seem to find any for sale though. Seems odd seeing that they came out in January of this year I'm pretty sure.

    Does anyone know where I could find one?

    submitted by /u/stinkysaiyan
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro problem

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 2011 which won't open. When I start it, i get a flashing folder with a question mark inside. Besides the hard drive cable anything else it could be?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/29031995
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptop for Programming in College?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    HP ENVY X360 15

    With MX150 4gb, 15in screen

    HP ENVY 13T

    With MX150 2gb, 13in screen

    ACER SWIFT 3

    MX 150 2gb, 14 in screen

    I need this for Computer Science, which one is the best for day to day college use?

    submitted by /u/AStrangeBrew
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking to buy a laptop for around $600-750 for school and a little bit of gaming (fallout 1,2, civilization stuff like that)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:37 PM PDT

    I do not have room for a PC, I live off the grid so it won't work well. Any recommendations

    submitted by /u/Kombucha_Slim
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Surface laptop overheated?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I'm super new to this subreddit so I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if there's a better place for me to ask this question. But anyways... my boyfriend brought his laptop outside in the sun (we live in Texas so it's been pretty hot, like 90°) to do some work outside, and he only had it out there for maybe 30 minutes when it turned off (it was also low on battery at the time.) He brought it inside, it died, and he has since been unable to turn it back on despite trying different keyboard commands, leaving it on the charger (which does light up to show it's charging— if that matters) as well as trying anything else we could glean from internet searches.

    My question is: what can we do to fix it? I suggested leaving it alone for awhile and then trying again, but is there anything else we should be doing? Or should we just take it into a shop because it's most likely messed up in some way due to heat exposure?

    Please let me know if you need any clarification on details or any other information! And thank you so much in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/mbddn
    [link] [comments]

    Help Me Find a replacement power button for my HP 15-g067cl TouchSmart Notebook

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    Laptop Size

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:34 PM PDT

    What do you guys feel about laptop size? I'm a student and have really enjoyed my 14" Asus after moving up from a 12" Acer. My oldest laptop was a 15.6" HP, and I always thought it was bulky, but know I'm thinking that was mainly the 2012 width.

    How do you guys feel about 15.6" for moving around a lot? I like the Acer Aspire series but the one I want is 15.6" and I'm worried about getting something too big. Also based on reviews from the 30 or so laptops I've looked at, 14" laptops have more hardware problems. Do you you think there is correlation or causation there?

    Thanks for your time,

    submitted by /u/liamkh
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 13'' vs 1650Ti Lenovo Gaming Laptop

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm moving out to study soon and gonna need a decent laptop as I won't be able to take my speced-out desktop with me.

    I've got a budget of around 1450 Euros and I'm torn apart between the safe choice (1650Ti Lenovo gaming laptop) and the luxurious one (Macbook pro 13'' 2017).

    On the one hand, I quit gaming for now and haven't really played anything in 3 months or so, nor am I anticipating any upcoming releases (and even if I did I'd probably be too busy to game anyway). Additionally, capable gaming laptops are fairly chunky meaning I'll have to take my older and pretty sluggish 12,5'' laptop with me to classes. Moreover, based on my experience, Windows laptops' performance tends to noticeably degrade overtime compared to the overall performance of Macbooks as MacOS offers a far more seamless experience, especially overtime.

    On the other hand, the current generation of Macbooks is a bit of a hit and miss when it comes to reliability as the tend to malfunction, especially their keyboards. In addition, a gaming PC does feel like the safer choice. Despite quitting gaming for now, I may find myself fancying some upcoming games once new titles are announced, plus I feel like it's generally safer to have a more capable machine for roughly the same price in case I do find myself wanting to perform heavier or more Windows orientated tasks.

    I feel like the current generation of Macbooks is a tad like a luxury car brand - when they work properly they're the best in the business yet when they flop (which isn't that uncommon on an occurrence), the procedure cost of repair are painful.

    I'd love to hear you suggestions.

    submitted by /u/LadJustesen
    [link] [comments]

    Omen 15 (2018) Gtx 1060 need suggestion

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    I have decided to buy HP Omen 15 with i7 8th Gen, 16 gb RAM, 1 tb and 128 ssd, FHD display and 1060 gb graphic card but its in refurb quality with 3 month warranty.

    A good choice?

    submitted by /u/ozman619
    [link] [comments]

    4K or FHD For Landscape architecture

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    I am going to school for landscape architecture and I am thinking about getting the new XPS 15 for my laptop. I am having trouble deciding between the FHD non-touch display or the 4K non-touch (I don't want a two in one.) The software I'll be using is autocad, rhino, and lumion. Would 4K be beneficial for this software or would it be a waste? I'm also probably going to be doing some casual gaming so I was wondering if it would be worth it for that too.

    submitted by /u/gaper4
    [link] [comments]

    Razer Blade 15 - For school

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    How big of a difference would an ultra portable 13"-14" laptop be to this? I was thinking of getting one for productivity at first, but honestly anything with the specs I'd like (min 16GB ram) is already around $2000 CAD. Hence why I've made this thread.

    I'm looking at the Razer Blade 15 (2018). It's on sale from $2.849.99 to $2,069.99. I've seen posts about the quality control of razer products, as well as horrible customer service with any RMA's or other issues. While I don't plan to game much once school starts, if I'm paying a premium price I'd at least like the hardware to back it up, rather than having intel UHD 620, or even the MX150. This one at least has a GTX 1060 and 512 GB SSD. What are your opinions on this? As I've never had a laptop and all the ultraportables are around ~3lbs, would the extra 1.5lbs be much of an issue carrying it around? My commute to my school is about 50 minutes each way. Also, if I were to purchase from the Razer website, are there any tips? I.e. warranty programs I should look into?

    The other laptops I was looking at were the XPS 13, Lenovo Ideapas S940, RBS 13 2019, Huawei Matebook X Pro (Honestly my choice, but the whole controversy around it is making me worry about any support even if I do purchase from microsoft).

    EDIT: Included the wrong model which was the 256 SSD with 2TB HDD (Sale of ~2400 to ~2000)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/meltedinseconds
    [link] [comments]

    I can't find reviews of this laptop apart from those on the manufacturer's website

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    Howdy,

    I'm considering replacing my HP Stream - 11-d020nr with the 15-bs121nr, but I'm looking for more reliable reviews than those on the HP website. Here's a link to that: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-notebook-15-bs121nr

    I don't really know what information is relevant. The most taxing game I might even play is Classic WoW (and if this laptop can't handle it, that's fine), and otherwise I'd just like to have a few tabs open at once, including Youtube in 480p, w/out decreased performance. I'm looking for 4+ years of reliability and a basic threshold of performance for under 375 USD.

    First task for the new laptop is a fresh install (only way I know how is thru Windows settings) for bloatware, then manually clean whatever remains. I've kept my current laptop alive and up-to-date for 4 years, even w/ only 32 gigs. Intend to do the same w/ the new laptop. Anything I've left out that's relevant before you share your experience, please let me know.

    Regards

    submitted by /u/cr1m1n3lly
    [link] [comments]

    Best Laptop for Arhitecture Students?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    I have to pick out a laptop for my sister who is going to pursue her Masters in Architecture. I shortlisted between a customized Thinkpad X1 Carbon and The Alienware M15 but i cant seem to decide on which one to buy.

    If i pick the Alienware should i get an RTX 2060 or RTX 2070 Max-Q?

    submitted by /u/SudzioReddy
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion on the ASUS Rog Strix G G531

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    I am looking at this laptop as a budget option to upgrade from the laptop I am currently using and I wanted some thoughts from other people on how this laptop is to live with and if it is any good.

    Specs:

    i7-9750H

    16GB ram (which I will upgrade using old laptop)

    512 GB SSD (Also will upgrade)

    GeForce GTX 1650 4GB.

    submitted by /u/fpVenom
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Have the Lenovo Ideapad L340 or a link to a review of it?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    So I am really trying to find a decent "business-gamer" that doesnt have terrible thermals. I got the Dell XPS 9560 but it just heats up to nuclear levels even for Crusader Kings. Trying to find something with a GTX 1650 that has better cooling than the Dell and stumpled upon the Lenovo Ideapad L340 (in Norwegian sorry):

    https://www.lenovo.com/no/no/laptops/ideapad/l-series/IdeaPad-L340-15IRH-Gaming/p/88IPL301161

    Unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2PNAbqiMo

    Does anyone have this laptop or have a link to a review? Seems like there is no info about it anywhere.

    submitted by /u/Doctor_Hellsturm
    [link] [comments]

    Help to find a laptop under 50k(INR)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:32 AM PDT

    I'm a programmer . Need a decent laptop which should have the following features : Speed Processing power 8 gb ram 1 tb hdd Light weight to carry everyday

    Should I choose one with about 128/256 GB SSD & Integrated graphics or a Good Graphic Card & compromise over SSD..??

    I've got Basic Usage with Programming, Web & App Development(Android Studio, ML, etc.)

    Laptop Suggestions please.

    submitted by /u/cozyvibe26
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Must Ditch the MacBook Butterfly Switch to Regain Trust

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:21 AM PDT

    Why`s my Laptop's display cable getting extremely hot?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Recently my laptop`s lid got damaged in an accident, so I replaced the lid and the broken screen with a new lid along with hinges and a new screen.Everything is working fine the display is perfectly running no issues but the cable that connects the laptop screen to the motherboard is getting very hot liker seriously very hot.the part of the cable that is connected with the motherboard is mainly getting hot,even the webcam and the front pannel microphone is not working.What should i do to prevent this overheating issue.pleaseeee help

    submitted by /u/Sayan-990
    [link] [comments]

    My Amazon Renewed Experince

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    Selling a Razer Blade Stealth 13.3" 512GB Intel Core i7 16GB + Razer Core + RX 480 + Razer diamondback mouse

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    MSI GS65 Undervolt

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    So I'm about to buy the MSI GS65 stealth (1660ti, i7-9750H) and was wondering if anyone could give me a tip at where to under-volt this thing to. I haven't done this many times so I'm looking for a decent place to start and then I can test around there if I want.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lmawo
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Dell laptop

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    The part of the charging cord that plugs into laptop was bent backward unto its self for over 30 minutes. Before you ask no, I was not using the laptop when this happened. Ever since, the laptop does not hold a charge. When I plug the charger in, it does power the computer, but it's in a power saver mode. Does anyone know what I have to do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Antthesummon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel