• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, September 26, 2018

    How to download voicemail Android Help

    How to download voicemail Android Help


    How to download voicemail

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:09 PM PDT

    Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask this, if not please direct me.

    My good friend past away a year ago, and his mother has 1 random voicemail of him saying hello and that he loves her. She's worried it might get deleted if she doesn't somehow back it up to an easily accessible device.

    She has a Galaxy J3 Eclipse. Is there anyway for her to download the voicemail and save it to a computer? Any help/links would be appreciated. I don't have her phone and she doesn't live around me, so I don't have access to it, if that will matter at all.

    submitted by /u/swaymasterflash
    [link] [comments]

    SD card shows up in file manager(And I have access to all the files) but Music Player and Video Player don't show any files from the SD card.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:22 PM PDT

    I have enabled storage access too. I tried to restart the phone, unmount and remount the sd card, take out the sd card manually and put it back in, but it seems that none of these make the apps detect the files in the sd card. I can move app data from main storage to sd card just fine. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Yistien
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S5 (Unlocked) Google Messages MMS Group Chat

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 07:17 PM PDT

    Hello, I am struggling to find an answer on my issue. When I attempt to create a MMS group chat, the app gives a popup of this: http://imgur.com/a/QX3q2JO I have cleared the cache and uninstalled. I have group messaging to a MMS reply to all recipients and have a phone # in the area where it says "phone number." When a different phone (s9+ in this case) creates a group chat of two people, the person with the issue has 2 contacts with the same phone number. In the second image in the link above, the red contact is the same person as the other listed person on the right side. I greatly appreciate any help on my issue. If you need clarification, I'll try my best and try to respond as soon as possible

    submitted by /u/osslothb
    [link] [comments]

    Why do new phones default to 4:3 photos?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:07 AM PDT

    I noticed this when I got my S8 (my sad placeholder until the Pixel 2 price drops :( ) and on my friend's Pixel 2. Both of our cameras defaulted to 4:3 aspect ratio. I understand that the photos that are taken in this ratio are of a higher resolution than the 16:9 photos. However, most photos are viewed on screens that are 16:9 for computers (and a ton of phones) or that strange new 18:9.5 aspect ratio or whatever the new trend is for the "long" phones like the S8. Why choose to default to 4:3?

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    (Multiboot) Error 6 upon install of multiboot on a Z Play

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 10:04 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong sub, Where else can I try though?

    I'm using TWRP 3.2.1-0 on a Moto Z Play trying to dual flash stock nougat rom

    Here's the full multiboot.log

    https://pastebin.com/5PeTSqmc

    Please help if you can! I bought a JBL mod without thinking that the multiboot would fail. woops

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_NAKED_CPUS
    [link] [comments]

    Update on my phone. Should I just get a new phone??

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:52 PM PDT

    My phone is hard bricked, a Samsung galaxy s9. I've been trying to update the software through the usual update. It would stop at 24%, sometimes 30% then it would crash and reboot the phone. Did a factory reset, the phone rebooted but is stuck on the AT&T logo. Took it to phone repair guys in the town I'm staying in. They tried everything they knew and it is still in the same spot. They said it's a paperweight now and is in a better place.

    I tried to have it replaced through insurance but when I called AT&T they said the guy at the AT&T store did not put insurance on mine but he did on the other 3 phones even though I told the guy to put insurance on all 4 phones. On top of that I asked if there was anything they could do since I've hardly had the phone 6 months and they said no.

    Should I just get a new phone?

    submitted by /u/Zippy93
    [link] [comments]

    How do you add a shortcut to pair to a specific BT device?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:19 PM PDT

    I wanna add a shortcut (to my "desktop") that allows me to make my device pair via Bluetooth with my Google Home without me having to go to the Bluetooth settings and connect it manually.

    Do we have that option on the OS or maybe a app that allow me to do that?

    Seems like I'm not the only one looking for a answer

    submitted by /u/Ru1Sous4
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Data disabled but phone connecting

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:33 AM PDT

    I have a Nokia 8. I was abroad and made sure to disable Mobile Data. I am absolutely, 100% sure, Mobile Data was disabled throughout my entire stay.

    However the phone has made various mobile internet connections during that time. It shows 100KB per connection (might means <100KB). According to my provider most connections lasted for a few seconds, but some up to 20 mins. None lasted for hours even though I've spend full afternoons outside.

    Provider suggested the mobile could be using Data when it loses WiFi connections, arguing that's normal behaviour even with Data OFF. That doesn't sound right, in anyway just tested turning my router off and of course, with Data OFF it simply loses internet connection.

    Any idea why / how an Android mobile might connect via Data with Data disabled?

    submitted by /u/mscintaichi
    [link] [comments]

    Moto G [2nd] won't boot after disabling the Google app

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    I have a Moto G 2nd generation phone, completely stock, just a few, very light apps from Play Store (Google Authenticator and such).

    In a flurry on the bus, I wanted to finally disable some of the bloatware apps that I never use (e.g. Play Music, Play Games, etc). As I was doing this, I also disabled the "Google" app. After I do this, the phone becomes pretty unresponsive. I can't get anything to happen, so I figure I'd restart the phone.

    Now, I can't get the phone to boot - it's stuck on the Motorola logo. I'm able to get into fastboot and even recovery mode. It looks like I can factory reset it, but if possible, I'd like to pull some data off of it - primarily, I have some pictures that I'd really like to keep (I know, bad on me for not backing up my phone, but I really don't use it for anything). It would also be really nice to somehow get whatever data Authenticator needs to function, but that seems like a long shot if I'm factory resetting and I think I have corresponding backup codes where I need them.

    Anyway, does anyone have any tips on how to deal with my situation? I don't really know much about dealing with Androids.

    submitted by /u/punches-ducks
    [link] [comments]

    How stable is Android in the long term?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:16 PM PDT

    Years ago I had an HTC one m8 and I loved it at first but after a while I noticed the phone began to slow down a lot. Im not sure why this happens but I've heard that it is common with android phones. Eventually a bunch of scan lines appeared on the display and would not go away, and the buttons were not functioning well (I suppose those are specifically hardware issues though). Then I got the LGG4 which boot looped and instead of getting it fixed I just got an iPhone. I have had an iPhone since then and it is okay, I don't mind IOS but I kind of miss Android. In the years that I've been using IOS I have never noticed any slowing down of the phone, and no hardware issues either. So my question is how does Android hold up these days in the long term? And what Android phones would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/sodainwatercup
    [link] [comments]

    What to check and look for when buying a pre-owned phone?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 01:16 AM PDT

    Specifically, a pre-owned Note 8. What are the things to check or look for when planning to buy one? TIA for the response.

    submitted by /u/JJ0522
    [link] [comments]

    Play Store crashes on Note 8

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 02:08 PM PDT

    I have a SD Note 8, my carrier is Rogers. I can no longer install apps from the play store as it chrashes everytime i try. I think this was caused by my swift black substratum theme, so i tried uninstalling it. The problem still persists however.

    submitted by /u/Soul_and_Syrup
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering deleted videos from Verizon S6 running 6.0.1, destruction of phone not a deal breaker.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 05:46 PM PDT

    I have a fully functional, only-used-for-4-months Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 that had 12GB of videos of my daughter's first months get lost on their way to cloud storage. I turned the phone off immediately over two years ago and began searching for a solution. I did quite a bit of searching around Reddit and the internet in general, and this is what I learned:

    -To recover deleted files from an Android phone, you must root it.
    -Rooting my Verizon S6 running 6.0.1 isn't possible.

    I bought a used replacement phone from a friend for cheap and set the S6 on the shelf hoping a root option would be developed. I've checked periodically and continue to find that a root of my build is not available.

    Given that, I'm curious what other options there are, including any that could destroy the phone but recover the data.

    My build info:

    Model number:
    SM-G920V

    Android version:
    6.0.1

    Android security patch level:
    April 2, 2016

    Baseband version:
    G920VVRU4CPC2

    Kernel version:
    3.10.61

    Build number:
    MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPC2

    SE status:
    Enforcing

    Hardware version:
    G920V.07

    Security software version:
    MDF v2.0 release 6;
    VPN v1.4 release 6.0

    KNOX version:
    KNOX 2.6
    Standard SDK 5.6.0
    Premium SDK 2.6.0
    Customization SDK 2.6.0
    Container 2.6.0
    CEP 2.0.1
    Enterprise Billing 1.2.0
    OTP 2.6.0
    SE for Android 2.4.0
    SSO 2.5.0
    Shared Devices 2.6.0
    TIMA 3.2.015
    VPN 2.2.4

    Configuration version:
    F14.SAM.SMG920V.0

    I would love to keep the phone, but I'd much rather have those videos of my baby daughter back. So destructive recovery is open, if that works.

    Any help, even if it's just a referral to a company that does this sort of thing, is very much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/thephyreinside
    [link] [comments]

    home screen and force rotation vanquished on pre-Android 8 devices

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 05:42 PM PDT

    So as I'm stuck w a phone on Android 7 and google seems to continue the battle against simple universal rotation control, i've found i am without the Google Now Launcher "allow homescreen rotation" option. Don't chuckle Pixel 2 (and 3!) owners you still don't have a baked-in solution for a rotating the lockscreen (really Google?)! Nevertheless, i'm seeking thoughts and ideas for achieving one or all of the following, as simply as possible: homescreen rotation, app force rotation, and lockscreen rotation.

    Lawnchair launcher has been a quick find and fix. What else ya got? Does Ultimate Rotation Control still work on Android 7, i know Google (why?) blocked it's capacity to force lockscreen rotation with Android 8*.

    Holler

    PS any hints on when moto 5g plus will see marshmallow?

    submitted by /u/squayzy
    [link] [comments]

    Phone call ends, Emergency alert sounds.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:59 PM PDT

    Android Version 7.1.2 Sprint LG Tribute Dynasty

    submitted by /u/acromantulus
    [link] [comments]

    Phone keeps locking itself

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:46 PM PDT

    I'm running a Google Pixel (1, not XL) and since a couple of days ago it randomly locks itself all the time. Sometimes after 2 seconds of unlocking it and will do it 4-5 times in a row. Then I'll be fine for hours.
    I tried restoring factory settings and the problem came back after a few hours.

    Anyone encountered this?

    submitted by /u/Valaaris
    [link] [comments]

    In-call Volume Bug

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    Is there a way to turn off the suggestions for disabling notifications from apps you dismiss often?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 10:19 AM PDT

    It sounded like a useful feature when I heard about it, but now I'm realizing that there are a lot of notifications where simply reading what the notification says is useful to me but doesn't require me to act on it, so I just dismiss it but I definitely want to see them again in the future. Some examples are Google News headlines, where I like seeing the headlines even if I rarely read the article; Google Fit telling me I reached my daily goal; and Play Store showing me what apps were updated. So rather than being annoyed by notifications I don't want to be seeing, I'm more often being annoyed by Android constantly asking me if I want to stop showing notifications for various apps. Can I turn off these suggestions?

    submitted by /u/kernco
    [link] [comments]

    Broken screen and need to get files off of OnePlus 5T

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:14 PM PDT

    So I dropped my 5T and the screen is black and not responding. I know the phone still works because the notification light is still flashing and I get a notification everytime someone sends me a message on Hangouts. And I can double click the power button and the phone buzzes as it brings up the camera app.

    I would like to get my data off the phone. But I haven't enabled USB debugging so I can't see my files when I connect my phone to my computer. I can see the phone in my file manager when I connect it to my computer. And I can put files on the phone. But I can't see any of the files that are already on the phone. Does anyone have any ideas? I have been googling around and pretty much all the solutions I can find requires some sort of input on the phone

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Hastyscorpion
    [link] [comments]

    Cursor image is corrupted

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 04:10 PM PDT

    The little icon that shows the cursor on text, upside down raindrop thing, is distorted. Kinda like a deep fried meme. Can't attach screen shot. Already reset no effect.

    Have Moto Z2 Play.Tmobile. Running Malware bytes. Had phone less than 2 months. Never wet.

    submitted by /u/allium_ros
    [link] [comments]

    Benefits to rooting your Android?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    What are some of the benefits to rooting your phone?

    submitted by /u/jimtendo_wii
    [link] [comments]

    Turning off notification sounds

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 12:04 PM PDT

    Hey there!

    Since I've got Android 8.1 every notification turned on again. I just want to make every app (except phone calls and sms) silent but if I turn the sounds off in the settings, the LED flash doesn't work either. What can I do? I don't want to use my phone in silent mod all day..

    submitted by /u/markitoo3
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome password autofill key icon

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:39 AM PDT

    I'm running the latest Chrome Beta (70.0.358.27) at the time of writing and have noticed this week that I get a 'Key' icon above my keyboard for every text input that I interact with. Looks to relate to Chrome's built in autofill for saved passwords (which I have disabled).

    Pictures:

    https://i.imgur.com/Os1UpT0.png https://i.imgur.com/Q9ZzpsN.png

    Has anyone else experienced this or know how to disable it? It only seems to occur when I'm in Chrome.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/IntricateRuin
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to hide folders in Google Drive from the Photos app?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:31 AM PDT

    As in the title.

    I've tried to create a ".nomedia" file as referenced multiple places (best summed up here) but to no luck.

    I really just want the Photos app to show the picture I've taken with my phone, not all of the damn D&D maps that I download all day instead of working.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/deaconsune
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to downvote Google News articles

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    The headlines in the For You section of Google News are always political fodder that I couldn't give two shits about. Tapping the overflow menu doesn't give an option to downvote, only to hide all stories from that "news" outlet.

    What's the deal? Is there no way to teach Google News topics in which you have no interest?

    submitted by /u/nukem2k5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel