• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, September 25, 2018

    Laptops HP Envy x360 Ryzen 5 a good option for college?

    Laptops HP Envy x360 Ryzen 5 a good option for college?


    HP Envy x360 Ryzen 5 a good option for college?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 11:39 AM PDT

    Hi all, I just found this subreddit in the hopes of finding a decent laptop for the range of $600-$800 for college. I am going for a mechanical engineering degree, so CAD might be an important thing I do, although we do have remote desktop access. I am looking for a nice, thin laptop that will suit my needs of portability and build quality to get me through college, and I found the HP Envy x360 15z (The one with Ryzen 5 2500U and Vega 8) for a good price on the HP website for $629 USD. From what I could glean from reviews, the only bad thing about the machine is the relatively dim display, but I could probably live with that if it means it's a high build quality machine with decent specs to get me through college. Does anyone have experience with this laptop or have suggestions?

    submitted by /u/FracturedArmor
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a laptop

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 01:33 PM PDT

    Hi all; I am looking laptop. Criteria:

    • 2 in1/convertible
    • at least 16gb of RAM (or expandable)
    • graphic digitizer (Wacom or whatever)
    • Colour: Black

    Something like Lenovo 920 or X1 yoga. In general, I really like the design of the Thinkpad series. Appreciate all the help I can get. Tnx (-:

    submitted by /u/nexus_solarium
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy a new laptop that has W10 and give it W7 instead?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 11:41 AM PDT

    I need to buy a budget laptop around $500 for work and the programs will only work on W7 but every new laptop comes with W10. Is it better to run dual OS mode with W7 and W10 or can I just wipe it completely and use W7?

    The Dell Inspiron i3567 is what im looking at.

    submitted by /u/bidoof01
    [link] [comments]

    Review of Gigabyte 15.6" Aero 15X v8-BK4

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:14 PM PDT

    The laptop is extremely powerful and the 144hz screen is great. It is also relatively light for its horsepower and surprisingly thin too. However, there were some minor problems that come with the initial software, such as wifi connectivity, mouse stuttering, and a few other bugs that can all be fixed with some driver updates or reinstalling windows. It runs any game I throw at it super smoothly at high FPS. I also use this laptop in college, and the 8 hour batter life (which you can only get by putting it on battery saver mode) is plenty for a full day of lectures. Another small quirk is all the grease/fingerprints that get left on the laptop and is pretty visible.

    submitted by /u/vNuro
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Advice: Toshiba Satellite p50t-c-109 horrible battery life

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 10:53 AM PDT

    Just got this laptop and absolutely love it, except the battery life, which I knew about beforehand. With brightness fully down and battery saver on with the power saver power option, the best i can get is around 3 or 3 and a half hours with wifi still on. What about the rest of you? Are maybe beefier batteries I could buy for it? Thanks

    submitted by /u/ArtistKS
    [link] [comments]

    is this a good laptop for school and gaming?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 01:52 PM PDT

    https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-7000-7573/dp/B076V45W9B I'm thinking of buying this laptop it looks good for school but i'm wondering what kind of games it can run and if it's a good deal.

    submitted by /u/bigloverboy69
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to upgrade my Inspiron 7577's 7700HQ to a 7700K?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 01:46 PM PDT

    Are there any more upcoming laptops in 2018?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 01:30 PM PDT

    I've googled for a bit on this topic and would just like someome to confirm, that there'll be no more new laptops coming this year.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/gogomil
    [link] [comments]

    How good is the Acer Predator Helios 300?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 09:34 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a budget gaming laptop and want to be able to run triple a games. All the websites reviewing it gave good words, but the amazon reviews either praise it heavily or describe a bad experience. Is this laptop worth buying? Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Snottyhead64
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo ideapad 320 - Is it good enough?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 05:33 AM PDT

    Ideas for what to do with the empty space a disc reader used to occupy and a spare SATA port?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 12:51 PM PDT

    I'm modding an old laptop.

    Toshiba Satellite, C650 i5 580m (not original), 8gb RAM (not original) , rPGA988 board

    The disc reader is broken which is fine since I never used it anyway. Rather than replace it with a new one, I was wondering what cool stuff I could do with the empty space and the spare SATA port.

    I know there are hard drive caddys that can be used to add another drive but I'm looking for something a little more interesting. I doubt it's possible but I'd love to add something like an old graphics chip, though I don't know about the speed or connectivity of the SATA port for that.

    Any ideas for what to put there?

    submitted by /u/NotMyBestUsername
    [link] [comments]

    XPS 15 9570 review follow-up: 3 months later (r/dell x-post)

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 12:04 AM PDT

    Laptop Advice: Display (eye strain) and Keyboard (wrist pain) -- Aero 15x?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I am not much of a tech guy but I am looking to purchase a new laptop and have been eyeing the aero 15x. It seems to be the only 15+ inch 4k somewhat portable laptop that doesn't have temperature issues.

    Primary uses:

    1) Extensive academic/scientific research (involving huge datasets, 3D modeling, etc.)

    2) Gaming

    Most important aspects of a laptop for me:

    1. Reliability - even if backed up, i dont want to lose time in the middle of a big project and have to restart the laptop etc.

    2. Quality Screen - i often spend 8+ hours staring at my screen. The dell precision 5530 hurts my eyes for some reason. Macbooks and Surface do not. I dont know why. -- favorite screen: Macbook, even lower tier models.

    3. Temperature

    4. Ergonomics - i get extensive right wrist pain so this is important. Ive tried cushions/pads and everything and it doesnt work. I have to use a mouse so numpad throws off the positioning of my hands on the keyboard and mouse. -- favorite keybord: Surface Pro 4 4. Minor but annoying - thick bezels

    My Questions:

    1. Is there a laptop similar to the Gigabyte Aero 15x without a numpad? (I wish the GS65 had a 4k screen. I havent seen it in person but im afraid it will hurt my eyes like the dell; lenovo X1 Extreme seems sketchy considering they we're caught deleting negative reviews and their website keeps changing the configuration options of that line)

    2. Is the keyboard and customer service really as bad as everyone says?

    3. If 1) no or 2) yes, do yall have recommendations to get around those issues? 4) Do yall know why im experiencing those eye problems? Resolution? Refresh rate?

    submitted by /u/aaat20072007
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for 2 in 1 with i7 or competitive AMD processor, 16gb RAM, with a non 4k display. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 10:16 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    ~$1500 US

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Must be 2 in 1, specs more important than battery life

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** Very

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? 13"-15"

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** Yes, I am looking for a current generation i7 or AMD competitor and 16gb of RAM. A video card would be nice too. I run PSPICE, quartus, modelsim, Lightroom, Premiere Pro

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** Not the purpose of this machine

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** I don't care about optical drive or finger print reader. Input devices are extremely important to me

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.** I filled the form out to ask this question: Is it possible to find a current generation quality 2 in 1 without 4k display? I use remote desktops frequently and have found it to be a nightmare with remote desktops. I am currently using a 1st gen surface book and I do not like it. There are a list of things that bother me about the computer, but the one that causes me the most headaches is the Remote Desktop display issues.

    submitted by /u/MeridiansJudge
    [link] [comments]

    Need a laptop for mostly working remotely

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 08:09 AM PDT

    I have not purchased a laptop in 7 years and am completely out of touch on specs. I need a laptop that will be able to easily handle multiple large excel files at the same time. This is something that my work desktop does not do well. Other than that, I will just use it for browsing, maybe streaming. No gaming or anything like that. Budget is under $1,000. Under $750 would be better. What are the minimum specs I should be looking for and what companies/product lines can be most trusted right now?

    submitted by /u/dcash56
    [link] [comments]

    MSI, Gigabyte or Razer? College and Gaming Laptop.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:38 PM PDT

    I need help deciding between the MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, the Gigabyte Aero 15x and Razer Blade 15. I need a laptop mostly for Gaming (like Battlefront 2, GTA 5 etc) and doing Office things at college.

    What laptop would you go for and why? Thank's for helping!

    submitted by /u/tarek122
    [link] [comments]

    Alienware 15 R4 99whr none-gsync battery life?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2018 04:41 AM PDT

    I'm curious if anyone here has one of these laptops and what sort of battery life they're seeing? From online reviews it looks to be everything from 11 hours down to just 15 minutes more battery life than a gsync laptop.

    I have a feeling a lot of people have optimus turned off or have not disabled the main gpu when doing the performance testing. Even the laptop backlights can drain the battery by an oddly large margin

    submitted by /u/yixue
    [link] [comments]

    Budget laptop for video editing and daily use

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:02 PM PDT

    Title says it all, have around a 500$ usd budget. I need it for daily internet surfing, movies, writing and stuff but most importantly editing with premiere pro... any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/aaronauticalschip
    [link] [comments]

    Does Battlefront 2 overheat gaming laptoos quickly?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:27 PM PDT

    I recently got an Asus Zephyrus M and I love it, on overboost the cpu and gpu temps never exceed the mid 80s. This is not the case with Battlefront 2 though, in which even on overboost the cpu and gpu reach the mid 90s and don't seem to go down from there. Is Battlefront 2 known for overheating hardware?

    submitted by /u/cowraccoon
    [link] [comments]

    Will a cooler fix the only problem that the helios 300?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:21 PM PDT

    submitted by /u/SendNudeNow
    [link] [comments]

    imagine if you could upgrade the CPU in your laptop, I feel like it would eliminate the amount of people going for desktops

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 05:17 PM PDT

    Just think, buy a laptop with 8gb RAM and a decent CPU, then in a couple years just put in another stick of RAM and a new processor and you're beefed up again. I think it'd be awesome.

    submitted by /u/parrxtt
    [link] [comments]

    Safe to update my BIOS?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:14 PM PDT

    So, I got my brand new Lenovo Legion Y530 yesterday and apart from the Windows updates, I also got a notification from a Lenovo application telling me a bios update has been downloaded and is ready for installation.

    Is this safe? I'm honestly a bit hesistant since I read so many horror stories about updating a BIOS I'm a bit scared of doing it.

    submitted by /u/iDislikeSn0w
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what laptop Fredrik Neij used in TPB: Away from Keyboard?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 06:41 PM PDT

    I was looking at the asus vivobook pro, but certain things make me apprehensive about buying it.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 09:42 PM PDT

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F7TPBRH?th=1&psc=1

    So the first thing would be that this has a pentile rgbw screen and I've read a lot of posts on the internet bashing it for being blurry while displaying text or being less Color accurate. Asus does say it has 100% of the RGB colour gamut but given how much flak these screens get I'm apprehensive mainly cause I intend to use it for editing photos and some casual gaming. But then again it is a uhd screen.

    Secondly, I'm worried about the QC, cause certain Amazon reviews say the laptop 'stopped working' after a few weeks. I'll take these with a grain of salt cause Amazon reviews but I wonder, has anyone had similar experiences with Asus notebooks?

    Lastly I wanted to know if this laptop had an extra m.2 slot. I assume it doesn't have hdd or ssd space but an extra m.2 (preferably nvme) would be pretty cool cause 512 gigs isn't a lot and I can't seem to find answers on this anywhere.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/hippodyle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel