• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 22, 2018

    On Messaging App, why does this word turn orange? Android Help

    On Messaging App, why does this word turn orange? Android Help


    On Messaging App, why does this word turn orange?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 07:59 PM PDT

    Hi in this picture, you can see the message text apears all black like usual. However, on the word "gorilla" it is orange(or yellow). I was wondering why does it have it like that? Image

    *EditL If it helps the person with the text orange is using a IPhone.

    submitted by /u/p0Xb
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for "Sticky Note" app

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    Looking for an app to pin memos and notes to lock screen.

    submitted by /u/pais523101
    [link] [comments]

    Want a Pixel 2/3, but Im an iOS guy and have 2 important requirements

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 05:32 AM PDT

    Hey everyone.

    My wife is deep in the iOS ecosystem and her iPhone 7 finally died. So I can either spend a weeks salary on a phone for her, or give her my mint 7+ and grab a used Pixel 2 or a 3 when they come out.

    I have two main requirements though, and Im not sure it'll work out for me because of it... I need iMessage. I work in a secure environment and the only way for my family to get ahold of me, in an emergency, is to call my manager - who will then figure what building Im working at, and will then call security, who will then call the site lead, who will then reach out to me. We use Mac's here and iMessage works 100%.

    The second thing is Find my Friends. We purchased iphones for my parents who are older, primarily so we can know where they are. My father had a heart attack and my mom didnt know where he was. We figured out he was at the hospital by checking Find My Friends. Thats the most important thing to me.

    My wife needs to stay on Apple for her work stuff, company only supports Apple etc, so not worth us both switching. And my parents have a hard enough time with an iPhone, they were completely lost with their old Android phones. They need flip phones lol.

    Is there a way to sync one or both of those to an Android? Or am I stuck with Apple?

    submitted by /u/MilesT0Empty
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on what to do with old phone.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 02:32 PM PDT

    GS6 edge with LOS and root. I have no idea what to do with it.

    submitted by /u/Scerball
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Things stops working notification endlessly

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 02:01 PM PDT

    I have never used Smart Things on my Galaxy s7 active. Recently the Smart Things app constantly crashes and pops up a notification every time it does. I have noticed specifically it does it when I pull down the notifications/settings bar from the top of the screen as well as other totally random times. Any tips on how to stop this? I cant disable it either.

    submitted by /u/baseball494
    [link] [comments]

    Walmart pay widget not working with nova launcher

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 04:02 PM PDT

    Anyone else having issues with widgets in nova?

    submitted by /u/krazy4001
    [link] [comments]

    How can i make arena of valor run at 60 fps (or at least higher than 30)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 02:18 PM PDT

    Gltools doesnt make a difference, same fps but worse graphics

    submitted by /u/advancedgamer9898
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless charging with a popsocket?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:49 PM PDT

    It seems whenever I want to use wireless charging on my Galaxy S9+ I have to remove the case, because I have a popsocket and it's too large to allow the phone to connect with the charger. Is there either a better charger or another position I can put the phone in to facilitate wireless charging without having to remove my case/popsocket all the time? Can it charge face down, for example?

    submitted by /u/pumpkin111496
    [link] [comments]

    Firmware on Odin Failed

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:30 PM PDT

    My phone is bricked and trying to unbrick. I am trying to download firmware but every firmware I use has failed in Odin. Also Sammobile is currently down so I can't find reliable ones.

    A screenshot of logs from my last attempt: https://imgur.com/a/WXfCk32

    Any advice/help would be appreciated. Thanks.

     

    Phone: Samsung S8 SM-G590U

    Baseband: G950USQ5CRH1

    submitted by /u/Refuil
    [link] [comments]

    What are my options to recover this phone?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:26 PM PDT

    I got an extra pixel xl from my boss to test our android developers progress on. My boss previously got the phone to test a different company app. When we first turned the phone on it asked to login, we didnt know the password or recognize the phone number that was pre-typed in. I held the two buttons and went into recovery mode and reformatted it but when going through the setup it still asks to login with the previous login. Is there anything we can do like rooting etc?

    submitted by /u/rifts
    [link] [comments]

    Nova vs Android P pixel launcher?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:40 PM PDT

    I've been using my Google Pixel 2 for a while now with nova (paid version) as my launcher. But I've been curious as to the advantages of the pixel launcher. One of these supposed advantages is the smart app suggestion bar iirc. But are there other reasons to use the pixel launcher instead of Nova?

    submitted by /u/thibaultmol
    [link] [comments]

    Any Recent 16:9 Phone Camera Sensors?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 05:25 PM PDT

    Every social media is based off of portrait mode (16:9 aspect ratio) and I'm having trouble finding any recent phones that use a 16:9 sensor in full quality. Sure you can crop in a 4:3 shot but you lose lots of quality and it just doesn't look right compared to no crop 4:3. So if you have a 16:9 camera sensor, social medias will more than likely be full quality rather than cropped in and I'm trying to find any new phones with this full quality aspect ratio to make sure my phones are always the highest quality.

    submitted by /u/yvshii
    [link] [comments]

    Change my location on the app store.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    I was in India when I made my account and now that I'm living in America how do I change the location of the app store?

    submitted by /u/iambob6
    [link] [comments]

    I can't download apps on my phone from the browser version of Google Play anymore.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:08 PM PDT

    Whenever i go on google play from google chrome and i go to an app, if i click on "install", i will be stuck in an infinite loading loop where there'll just be that loading sign in the middle of the screen and i won't be able to do anything but refresh the page. So i can look around, add apps to my wishlist and what-not, but if i want to install an app on my phone from my pc, there'll just be that loading loop... and it worked before. Especilly on the phone i have right now.

    Any ideas on what it might be?

    Oh, and if it helps, my phone is a Doogee S60 with Android 7.0

    submitted by /u/Yorikmourn
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi and Bluetooth wont turn on. Stays gray.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:57 PM PDT

    So a few days ago I tried updating my S7 Edge and it said update failed. No big deal and I was going to bed so I didnt mess with it. Everything seemed fine until i realized when getting into my car the next day that the bluetooth wasnt working. Then I noticed the Wifi was not working. Both icons stay gray even when I go into the settings and do it.

    So I obviously went and tried what the internet told me and tried booting it up in safe mode which didnt work. Then I went into recovery mode and wiped the cache which didnt work. Finally in desperation I backed up all my data and factory reset my phone. Guess what... it STILL didnt work. Before I take it in somewhere anyone willing to take a guess at what it is? I would REALLY appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/je_luc
    [link] [comments]

    Rearranging app icons on home screen.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    This is probably a really stupid question but how the crivvens do you add/rearrange/remove app icons on the home screen in Android Pie?

    Tap/hold no longer does anything.

    Essential Phone if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/Afinkawan
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to view contents of google play books

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:54 PM PDT

    Issue: Unable to view contents of google play books

    Note: Issue happens in all (2) purchased books

    Note: I've been using google books flawlessly for months until today

    Note: The only thing I did differently (which I suspect caused the problem) is I downloaded a google book downloader gbooksdownloader.com Why doing this would cause this problem is beyond me.

    Error message:"Oops! There was a problem displaying the page."

    Troubleshooting:

    1. Tried a different browser
    2. Cleared caches and cookies
    3. Signed out and back in
    4. Restarted computer
    5. Tried a different computer
    6. Tried creating a new google account
    7. Tried on mobile device

    Results: Issue remains unresolved, EXCEPT in one instance.. I can load google books on my mobile device while connected to an LTE signal, issue is persistent on wifi.

    Questions? Suggestions? More information?

    Please and Thank you

    P.S. sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this issue, please advise.

    submitted by /u/AnxiteyRiddenNerd
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of "improve location accuracy disagree/agree" pop up that has infected all my devices

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 08:23 PM PDT

    So one week ago I started recieving a pop up on my 2 older samsung phones every time I turned on the GPS or use apps that want to turn it on - we're talking 20-50 times a day. It takes over the full screen, nothing can load while it is there, and you have to hit the tiny "agree" button every time. There is no way to permanently dismiss it. If you accidently miss the agree button or try disagree, your gps won't function at all and you'll have to toggle it off and on again to trigger the prompt. Today I woke up to find my new phone (samsung j2 pro) now has the same bug/behaviour change. It appears that this is a deliberate change on behalf of google play services. All I want is a "permanently agree" button so I can never see the pop up again. Is there any way the user can permanently get rid of this pop up? Or can we only hope they notice a complaint and fix it?

    submitted by /u/dogecoin_pleasures
    [link] [comments]

    Text not displaying properly in any browser

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 08:10 PM PDT

    Starting a few weeks ago text hasn't been loading properly on any browser I try. https://imgur.com/rhc1Xn4 Has anyone seen this before? It makes it hard to use the web to say the least. I'm on a rooted phone if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/OrangeFractal
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyways to use your android phone like a bluetooth audio reciever?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:33 PM PDT

    Essentially I want to be able to plug in my headphones to my android phone and listen to audio from my laptop via bluetooth

    submitted by /u/Karnman
    [link] [comments]

    Can notifications be location/wifi aware?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:31 PM PDT

    hey all,
    I have a camera system in my home that send me notifications when movement is detected. The thing is, it also does this when I am home. I don't want to switch off the cameras whilst I'm at home so is there a way I can disable/block/mute notifications when either I am within a specific location or when I'm connected to my home wifi?

    If it makes a difference, I have a Blackberry Keyone so I can't root it.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/A92AA0B03E
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way for Android-x86 to autoresize the resolution in VirtualBox?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 10:25 AM PDT

    Maybe VirtualBox Guest Additions or something like that?

    Also, is there a way to make mouse integration work?

    Edit: Just realized that scroll wheel doesn't work on some apps.

    submitted by /u/iJONTY85
    [link] [comments]

    How can I sync a folder on my PC with a folder on my phone (over wlan)?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:24 AM PDT

    Is there any app or program that will sync two folders, specifically music in my case, with one folder being on my PC and the other on my phone? Right now I'm just dragging the music into the other folder and it rewrites all the files instead of skipping the ones already there so it tends to take a while. And I don't want to use a cloud service like google drive or anything. I would like it to all be over my wifi or even if I plug in my phone. help pls

    submitted by /u/kilage
    [link] [comments]

    disable absolute volume when it's not in the settings

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:02 AM PDT

    hey, so i have an nvidia shield tv which is running the latest version of android which i use with my sony bluetooth headphones.

    i use the same bluetooth headphones on my phone, a nokia 6.1. there i often had the problem that the volume wasn't precise enough so disabled absolute volume in the developer settings which allowed me to control the phones and headphones volume individually.

    i was hoping to be able to do the same on my shield tv but the option isn't there after enableing the developer settings.

    so i was wondering if there are other way of disabling it. i tried an app called Settings Database Editior which allows me to edit the setting's variables directly, but i'm not an expert so i didn't really know what to look for.

    anyone know how to help me with this?

    submitted by /u/redh0mer
    [link] [comments]

    AdHell-like program for non-Samsungs?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 10:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel