• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, September 24, 2018

    Can the length of an HDMI cable affect image quality? Tech Support

    Can the length of an HDMI cable affect image quality? Tech Support


    Can the length of an HDMI cable affect image quality?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 04:06 PM PDT

    I decided to run a long HDMI cable from my PC to my living room TV. I'm trying to decide whether I should get a 40 feet cable just to be safe (if I decide to move my PC further away later or something), or try to keep it as short as possible (will have to measure, but probably around 20-25 feet)

    I'm doing it mostly for 4k gaming on my OLED TV in the living room. Would that work?

    Also any difference between doing this with a PC vs PS4? Would one work better over the other for any reason?

    submitted by /u/krfslb
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop family from tracking phone and getting access to contacts?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:22 PM PDT

    So a friend of mine is trying to get away from her family, and they track her phone through her cell network (AT&T, I believe). Shes no longer using the phone attached to her family's network, but they've managed to get ahold of some of her contacts and have called her friends. I'm not very familiar with Apple or iCloud (Samsung user) so I'm wondering how they could have gotten this info. Through iCloud or through the family tracking AT&T thing? And how can she prevent them from getting the rest of her accounts/info/texts?

    Edit: She's over 18. Her family knows she's safe, but don't know where. She's scared of them.

    submitted by /u/marypoppinit
    [link] [comments]

    Phone audio and mic works perfectly, but neither work during calls

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:14 AM PDT

    I'm using an iphone 5s. Siri can hear me fine, I the phone speakers work perfectly, but whenever I'm in a phone call I cannot hear anything, and the person on the other end can't hear me.

    submitted by /u/SemS125
    [link] [comments]

    Is my GPU fried?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:12 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am using hp pavilion dv6-6b00st notebook. It has Radeon HD 6490M and Intel i5-2430M. Running dual-boot W7 and Ubuntu 16.04. Today on W7, it freeze. Couldn't get any response. Closed and tried rebooting, its screen was black beyond loading screen. Removed GPU drivers and reinstalled, nothing changed. Tried to boot Ubuntu, but it freeze at log screen. When i disabled discrete GPU at both of them, i could boot with success. No recent driver update/new program installed. Can we say GPU is dead? Any tips to revive it?

    submitted by /u/smlo
    [link] [comments]

    Need to trick computer into believing a fake Battery Percentage

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:38 PM PDT

    Hi so to detail my problem, my battery is dead (it was swollen so I removed it). I cannot afford a new one and given my schedule I can't get it repaired either. Not for a while anyway.

    Mine's a Lenovo Y50-70 and I need it for using Unity engine and Photoshop and such. But the problem is that without the battery, my processor is stuck at 0.80GHz and my harddisk has slowed too when I use it charging without battery.

    I tried changing this to BIOS but Lenovo doesn't give any options for this.

    Is there a way out for me? Can I make my laptop think that it's actually at >20% battery (through registry maybe?) and it doesn't need to use in-built low power states?

    I tried forcing 100% minimum CPU usage from power plan but it didn't work. I can't find any similar threads on the internet because it shows me people whose problem is that their system shows them a 100% battery all the time.

    submitted by /u/kurroarashi
    [link] [comments]

    What could have happened?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:37 PM PDT

    About two years ago my 2013 MacBook Air shut off without warning. When I tried to plug it in the charger would not connect, and I scoured the web trying to fix it. Nothing worked and I eventually caved and brought it to the apple store. They told me they had no idea what was wrong either and told me I should just get a new computer. I didn't and kept the laptop in my room for about a year and tried every so often to get it to work to no prevail until one day it started working again. The charger connected and the computer turned on to the exact word document I had been working on when it died. It's worked fine ever since. I'm extremely curious as to what would cause this to happen and why my laptop came back from the dead so to speak.

    submitted by /u/shbibi
    [link] [comments]

    My screen only turns on when lights are on

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 01:04 AM PDT

    One day I accidentally dropped my phone and it stopped working properly. The glass cover cracked and the screen wouldn't turn on (even tried double tapping the screen). I originally thought that my phone had stopped working completely, but later that day, when I tried to turn it on, it was working perfectly again. When I was in my bed ready to sleep I couldn't turn my screen on again to set up my alarm, so I came up with the idea of (connecting/disconnecting) the charger and it worked, so I was relieved to have a reliable method for using my phone. In the morning however, my phone was back to normal and so I could not figure out why some times my phone would turn on and other times not, forcing me to look for a charger. I was able to find a pattern on this: In the mornings my phone would work and at night when I finished my 6:30-7:30 pm class I was never able to turn it on. My first thought was to relate this to the timer for the operating system(android), but immediately it also occurred to me that the light could also be the reason. When I first tested this I could not believe that in fact, when light was hitting the screen of my phone I could simply turn it on, and in darkness I could not. Then I was even able to identify the exact sensor (one to the right of the front camera) to which the light had to hit exactly for my phone to work. I am now at the point where I can more or less tell whether or not the brightness of a certain place is enough to make my screen on button work. I want to say that the reason why it took me so long to realize this is the fact that a few times my phone works fine even without light hitting the sensor (but light guarantees that my phone will work) and also that the necessary light that is needed is quite bright, a light bulb is almost always enough unless I am very far away from it (more than 10 meters). I have 100% tested what I said and I am completely sure that light makes my phone work. I was not able to find any information regarding this phenomenon on Google and I would like to know if anyone knows why light "fixes" my phone temporarily.

    submitted by /u/hardriemann
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to use another hard drive for the boot drive.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 12:27 AM PDT

    I recently pulled my old hard drive from an old computer and wanted to put it into my new computer because it has windows 10. I'm able to use it as the primary hard drive however I am stuck because I don't remember the password for it and I never got a disc so I can not reset the password.

    I'm curious if I'm able to completely reset it and still be able to use the windows 10 on it. I don't care about any of the files or anything in it I just want the storage and windows 10. Thank you

    submitted by /u/FilthyFilthFilth
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome downloads

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:12 PM PDT

    I'm downloading a 67gb file on chrome and it says its gonna take 2 days. I usually download 30gb games from steam in less than 3 minutes. My download speed caps out at about 150mbps and it drops down to 600kb on chrome. Can somebody help?

    submitted by /u/ThotPoliceForce
    [link] [comments]

    Can a motherboard that supports a gtx 650 also support a 750ti

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:50 AM PDT

    I am planning to upgrade my graphics card froma 650 to a 750ti but since im a tech noobie i dont know if my motherboard supports it have a asus h81m-a motherboard

    Would aprecaiciate if some one would enlighten me thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Kiruiko
    [link] [comments]

    System Error

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:45 AM PDT

    EoCApp.exe-System Error The program can't start because api-ms-win-crit-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Some help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Delm2
    [link] [comments]

    Can not find network connections screen

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:45 AM PDT

    I am trying to follow this guide on changing my MAC address: https://sguru.org/spoof-mac-address-windows-10/ but when i click on network connections it takes me to the network status page Am i doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/fh200802
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail - Outlook and Outlook - Gmail

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    Hi! Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I was wondering if there was any way for me to set up so my outlook account will forward to my gmail, and then I can reply via my gmail but it will still use my outlook address? So like if I get a email, it will automatically go to my gmail, and I can reply through gmail but it uses my outlook address?

    submitted by /u/dawsoncody
    [link] [comments]

    XP Pen Artist 16 - Calibration Issue when using Photoshop & CC Suite

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:40 AM PDT

    Okay so a quick run down of my issue. I installed the new driver update for my graphics tablet a few days ago and I've been having this issue where whenever i open photoshop or anything from the creative suite my monitor mapping feels like it extends to both monitors rather than just the 1 monitor.

    Here is a video of this issue happening. I've tried multiple times reinstalling the driver but nothing seems to work. I've even try disconnecting all the HDMI cables and just recalibrating it on its own but once i plug the cables back in the issue continues.

    https://streamable.com/8iu64

    submitted by /u/DebonairMedia
    [link] [comments]

    Computer powering off suddenly with no warning, believe the computer is reading the

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:35 AM PDT

    There's quite a lot so I'l go chronologically -

    About a week ago, my computer powered off, no bluescreen and no dialogue option for "Force restart" or "Cancel". When I turned it back on, I had to reconnect my monitors, but turning off again and restarting fixed that. I thought nothing of it and went on with my day.

    The next day, after using the computer for hours and with my activity not changing, the same happened. This time upon starting it up again, it shut down again two times within about 5-10 mins of restarting.

    After this, I opened my computer to clean it with compressed air and did a system restore to the point before it happened.

    Everything was fine for a couple of days, then the same thing happened again, and I told one of my friends. He said it was probably a thermal issue and the CPU was overheating, we looked at some things and did some troubleshooting decided it was the cpu fan that was worn out since it was spinning at 200-400 rpm. We replaced the fan.

    I also downloaded MSI Afterburner. Here, we found that my PC was (apparently) running at 60C idle and about 80+ when in use, we saw MSI afterburner reach 100C at one point and that's when the computer shut down, however since I got the new fan only cool air is coming out of the back of the PC and my if I have my bare feet near the computer, they get cold. Also if I put my computer under reasonable stress and put it to 80+, restarted and viewed the bios, it would say the temp is around 40~ or so, and it quickly falls to around 28-30. Also after manually turning the computer off when it reaches 80/90, I've put my hand on the heat sink and it is cool (only slightly above room temperature)

    We've concluded that something is reading the temperature wrong but this seems a little out of our knowledge and we aren't really sure where to go from here.

    submitted by /u/MrCharlieBacon
    [link] [comments]

    Google Pay

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:32 AM PDT

    Paying with Google pay in REWE. I have everything set up, NFC works, Google pay logged in, 2.51€ play balance and an added PayPal account with 81€ in it. OnePlus 6 I go say I wanna pay Cash-Less. They do the terminal. I put my phone on it, it pushes me to the "set up Google pay" screen. When you click ok it puts you to the Google pay home. Tried 3 times. Internet is connected everything is ok. Doesn't work Had to borrow cash from my friend... Anyone know how to fix this

    submitted by /u/Uranium_Donut_
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Media Player desyncs after a few minutes but immediately re-syncs on seek.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:29 AM PDT

    Noticed it start happening since the latest NVidia update (411.63). And can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.

    What I did/tried:

    • Restart.
    • Update codecs, etc.
    • Checked the sync box and acceleration on WMP More Options > Performance.
    • Re-downloaded and re-installed the NVidia update (Clean Installation).

    I have several other media players (VLC, MPC, etc) and all videos I've tried work fine. So, quite certain it's a WMP-isolated issue.

    Anyone have any ideas what else I could do to remedy this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/theclassicwolf_
    [link] [comments]

    When i reboot the pc randomly moves icons to the second screen

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:23 AM PDT

    What can I do to fix that? Its boring, everytime i turn on the pc, i find that icons are moved on the second monitor all f*cked up in randomly positions

    submitted by /u/TequilaDax
    [link] [comments]

    Bus saturation?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:34 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    I'm currently running the following:

    Asus z170 Deluxe (https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

    With 4 SSDs plugged in. A Crucial MX300 M.2 SATA, an ADATA SX900 SATA, and two Samsung 850 EVOs SATA.

    One external usb HDD, a WD 4tb my passport.

    And sli-gtx 1070s.

    If I were to install a WD Red 4tb internal hard drive is there any chance of saturating the bus/SATA? (if that makes sense)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pancreate
    [link] [comments]

    New fast computer turns slow when chrome and word are open at the same time - why??

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:37 AM PDT

    I have a new computer (bought in August) - a very good pricey computer (HP, i7, 16gb RAM)

    And when I open an office program (word, excel or ppt) while having google chrome open , it slows down like crazy. I took a snapshot of the task manager when it was very slow, and it only had one google chrome tab open, one word document and spotify open - and i just cant see why it was running so slow - (it was ok until I opened word, happens always when i open MS office when chrome is also open)

    what do you think is the problem?

    Here you can see the task manager

    submitted by /u/stinanna
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop display compatibility

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 11:18 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I have a laptop with a broken display, and I was wondering which displays are compatible with it.

    So, I would like to ask a more generic question: Which specs should I look for when analyzing the compatibility of a display with a laptop. As far as I know, the size of the screen and the connector type (30pins, 40 pins, etc) should be the same. Beside that, is there any other factor I should take care about?

    submitted by /u/Juve45
    [link] [comments]

    Running old Tascam US-144 driver on Windows 10

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:59 AM PDT

    I have a Tascam US-144 MIDI interface. I got a new computer, and now the driver doesn't seem to run. I read some of the google-able forums about this out there, and most seem to essentially say the OS won't run that particular driver smoothly, Tascam is lazy about updating drivers, etc. However, I ran the driver just fine on my old machine--also Windows 10--for years. I can describe the symptoms in detail, but if anyone has any ideas how to tweak the settings to get it to work on the new machine, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/adequatephantom
    [link] [comments]

    PSU Fried??

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:58 PM PDT

    I was doing my usual 1am shenanigans (listening to podcasts and playing idle games) when my PC suddenly shut down for no reason. I tried restarting it and there was no success. I unplugged all peripherals and moved the tower to my other room so it's only the tower and I tried to restart it. I got a momentary flicker of LED from the fans and a momentary whir from the hardware. Then it stopped. I checked all connections and cleaned all components. I guess I want to know the likelyhood of a fried PSU. I'm running a 2015 Antec 750W.

    submitted by /u/zdh1675
    [link] [comments]

    PC Build - Year old - 0xc00000e Error Code and more..

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:36 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    I hope you can all help as I had an extremely frustrating day yesterday, I am asking this thread for help before going to a repair shop.

    Specs:

    1 x 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 M
    1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Turbo Graphics Card + D
    1 x Corsair 650 Watt VS650 Standard ATX PSU/Power Sup
    1 x 256GB Crucial Micron 1100 Solid State Drive
    1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive
    1 x ASUS ROG STRIX Z270-E GAMING Motherboard

    1 x Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2GHz Kaby Lake Processor -

    I haven't used my PC for a while, 3 months or so due to moving. Yesterday I moved my computer and after setting all power, hdmi cables I turned it on. After about 1 minute or so, it would turn off after nothing loaded, the error code 0xc00000e came up on screen with options to Enter to try again, F8 for Startup Settings, Esc for UEFI Firmware Setting. Selecting any of these options will not lead to anything happening and the bluescreen returns.

    I put the USB with the original Windows 10 download into the PC and I am now able can access the command prompt and restore features through startup settings but running through this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSsfCbb9po) video nothing has worked. Trying to do a complete restore of the PC will fail and now I am at a standstill of what to do, because no other option works apart from command prompt.

    I'm not the most technical so please bare with me, but any questions fire away or any advice will be greatly appreciated!

    Many Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lee7morris
    [link] [comments]

    Was my youtube account hacked?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:34 AM PDT

    I noticed today that I was randomly subscribed to a channel called LoneBaller. I cant find any of his videos in my watch history although I have been watching basketball videos. Was I hacked? I also can't find ANY videos in my watch later that are from this channel. I have 2 factor authentication on my google account if that helps. I recently checked my latest devices logged on Google from the last 28 days,and I only see my own computer/devices.Is it possible that someone logged into my youtube account even though 2-factor authentication is enabled?I don't see any signs that my account has been tampered with but I can't think of a reason why I would have a subscription to a basketball channel(was watching NBA videos earlier but not from this particular channel)I am pretty paranoid so advice will be well received.

    Edit:When I click details on GMAIL,the latest 10 ip addresses are all mine(they are all the same IP).

    submitted by /u/LimitlessEnergy3000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel