• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Android Help Moronic Monday (Aug 31 2020) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Android Help Moronic Monday (Aug 31 2020) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (Aug 31 2020) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Note 1. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

    Note 2. Join our IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Google 'Sabrina' Android TV dongle price could be under $50 - 9to5Google

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Firefox update faces backlash due to missing features and few supported extensions

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Google Maps starts widely displaying traffic lights on Android��

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Poll: Could you go back to an audio jack after using Bluetooth headphones?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Samsung Galaxy M51 officially debuts with 7,000mAh battery

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Lenovo P11 Pro tablet announced for $499 - 9to5Google

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Vsmart, a Vietnamese smartphone company, just announced minutes ago they are selling their own phones with under screen selfie camera display

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    OnePlus CEO takes extra SVP role at Oppo

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    What we learned about the latest upcoming Google phones, 6.01" and 6.24". Both rigid OLEDs and both FHD+ in resolution. The 6.24" is expected to be higher in volume.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Microsoft Surface Duo Hands-on and Demo (At Best Buy)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    The Worst Phone You've Ever Used?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Thought I'd get this post gong as I've just gotten a new phone and moved away from my two year long nightmare phone. It was a Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium and though on paper it was a decent phone in real life it was god awful.

    I had previously owned a Sony Xperia Z3 from 2015 to 2016 before moving to a Galaxy S7 up until late 2018. I will shoulder some of the blame as I decided I'd wanted to use a big phone but my god was that a mistake, which is why I got the XZ2P. That thing was a massive chonky boi. One handed use was impossible. Using my phone lying down caused massive arm cramps and with almost a quarter kg of phone I'm sure I gave myself a concussion every time I dropped it on my face.

    The size was a big part of the unusability for me but the user was experience and software was what really made it horrendous. Two years and three android versions later there was still no gesture navigation (which probably would have made using the phone easier) or face unlock, and I only just got system wide dark mode in April. The software was essentially stock android packed with Sony bloat with very little added in the way of user experience. I was baffled coming from my S7 as why screenshots didn't immediately allow for cropping or to go into scrolling capture mode? Why was there no screen recording, a feature that was on Z3 3 years earlier? Network interaction with my sim card was horrendous as well as after ages talking to multiple customer service places I found out that the thickness of the phone affected signal quality indoors and with no WiFi calling it meant people would try to call me and get a dead line alot. Horrendous app optimisation was also infuriating. There was a one in 5 chance that playing a song on Spotify would cause my phone to freeze for 5 mins then restart and plenty of games that should have been light work for the phones SD845 processor would run like utter shit because it clearly wasn't made with game performance in mind.

    I am so glad to be rid of it, so may I ask, what is the worst phone you've owned?

    submitted by /u/punchoutlanddragons
    [link] [comments]

    Returning my Pixel Buds (2020)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Just in case anyone is in the same situation as I am, here's my experience with the Pixel Buds:

    Bought two pairs (black & white) for my S.O. and myself, directly from Google, they took about a week to get here. We were both super excited since we are both pixel phone owners.

    Then we were hit with the audio skipping issue at exactly 1 min 50 seconds. Nothing would fix it, not factory resetting or bluetooth cache deleting or left bud first, etc.

    Called Google for a refund and they didn't even push an exchange, they just said "yeah ok so I can process the refund for you".

    It's kind of disappointing that this is such a wide-spread issue (a LOT of threads on reddit and other sites show this) with a product that costs so much. I've had much better/stable connection with 20-30 dollar buds.

    If anyone has a good working pair then yeah stick to them but otherwise beware of the 1:50 issue, it isn't fixable every time.

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/Wulfgangrising
    [link] [comments]

    With rumors surrounding an upcoming Pixel 5, what is there actually in the device to actually entice a purchase over any other phone?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    So I wanted to setup this post to have as sort of a discussion and gather others opinions on the potential (and most likely) Pixel 5 from google. I also wanted to state that I am currently using a Pixel 4 myself (and wanted to discuss my disappointments.)

    Since the release of the pixel they have had 2 defining features. The stock Android experience, and arguably the best camera upon release each generation. They have never toted the best specs, and sometimes even left out some newer hardware, but the camera gave it a reason to be used. Now with leaks surrounding the Pixel 5 it looks like they will be downgrading the specs, and rather than at least having flagship level processors it is obvious that they are moving away from that. Leaks also highly speculate at a plastic back, a back mounted finger print scanner (I personally grew to like face unlock, but am disappointed in not at least having an in screen!), and with these being out of the picture I would not be surprised at a lack of wireless charging. These all seem like a MASSIVE downgrade from the past products offered. However, none of this stacks up to the letdown that the cameras will be.

    Rumors are agreeing that they will stay with the same camera hardware that they have been using since the Pixel 2, a massive disappointment. With what Google has achieved through software imagine the insane potential they have if they now upgraded the hardware and paired it with the software! On top of this, by downgrading the processor there is no way that the software can work it's magic as well as the pixel 4, and with the pixel 4 having guaranteed updates for 2 more years it should outperform. In addition to this supposedly they will take away the telephoto lens, and replace it with an ultra wide. I am all for an ultra wide, but it is time that google has a triple camera setup and ADDS the ultra wide, not replace the telephoto with it. With all the camera rumors coming around it seems like one of the only 2 reasons to buy a Pixel device, and arguably the biggest reason, is now dead.

    If these current rumors turn to be true upon release I will personally not be getting a new device from Google. I am honestly fine with a mid range processor, but the letdown of a premium design and hardware, as well as the catastrophic letdown of the cameras lead there to be little reason to desire a Pixel device.

    I genuinely want to have a discussion to see what peoples opinions are if the Pixel 5 matches these rumors. What do you think makes it a considerable device, what are you personally disappointed in, and current Pixel 4 owners would you consider upgrading - (downgrading?) - ?

    submitted by /u/PalmTreeExpert
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel