• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, June 16, 2022

    Blogpost Friday! Networking

    Blogpost Friday! Networking


    Blogpost Friday!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:00 PM PDT

    It's Read-only Friday! It is time to put your feet up, pour a nice dram and look through some of our member's new and shiny blog posts.

    Feel free to submit your blog post and as well a nice description to this thread.

    Note: This post is created at 00:00 UTC. It may not be Friday where you are in the world, no need to comment on it.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Coworker caught in unapproved change

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 07:30 PM PDT

    Had an incident today and it ended up being a coworker making a change without a change ticket or approvals. He denied it, but the logs are there. I don't know how you can deny it and not to mention he knows we log everything! Luckily, it wasn't a several hundred thousand dollar mistake. I find it hard to trust him in the future. Instead of fessing up, he just kept saying it wasn't him. Who else has your multi-factor authentication? Why did he do it? I'm not really sure as he allegedly didn't do it. How do you feel about working with someone like that? It's remote work, but I do have to have interactions with him here and there. He wasn't on my favorites list or anything before this, but I don't see that changing now. It's been a long day so I'll respond to any questions tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/Bubbasdahname
    [link] [comments]

    Palo Alto Console in Eve-NG

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 05:53 PM PDT

    I have EVE-NG Pro installed on a Precision T7600, 32 cores, 64 GB of RAM (bare metal). Followed the instructions in the cookbook, even did it again after watching a few How-To videos. This includes setting up installation of the Palo Alto images. I have been unable to connect to the console. First, through the included native console, it just says it cannot connect. I then configured SecureCRT as the default app and I could see the port. From the Eve-NG command prompt I can see the the port is not being opened. The Eve-NG server is not listening on the port its trying to connect to.

    I tried to connect to the EVE-NG forums to ask this question but I cannot complete registration as no confirmation email ever makes it to my gmail account.

    I've heard good things about EVE-NG but this is all very disappointing and I've spent a ton of time trying to make it work. Can anyone offer any advice?

    EDIT: I was running v10.2.0 but have tried 10.0.0 and 10.1.0 with the same results.

    submitted by /u/jabaire
    [link] [comments]

    Split Netmiko output into an array? (python list)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 06:31 PM PDT

    I'm pulling show interface status from cisco devices via Python/Netmiko and displaying it using a Flask web interface. Using <pre></pre> tags it formats nicely, however I have a need to break it down into a list... or ideally a dictionary of lists in python with each line being it's own entry and each item within that line such as Gi1/0/1 and notconnect and VLANID etc being their own elements within that.

    Is there a clean way to do this? it seems like the spacing between each item varies on every line... I'd assume I could to a split on \n or whatever a new line is to get my line-by-line break down, but then for the elements I don't have any ideas other than like regex replacing all spaces with a comma and splitting based on that. Seems dirty and complex... any easier ways?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/syntax24
    [link] [comments]

    Is reference bandwidth still a problem in the networking environments of today?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 06:19 PM PDT

    Hey r/networking, as I've been learning more about how OSPF works and how cost is calculated, I've learned that both fast ethernet links and gigabit links are both calculated at a cost of 1.

    From your experience, have you ever run into any issues that are caused by the cost of both a fast ethernet and a gigabit ethernet being calculated at 1?

    Furthermore, is this still an issue in today's production enviroments?

    submitted by /u/redsown36
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel