• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, September 26, 2018

    There’s a spider in my tv. Tech Support

    There’s a spider in my tv. Tech Support


    There’s a spider in my tv.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 11:47 AM PDT

    I mean, I don't know what else to say. There's this little spider zipping around inside my tv. It's in-between the front panel and the LCD/LED cells or whatever they're called. It seems to have got in and now can't find its way back out,

    I'm thinking it'll probably die within a few days, but I don't want to wake up tomorrow and there's webs all over my tv, or there's thousands of eggs in the back of my tv like at the end of Godzilla. Anyone got any ideas?

    Video: https://youtu.be/GI70dBw-BoE

    Also I'm fully aware this is hilarious 🕷

    submitted by /u/Cyclone-Bill
    [link] [comments]

    my computer when restarting wont display anything, everything works fine if i shut down the system and turn it back on manually but if i want to restart my computer once it shuts down there is just a black screen. any help? thanks

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:51 AM PDT

    my mobo is a MSI Z97 GAMING 5 and im running windows 10

    submitted by /u/danshuter
    [link] [comments]

    Why is disk usage always different?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:48 AM PDT

    In task manager sometimes my total disk usage will be at 3 MB/s and it will be at 100% disk usage. Sometimes it will be at 70 MB/s and only be at 60% disk usage. Why does it do this? And what determines how big the disk is?

    submitted by /u/FluffyMetalBar
    [link] [comments]

    Phone won't connect to data when I disconnect from WiFi

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:30 AM PDT

    Pretty much as the title suggests - my phone will be fine when on data for the majority of the time, but when I connect to a WiFi network and then leave it to use my data, whether I'm leaving the area or just disconnect because of a slow connection, my phone will not load web pages or apps, even though it will often shown full bars on 4G.

    Phone - iPhone X on iOS 12 (had the same issue on 11)

    Network - Vodafone (UK)

    submitted by /u/BearsNBeetsBaby
    [link] [comments]

    Kaspersky Antivirus seems to have bricked my PC (Windows 10)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:45 AM PDT

    So I installed this thing yesterday, in an attempt to make my computer stop using 100% of disk most of the time. At first it seemed to be working fine, and today I ran a scan that found some weird files, and asked for permission to delete them and restart the computer. I did so, and after a while it restarted to the regular Windows 10 login screen. I entered my password, and was greeted by a blank screen with nothing but by mouse pointer. Nothing worked, but I managed to open the Task Manager, which ran like garbage. I tried restarting several times, to no avail, and then in what proved to be a huge mistake tried to restore the system to a previously saved image (before the antivirus). A couple hours later, I got an error I couldn't really understand, saying that the image reset had failed. So I tried to reset the whole thing. Second mistake. Took a long time, and now I can't even get to the login screen in order to do the whole shift+restart thing in order to reach the troubleshooting screen. All I get is a black screen, and when I force it to shut down by holding the power button it instead reboots and goes back to the black screen.

    I'm at my wit's end here and considering just scrapping the HDD and buying a new one, though that would be expensive. Please, if anyone knows a way to fix this I'd be very thankful.

    Specs: Windows 10, i5 (not sure how many GHz), 8gb RAM, I think the motherboard is an ASUS but I'll have to check. Sorry if it's too little information, please ask if there's anything else I can do.

    submitted by /u/Incitatus_
    [link] [comments]

    Started having FPS problems suddenly

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 05:06 AM PDT

    Hey i've recently been having FPS problems when playing games that I usually can run fine even dropping to low fps when its all on low detail. I've been monitoring my system usage and I think its a CPU problem, itll either use 100% and start dropping to low fps or the usage will go down to like 30-40% and itll drop FPS aswell. I've tried running multiple virus scans and updating all drivers and cleaning out old files. I'm about to clean out the dust from the inside of my pc to see if that helps.

    My specs are:

    i5 4690k

    GTX 970

    8GB Ram

    Windows 8.1

    submitted by /u/doofman
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen after booting pc

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:59 AM PDT

    Hello, whenever i boot my pc the screen stays black. I have to restart my computer like 2-10 times to actually make it work. I've no clue what causes this issue, the pc boots normally, fan sounds bit weird but after awhile it's normal. Does anyone know what may cause the issue or how to diagnose it? I didn't install any software etc, the only thing which comes on my mind is windows update, but that was like 2 days before it started happening so i doubt it's because of this update.

    submitted by /u/Landiago
    [link] [comments]

    Packet loss problem

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:47 AM PDT

    After changing from wireless to cable, switching internet service providers,updating drivers I still somehow get high packet loss and my ping randomly jumps to 1000+ ms.

    This is just driving me mad at this point,I'd like to know if anyone has any ides that may help me,it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/_d3fiant
    [link] [comments]

    Headset volume low even at 100%?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 09:07 PM PDT

    MY senheiser hd 439's are extremely quiet compared to my apple earpods when at 100% volume. It is normal sound, but not nearly as loud as it should be. I need to put it to 100% to actually hear things. I have tested this seperately on a windows 10 pc, windows 7 laptop, and an iphone. What is the issue?

    submitted by /u/blatnoy
    [link] [comments]

    How do I block Spam/Scam Calls?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:37 AM PDT

    Recently, I started receiving phone calls from Congo-Brazzaville which is strange considering I'm just a college student in America. How can I make this stop! I desperately need a way to stop these phone calls from happening. It's been a week and I always receive 2-3 calls a day(maybe nights a better word), always from Congo Brazzavile, but different numbers. IDK how or why my number is out there. I haven't answered them, but they keep calling in the middle of the night that I'm unable to sleep because of these calls coming in at 3am, 5am etc. I'm looking for a way to block calls from Congo-Brazzaville or just like stop these calls or block them before they occur. Anything please :(

    I have an iPhone 8 with Verizon

    submitted by /u/EducationalPotato
    [link] [comments]

    speech trough aux is distorted

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:49 AM PDT

    After I used my speaker trough aux, whenever i use my earphone trough aux, speech is distorted but if I use that speaker again, it works fine.

    tried rebooting, reinstalling drivers, turned off enhancements, using 3 and 4 conductor jacks

    usb earphone works fine

    submitted by /u/andrei9669
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable Cortana?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:34 AM PDT

    I thought I'd try Cortana out as I thought it would be easy to disable, but unfortunately I am wrong. It now shows this annoying white search bar on my task bar and I assume it uses some memory and decreases battery life for a laptop. How do I disable this thing?

    submitted by /u/Jr_Echo
    [link] [comments]

    Linksys router not showing SSID.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:24 AM PDT

    Hi.

    So from a couple of days my Linksys EA6900 was frequently disconnecting me from the internet. I had to restart the router to get it working again.

    This morning, it stopped working, even after couple of restarts. A new problem occurred this morning, SSID stopped showing. So i said, let's just reset the router so i can install it again.

    I reset the router and after it was done resetting i connected my cable to the router and still, same issue, no SSID nor an internet connection.

    Orange Cable: Coming from the main modem, which is provide by my ISP. Blue Cable: Just an Etherne Cable.

    So after multiple reset attempts, i tried to connect the internet via Ethernet cable. Orange on was going into the "internet" port, and the Blue on into the "Ethernet" port. When i connect like that, it shows "Identifying.......No Network access" or "Unidentified network.No network access". I can't even access the 192.xx.xx.x .

    The light on "Internet" port on the router is blinking though.

    I did reset my main modem, still same issue.

    When i connect the Orange cable direct to my laptop, it works fine.

    What seems to be the problem?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mascox14
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 No Internet Access no matter what I tried

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:29 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    So I have a laptop at work, it's an HP Elitebook 840 G1.

    For some reason I don't get internet access. Not Wifi, not LAN.

    I do get a link when I connect the ethernet cable. Also, when I updated the BIOS version straight from the BIOS panel it automatically configured a network, downloaded and flashed the BIOS, so I know it's not a hardware problem.

    When I connect to LAN it just says "Ethernet - No Internet".

    When I connect to Wifi, it's "No Internet - Secured".

    ipconfig doesn't yield any results. Just says "Windows IP configuration" and it's all blank.

    I tried:

    • Updating BIOS

    • Uninstalling and reinstalling all of the drivers

    • Uninstalled any VPNs I had

    • Removed computer from the domain

    • Disable all firewalls

    • Set a manual DNS IP.

    Nothing seems to work and I'm starting to lose hope.

    This happened before and I always had to reinstall Windows to solve this.

    Googling doesn't help, all of the suggestions are the same.

    Can anyone help me resolve this?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/bei60
    [link] [comments]

    External HDD constantly running and Internal HDD showing as ejectable

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:25 AM PDT

    Both these issues seem to have popped up together.

    • External HDD - Western Digital. The light on the HDD is constantly blinking and the Hard drive is constantly spinning. Can't eject it because of the "The device is currently in use" error even when nothing is using it (to my knowledge).

    • Internal SSD/HDD. My OS is on two Samsung 830 (Raid 0). Apart from these two, all my other HDD and SSD are showing up as drives I can eject (but it doesn't really work if I try to). The only changes I've made recently is install an SSD (MX500) for data. After installing that... I did do a clean install

    I've checked my bios for any option but haven't found anything.

    System specs

    • Xeon W3690 (OC'd)
    • Gigabyte X58A-UD7 motherboard (rev 1.0)
    • 24GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
    • 2*Samsung 830 SSD 120GB running on Raid 0
    • WD Black 1TB
    • WD Cavier 256GB
    • Crucial MX500 1TB
    • Gaming X 1080Ti
    • Windows 10

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/FaisalKhatib
    [link] [comments]

    Computer beeping when I turn it on

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:01 AM PDT

    This morning I removed the broken SSD from my desktop. I unplugged the sata cable that was connecting it to the motherboard, and removed that as well. I didnt change the position of any other cables, including the ones attached to the HDD, although I did make sure some of them were still plugged in where they were supposed to be, in case they slipped out...

    When I turn on my desktop now, it beeps continuously. I've tried pressing the restart button, unplugging it and plugging it back in again, and leaving it. When I leave it, it keeps beeping for maybe 10 seconds, then it turns off again

    Here's the post I made yesterday: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/9irtqh/issued_with_booting_up/?st=JMILGROB&sh=e2b3d67a

    I was reading a post on this website and it says that I need to replace the thermal past on the cpu. However it also made me realise that my desktop used to beep once when I turned it on, and that post says that that's indicative of a graphics card problem... So maybe my previous issue was that...

    But first, I need to know if you guys think I should replace the thermal paste? I don't have any, and I feel like messing around more in there might wreck something else at this point...

    Do you guys think the continuous beeping is that, or something else?

    submitted by /u/IDontLikePieVeryMuch
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have a memory leak?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 09:59 PM PDT

    I'm wondering if I have faulty RAM or what could be the cause of this.

    I have 8 gigs of RAM, and this screenshot was taken just after booting up. I don't understand how that amount adds up to 4 gigs of RAM, or about 56% percent of the installed memory.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/pringles_prize_pool
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for the android browser to open links on certain apps?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:53 AM PDT

    I need answer about android browsers redirecting links to apps instead of just opening it.

    e.g. I browse on chrome app on my android and it is a twitter link, when I open it I want the browser to ask me if I want to open it in the twitter app instead of chrome

    or you know just browsing youtube videos on browser and if I tap on it, it will transfer to the youtube app.

    Edit:

    I have found the solution, I just needed to clear defaults on my chrome app settings.

    Admin/Mods you can delete this post or pm me to delete it myself since its useless I guess..

    submitted by /u/Kreenamics
    [link] [comments]

    Weird fan noises (broken fan?)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:51 AM PDT

    Here's a recording of the sound: https://chirb.it/cgHttN

    The sound eventually disappears.
    Should I get a new fan? It's only six years old.

    submitted by /u/315Lukas
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop suddenly freezes so...

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:34 AM PDT

    I hold my fingers on the power button so that it'll turn off, but when I tried turning it on again it wouldn't respond and turn on and even the light thats supposed to glow when its charged isn't glowing.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/EffectiveComment
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a quick windows keyboard shortcut to "save image to file"?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 11:32 PM PDT

    Is there a shortcut to save to a particular folder, lets say "desktop." So when I click, for example, Alt+Shft+S it automatically saves the image to the predetermined destination?

    Right click+Save Image As+Select Folder+Enter is really time consuming when your gathering donor images for concept art.

    submitted by /u/Littleslapandpickle
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Godaddys SMTP server and outlook

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:12 AM PDT

    We have a problem with godaddy SMTP server on Outlook... We can login on POP3 or IMAP server, but can't login on the smtp server it's says that credential failed.

    We search on the godaddy email configuration panel, and we found a server configuration button, inside have a easy Outlook configuration button and is off, we click on and nothing happened.

    The email is ok on webmail and works ok on outlook until last week.

    submitted by /u/nlvv07
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop refuses to boot properly?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 09:08 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I've been having this issue for a while now and had stopped using my laptop for a while but just started trying to use it again and was reminded of the issue. I've got an MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro laptop. Around May of 2017 the LCD on it cracked (still cant figure out how!) But I ordered in a replacement for it and replaced the LCD in it. Cables are all connected, everything is hooked up right. Almost immediately after that the laptop started booting up weird. First few times it would just come up with the critical error message with the standard 'oh no, something didn't boot up right' that came with windows 10. I had decided to wipe the entire system, never got around to it. Two days ago, pick up laptop again for the first time since then, booted right on startup perfectly. It was on an old operating system for windows 10 and i left it like that until tonight, but turning it on after shutting it off, the screen doesnt turn on, not even the backlight, until I do it roughly 4-5 times and then it just boots up into the normal screen for loading the profiles. I decided to update to the new windows 10 version assuming maybe that was why and have been stuck on the black screen for roughly an hour now, turning off and turning back on wont do anything and I cant get it to boot into BIOS mode either to see if the graphics stuff is where it should be.

    Something else to note, before I updated it Windows alerted me that some security files were missing. It's been running pretty slow these past few days, is there any potential for malware or anything since security files were missing? I don't delete anything off the computer if it has even a potential to be related to the OS.

    sorry for the wall of text! I'm trying to be as thorough as possible and am still somewhat a newbie when it comes to computer parts and hard/software. Much help is appreciated because I don't really want to shell out a ton of money for a fix that might not even be possible.

    submitted by /u/rulerofthetwili
    [link] [comments]

    Your windows license will expire soon

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:56 AM PDT

    when i open my pc , a mesages pop up

    your windows license will expire soon 1 year ago a build my pc and i use this video to activate windowns any idea to help me ?

    submitted by /u/darkwolfgr
    [link] [comments]

    I think I just destroyed my computer

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 11:09 PM PDT

    Preface. I have a i52500k I wanted to learn to overclock to get better frames. I ordered an 8700k and new MOBO should be coming in a week.

    For the sake of learning I wanted to finally overclock after like six years of not doing it. I tried a few times but it would always error and reset and I never followed through on figuring it out.

    Today I decided to flash the bios and update the MOBO. I have an old gigabyte z68 ud3h-b3. I figured clean up the system and update drivers. I initially did it through the windows executable provided by gigabyte. Upon restart the computer gave a windows boot manager error \boot\bcd. I figured maybe it was due to using the windows version.

    Decided to use a usb and flash the bios again with the same latest version. Same error persisted.

    Meanwhile I kept getting a request to set SSD to AHCI but I was ignoring it. I looked it up and realized I should put AHCI so I did.

    No change

    I went and reset MOBO battery and reflashes with the original F10 firmware. Following that got the AHCI question and set that as the option. And then made it past the boot manager but just got stuck at a black loading windows screen that is just stuck there

    I removed two ssd and hdd and tried the bootable ssd alone and no change.

    Anyone have any clue wtf I did. I do feel like an idiot and maybe should have found some expert opinion on how to overclock if I really wanted to have one last hurrah. Now I'm just regretting it all.

    submitted by /u/egyptionsr2buff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel