• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    I'm currently using a phone with no service, there is a voicemail notification in the push notifications I can't get rid of. How do I get rid of it? Android Help

    I'm currently using a phone with no service, there is a voicemail notification in the push notifications I can't get rid of. How do I get rid of it? Android Help


    I'm currently using a phone with no service, there is a voicemail notification in the push notifications I can't get rid of. How do I get rid of it?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    It's really just a small thing... But it annoys me to no end to have that notification and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

    The phone is an LG v20. I can't make calls on it to clear the notification obviously. I'd just like to have it gone.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_ASIAN_BODY
    [link] [comments]

    How to hide my caller ID? I don't see the option on the phone app for this.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    My mother is planning on working from home for her job and needs to hide her caller ID on her phone. When I looked up how to do this online, it said to just go to the settings in the phone app and there should be an option to turn off your caller ID. This option no longer seems to be available though, so I didn't know if it was changed or if there is an alternative. I know of the *67 method but I was hoping that there was something more permanent.

    submitted by /u/ThatNoahGuy
    [link] [comments]

    How to hard reset Android if home button is not working?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I have a Galaxy J7 Star in which i forgot the password and the home button of it doesn't work at all.

    In order for me to hard reset it (to remove the password), i have to press the power, volume up, and home button to do so.

    But since home button of the device doesn't seem to work, is there another way to hard reset the phone without having to disassemble it and replace the home button?

    submitted by /u/iveeatenyourdonut
    [link] [comments]

    My device does not receive any updates for the last 6 months.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I've just noticed that my Nokia 7.1 (Android One) hasn't received any updates since November 2019. Checking for updates does nothing. Is there any way to force an update / future proof fix?

    submitted by /u/havel06
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for unlocking phone with broken screen

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    I have an LG Stylo 3 with a broken screen (still turns on but no input) and I need to get into the gallery and access pictures in a locked folder. I think I have USB debugging turned on so if anyone knows of a mirroring software that I can use without the phone being unlocked or any other solutions that would be great. if nothing else works I'm just going to order a OTG adapter and use a keyboard and mouse.

    submitted by /u/taenyx
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any good substitutions for the app Documents By Readdle?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Documents By Readdle is an app on the iPhone I like a lot and use quite often. However, I don't know if there are any apps on android that are good substitutions. Do you have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/T1tanT3m
    [link] [comments]

    Android 10 Gestures in Microsoft Launcher

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Is it possible to use the Android 10 gestures (Swipe up for home, sides for back) with Microsoft launcher. I've seen articles that say its been added but I cant figure it out.

    submitted by /u/BeePeen
    [link] [comments]

    D&D Spooky delayed anonymous SMS app

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I'm running a D&D campaign and I'm looking for an app that can automatically send a delayed sms message anonymously to my players phones while I'm running the campaign. That way they will randomly get an anonymous text with some spooky clues.

    I can easily do this with a delayed sms app from my current number, but it would be way more immersive if they received it from a completely anonymous number.

    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Additionally, I know I can automate the anonymous sms app using automate but I would prefer not to have to set that up.

    submitted by /u/TAOClothes
    [link] [comments]

    Cellphone as tv box help

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I want to use a broken phone as a tv box. I need to output to hdmi from the usb c port, but I'll also need a mouse input and charging and other usb in ports possibly. is there a usb hub that will connect to say an s10 or s9 that can output hdmi and do these other things as well? or is there a mouse that will connect to the phone without any adapters? that way I can use the usb c port on the phone for hdmi out. I also need to solve the problem of charging, will a Samsung phone charge while outputting hdmi? either by cable or wireless. Another idea I had since i don't mind having the phone be in pieces is to make a custom housing for the board, it would be kinda cool to put the cameras of the phone on top of the tv, is there a flex extension that I can use or is it even possible to extend that flex like 3 feet. I know they have little 3-4 inch extensions in China for testing components outside the phone so that's also kinda a cool thought. Sorry for the run on sentences I'm just throwing out ideas, please let me know what you think I'd love to hear your inputs

    submitted by /u/parkinginrear7
    [link] [comments]

    I’m obviously technologically retarded

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Okay so, I paid for and downloaded Minecraft on my Android. I've got a kindle fire hd, and I wanted to put Minecraft on there too, but I refuse to pay for it AGAIN. is there a way for me to download google play on my kindle or my iPhone and download the app from there so I don't have to pay for it again?

    submitted by /u/bshari_taryn
    [link] [comments]

    Cool things to do with rooted, old phone?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    I installed Havoc on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which has Magisk installed for root, I've already taken advantage of Viper4Android which is kinda cool, I know you can mask mobile data tethering too being rooted but have no use in doing so. I'm just wondering what's some useful apps or things I could use? Doesn't necessarily have to be only rooted apps like Blokada for example is absolutely amazing and doesn't require root. So any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ian095
    [link] [comments]

    BIFL ish

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm not too familiar with phone specs but I know I need a CDMA compatible phone. I am looking for suggestions on something with long battery life, a nice camera, shock/sweat/water/heatproof or resistant (a good case could probably solve the last criteria though) as I do a lot of long-distance cycling. My budget is pretty low (300-500? range) as I'm a college student. I tried asking on pick an android for me but didn't get many responses. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/hailArceus
    [link] [comments]

    How Do You unlock a Phone when the touchscreen is unresponsive?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I've been using a RP1 that I bought pre-owned for about a year and a half now, and I feel like it's on its last legs. Just a few days ago, I had noticed that there was a section near the middle of the screen that became unresponsive to finger inputs - the display and pixels were perfectly fine, but any sort of tap, press, or swipe would not register (eg. can't press on a key or icon in that location, scrolling up and down was not smooth, etc.). And it seems like that the dead zone is becoming larger. So I had the bright idea of rebooting the phone to see if the problem would go away, but I forgot that you need to enter the swipe pattern to boot up Android, and that part of the screen is still unresponsive, so I can't even do that. I know that my phone is unusable now, but I just want to boot into Android one last time to retrieve all of the data on the phone - photos, messages, music, notes, etc. And I can't keep trying to enter the swipe pattern because apparently, I have a limited amount of attempts before the phone wipes itself. I want to just buy a new phone and migrate all my data to it, but I still don't know how to retrieve the data first... I know Razer doesn't have any physical stores near me... Would going to my carrier's store (after COVID-19 blows over) help? It seems like Razer has given up on its phone division, so I doubt that contacting them will help.

    submitted by /u/LifeWhereas7
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the emoji on Gboard became inconsistent recently. Before, it was uniform Samsung Emoji across apps. Now it differs per app.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Is there a way to disable phone authentication?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    I've lost two phones now when flying to an airport I've never been to. Is there a way to keep gmail and my google account on other devices from asking 1) if I have a Pixel or 2) asking if they can text me a code to authenticate my login? I've already removed my back up phone number which removed the text messages. But once I started checking my gmail on my Pixel, my computer started asking if they could send a message to my Pixel.

    submitted by /u/aeemnrsu
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my screen display spontaneously turns black then turns back to normal after a while?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    My Redmi Note 7 was submerged in a pail of water so I had to dry it for a few days. I opened it and it worked great for a while but after a few hours, the screen went black. I had to wait for a couple of hours before it turns back to normal. After a few hours, the same thing happened again. What could possibly cause this? Is the LCD screen the problem?

    submitted by /u/booksandgirlss
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I open Google Play Store, there is a error in My Apps & Games.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    The problem is whenever I open My Apps & Games to check the updates on my apps, it always show 'Error checking for updates' and then I have to update it one app by one which is super tedious. Everything else works perfectly, but this is the only issue. Please help me!

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

    submitted by /u/theunknown810
    [link] [comments]

    Pictures More Orange on S9?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Hi all! Husband has an S10+ and I have an S9.

    When he texts me pictures of us, my skin tone is significantly more orange once viewed on my phone.

    Is this a setting that can be adjusted? I'm olive-toned and haven't been able to edit them to look normal on my phone.

    submitted by /u/BribableSugar
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the drawbacks with the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5G?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    I just saw this phone on MrWhosTheBoss's latest video and honestly the thing packs the absolute best of cutting edge technology and sounds like an absolute monster even having a 144Hz refresh rate!! Yet the price is said to be much cheaper than say Samsungs phones so what's the catch? I know it doesn't do wireless charging, MrWhosTheBoss says the HDR isn't quite there either. It even has 55w charging which probably isn't good for the battery but that's crazy. I guess no water resistance too but really, it's said to be much cheaper than Samsungs though which is my main comparison so like, what's the catch? How can this thing supposedly be much cheaper if its packing some major heat? Its definitely making me question having ordered an s20 Ultra now, maybe I'm just a clown for buying into Samsung but I'm genuinely curious about this ZTE phone.

    submitted by /u/ian095
    [link] [comments]

    Google pixel 3a troubleshooting advice

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    So basically i fell off my bike and now my pixel 3a has a black screen, but i can tell it is on as i can hear vibrations and the finger recognition is working on the back. I can also hear calls coming through. However, all i can see on the screen is completely black, except for a tiny area of blue light at the top left. I have tried force restarting the phone by holding the power button for 30 seconds, but no results, and I have left it charging all day and tried force restarting again but it is still the same. Can someone please give some advice on how to fix this (if it is fixable at all). Thanks

    submitted by /u/BigWillyboy691
    [link] [comments]

    Global dark mode for all apps on Android 9 (Like Android 10, without batterysaver mode)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    On 10/Q, you have the option to use a global dark mode in the settings that all apps can read and then change their theme corospondingly. Is it possible to manually set this settings flag in Androids settings file? I DO have root acces, that shouldn't be aproblem.

    submitted by /u/SkyyySi
    [link] [comments]

    Website suddenly started re-directing to a region-specific version (where I don't live), how do I prevent this?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Chrome. On my note 9, if I type in store.samsung.com (which used to load the usa version) will now automatically re-direct to store.samsung.com/br and load the Brazil version. I don't read or speak Portugese, so this is a bit problematic. My phone language is and has always been set to English USA.

    If I manually type in store.samsung.com/us, it will still re-direct to /br

    It's annoying. I've cleared app cache. I don't experience this on other devices, so it's not our router DNS is misbehaving.

    submitted by /u/cdegallo
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about flip phone apps

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Hey so I'm trying to switch to a flip phone basically.

    i'm sick of smartphones and i want life to be more simple

    but basically my question, is there a best android flip(or like flat keyboard) phone that can run simple apps? like facebook messenger, chrome (those are the most important two)

    and my other question is there any way to just root any of these phones (because I have a pretty new flip phone laying around) to have the capabilities. not looking for anything crazy just simple texting apps.

    Even being able to use web versions of sites would be nice. Because fb messenger just referres me to the play store which I obviously can't use.

    submitted by /u/Lamby1999
    [link] [comments]

    I can't download any game that downloads obb files on My Galaxy Note 8 anymore

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    Downloading directly from the store is fine but when the games start to "downloading additional files" outside or inside games they never finish and always stuck at some point then cancel themselves.

    Now I can't update Call of Duty mobile and Pokemon Masters because of this.

    I tried clearing the cache and data of the Play store app and disable it then enable it and restarting the phone but no result.

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ZeraX7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel