• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    Forgot pattern, got my gmail account + fingerprint registered Android Help

    Forgot pattern, got my gmail account + fingerprint registered Android Help


    Forgot pattern, got my gmail account + fingerprint registered

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    Somehow I forgot my moto z2 force pattern, and I'm @ 50th try and seems I can't remember it.
    I have fingerprint activated, but can't use it because for the first unlock after a reboot it asks for the pattern.

    Saw on a thread that there should be a "Forgot your pattern?" option, but the only one I get it's "Emergency call".

    Is there a way I can unlock it through my PC or force to reset the pattern? there are some files that I don't have a back up, so factory reset isn't an option for me. Or if there is a way to force USB connection to work, it would be perfect.

    Hope someone could help me.

    English isn't my main language, so I'm sorry if I made some mistakes.

    submitted by /u/AlanSoDi
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to convert SD Card into Internal Storage on Galaxy Tab S

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    About the Tablet:

    - Bought somewhere around late 2015~early 2016 (gift)

    - 16 GB Galaxy Tab S (Model: SM-T800)

    - Android 6.0.1

    - Using: Kingston 32GB Micro SDHC card.

    - Not rooted (maybe the issue?)

    The trouble:

    A you may have noticed, it has VERY little space, specially for today's standarts. Because of that, I'm always short on storage so I decided to do what I did with my phone: turn the SD card into internal storage (just "moving to SD card" has proven inefficient in the many times I've tried using it that way).

    HOWEVER, unlike my phone, here I can't just "Format as Internal"

    What have I done?

    As said, tried manually just sending the apps to the SD card, but this does nothing against my continuous "no storage" issue.

    So, after some Googling, I followed this guide to Setup ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

    And then this one to do the thing: https://www.modaco.com/news/android/heres-how-to-configure-adoptable-storage-on-your-s7-s7-edge-r1632/

    Everything after formatting both the SD Card and the Tablet.

    The issue here? It doesn't work. Tried with CMD and PowerShell, and when I input "sm private disk:179,32 private" (179,32 being the name of the SD) it does... nothing. Pauses for like two seconds and then, nothing. Tried with the "mixed" option and, again, nothing. There's also no error message or anything. Just in case it's relevant, my PC has Win10 and for some reason I had to use ".\adb" for the adb command to work.

    So... What to do now? Is there another way to fix this? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? In any case, I'll be glad if you helped. I reeeally don't want to just change tablets, since this one works pretty fine outside the storage problem.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/KaruFlan
    [link] [comments]

    No 4G/LTE??

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Soooo, new to Android. Got my phone yesterday and put LOS on it via TWRP. No gapps (Google services). Using Moto X4 64GB. Using a Verizon SIM through StraightTalk.

    I went into APN settings, but everything is greyed out and can't be edited, or added. When I go into my network settings and set my Preferred Network Type to "LTE only," I lose all bars and signal. Is this just a Verizon thing or would it work with ATT SIM? Before I got the phone, I did extensive research to make sure it'd fully work on Verizon/StraightTalk, so I'm clueless right now. When the SIM was in my iPhone, it worked perfectly fine.

    A guy named Frank, with StraightTalk live chat, told me that my device isn't 4G compatible....like, at all. Wth...? They didn't seem like they knew what I was talking about, though.

    submitted by /u/Tuwb56wjazh
    [link] [comments]

    Help me pick a phone please.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    Hello, I am trying to help my grandpa get a smart phone, and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction out of the list of these 4 phones:

    Galaxy A6 ($160) Moto E5 Plus ($0 free) LG Q7 Plus ($100) Moto G7 ($60)

    Keep in mind that this is for my grandpa who is about to switch from a flip phone.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/ABUSlVE
    [link] [comments]

    How good are the rugged smartphones?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:04 AM PDT

    Name your favourite rugged smartphone and why do you like it?

    submitted by /u/gauravjeyaraman
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube app keeps enabling itself automatically.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:15 PM PDT

    Recently I've noticed that the stock YouTube application keeps re-enabling itself even though I keep the disabled. I'm on Android Pie and I've been using YouTube Vanced for the past couple of months, so I have no need for the redundant default YouTube app. I've noticed since recently that I keep getting prompts from the Google Play store to update the YouTube app. This was surprising because until now I've kept the app disabled. When I noticed this, I disable the app once again, but hours afterwards it once again prompt me to update the app. So no matter how many times I've disabled the app in the app settings, it keeps re-enabling itself automatically without me doing anything and then asks me to update it.

    This is unprecedented. I've never seen this happen before. I mean, has anyone else been having this issue? Is there anything I can do to stop this?

    submitted by /u/generalissimo1
    [link] [comments]

    Firefox Focus on Pixel 3a

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    Is there any way to make results using Google as a search engine look and behave the way other browsers do? Results are hideous and look like from 10 years ago. I know there's an add-on for the regular Firefox browser but Focus doesn't implement usage of add-ons.

    As a reference for what I mean, here's what an image search of "cats" using Google as a search engine shows: http://imgur.com/gallery/vfCeh46

    The results look old. They don't have the filtering features, suggestion options, or a scrolling feature rather than clicking through pages.

    submitted by /u/AshesOfDeadEmpires
    [link] [comments]

    PDANet constantly gives the "Network Busy On Windows, please try again" error

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    PDANet stopped tethering about two months ago and only returns the "Network Busy on Windows, please try again" error. There are a million posts on Google asking how to fix the issue, but there does not seem to be an answer.

    Has anyone ever solved this?

    (I'm on a Samsung Note 9)

    submitted by /u/formerfatboys
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have secure start-up enabled?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    Why or why not?

    submitted by /u/djdelarosa25
    [link] [comments]

    Note 10 or S10 5G?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    Torn between getting an S10 5G or waiting for the Note 10 to drop and seeing what that has in store. Haven't really done any research on it. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/TheItalianDude96
    [link] [comments]

    Block all group texts?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    I can't find a way to do it with my stock phones (moto g6 and moto x4). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Or if I need an app please suggest what I should get. The spammers are driving me nuts, please help.

    submitted by /u/PeterPanLives
    [link] [comments]

    Strange graphical bug

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    https://www.imgur.com/a/SGU5R9p

    (Lg G8, on Android 9 pie, TMobile)

    I got the phone today, set it up using lg recovery from a backup on an SD card. Noticed this glitch would happen infrequently with text, as well as during games. Has anyone seen this before?

    submitted by /u/GruePwnr
    [link] [comments]

    Hide album covers from gallery

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    I tried .nomedia with Astro File Explorer and it did not work. It is off of my SD

    submitted by /u/MysteriousQi
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung galaxy s9 plus charging port repair

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    Are there any good guides online regarding fixing the charging port?

    submitted by /u/CokeDealer-
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I click allow or disallow? Chrome's location prompt is unresponsive.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/6Hvq6xt

    This is the prompt I'm referring to. The only button on this page that works is the "change tabs" button.

    I've tried disabling all accessibility services and apps that "Draw over other apps", because I thought it might be a security issue. I've also tried starting in Safe Mode to no avail.

    Device is an Unlocked Moto G6 on 8.0

    submitted by /u/Q48VW
    [link] [comments]

    Will my OnePlus 7 Pro work in the Netherlands?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    Hiya all, I'm purchasing a OnePlus 7 Pro, SIM unlocked, in the USA while I'm here over the summer. I saw online somewhere that it might be good to check if the bands supported by the phone will work in your country if you're taking the phone to another country. I live in the Netherlands, my carrier is KPN, so will my OP 7 Pro work with the Dutch supported 4G bands and such? I don't know how to reliably look up what are supported by the phone and the carrier, thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/LeDerptato
    [link] [comments]

    Magisk module to allow force screenshots in apps which don't allow them? (for android Pie)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    As the titles says, got a rooted Pie phone and want to take screenshots. Anyone know of any module or anything else which could work on a rooted phone? I know I can't do anything on a normal phone so looking for a solution on a rooted one

    submitted by /u/Sway212
    [link] [comments]

    Google Assistant answers on multiple devices

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    I have the same account on both my phone and Sonos. Until I recently updated a few apps, when I said "okay Google" only the Sonos responded, as I wanted it to do.

    But now both are responding, and it is really annoying. How do I stop this? Can I change one to something other than "okay google"? I have tasker if that helps. Or is there an account setting I can change? Google is aware of my Sonos on the account. Something else?

    submitted by /u/88mph_pfr
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the "better" option: Samsung A70 or the Xiaomi MI 9T ?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    The A70 has

    bigger screen (6.7 vs 6.4, but there is a little notch, which would result a 5-8% size loss if I turn it off which I would)

    bigger battery (4500 vs 4000)

    weaker chipset (snap 675 vs 730 on the MI 9T)

    I'm not familiar with neither the Samsung's One UI, nor the Xiaomi's MIUI 10, so can't decide in that regard either, only seen a couple of comparison videos about them.

    About the camera/video quality/possibilities, its a close/even match to me so far what I've seen (prove me wrong if I am)

    In my country, both of them around the same pricing, so its not an aspect to me.

    Storage/RAM size is the same.

    Not sure about the audio quality in neither of phones' case, could any of you enlighten me please? (without headphone)

    Honestly, I would genuinely choose A70 due to the screen size and battery capacity (better media consumption overall), but that notch really bothers me and also the weaker chipset is not that appealing either. (I know, I know, it really matters if I'm a heavy user, but still)

    What do you guys think? Which one should I really choose?

    submitted by /u/BladePocok
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube app won't go to sleep on Huawei mate.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    So I use YouTube to watch videos while I fall asleep, and since I have had this Huawei mate Se, YouTube won't sleep. I don't have auto play on, and when a video ends I watch as the screen dims, as if it were going to go to sleep, then it lights back up again. It's been doing this since the day I got it, 6 months ago. Maybe I'm missing a setting, but I can't seem to find the resolution. Any advice appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DawnedEclipse
    [link] [comments]

    Google feed not working

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    Google feed displays "Google discover disabled for your account. Please contact your domain administrator. "

    Anyone facing such issue here??

    submitted by /u/tytfusokhszxc
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having these problem?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    I need a topic about this earlier, but I have been dealing with this bug for a while on my phone. To recap, here are my issues.

    • keyboard keeps disappearing/ typing and voice function interrupted constantly
    • ads are constantly popping up
    • online games pause momentarily
    • phone won't stay in sleep mode.
    • a black dot appears in the top left corner of my screen when these things happen.
    • these things only happen when I am online.

    I have asked about this on the Google support website, and after a week or two, I have gotten diddly dick. Now I am starting to get suspicious. What if this actually is Google's doing? Why am I only experiencing these problems when I am online?

    submitted by /u/BennyJackdaw
    [link] [comments]

    Turn of notification sounds when using phone?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    I tried looking this up, but only found results about turning them off completely.

    So is there a setting or app that lets you turn off your device notification sounds when it is on (awake/you are using it), but on when it is off?

    It makes sense if you are using it and instead of a loud sound playing in your face, you just see the pop-up banner silently, but when it is away and you are not staring at it, it plays the sound to alert you.

    I have a Galaxy S9 with AT&T.

    submitted by /u/aWESomness12345
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S9 not unlocking with password.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 02:42 PM PDT

    My Galaxy S9 unlocks perfectly with my fingerprint.

    When the lock screen is up then I put my finger on the scanner the phone unlocks and brings me back to what I was doing.

    When the lock screen is up and I type in my password the phone unlocks and locks immediately afterward, without even a glimpse of what was open previously.

    The password is not wrong as the phone will state it if I type it in incorrectly, and the phone does sort of unlock.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Nibblewerfer
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm clock not playing Spotify music when alarm is set.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    So I attempt to set my alarm for whatever time and instead of playing the music I selected on Spotify it just plays the default alarm.

    Even when I go to set the music it doesn't okay the preview. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice yet it keeps happening

    Anyway to fix this?

    submitted by /u/joe_schmo54
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel