• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, February 11, 2020

    Laptops It's down to 3... which should choose?

    Laptops It's down to 3... which should choose?


    It's down to 3... which should choose?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Custom laptop Mods

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Hey all. First post in this forum. I have constantly questioned some things personally, especially as of late out of trying to find the perfect laptop to fit my needs for school, and away from school as well.

    It pretty much started when I realized that I needed a stronger macbook pro for editing. I got a 2017 mbp 15 inch and it was a total lemon.

    I got an MSI stealth and love it. It is not as secure though, which I miss. And I can't use logic. So I am thinking about getting a 16 inch macbook pro.

    I was wondering if there are any special companies that do laptop mods? I would think this would be easy to find in this day and age, but it actually is not.

    I want a different trackpad and speakers for the MSI.

    And I want an RGB keyboard for my macbook pro 16 im going to get, lol.

    Oh and what is the best extneral GPU for the macbook pro?

    submitted by /u/soundsystem00
    [link] [comments]

    Looks good to me... but is it worth it?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:29 PM PST

    It's been a while since I've bought a new laptop. This one retails for $780 (USD) and seems like a good value to me but what are your thoughts?

    Processor
    10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
    Graphics Card
    Intel® Iris Plus Graphics with shared graphics memory
    Display
    17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch WVA Display
    Hard Drive
    512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
    Memory
    16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
    Primary Battery
    3-Cell, 42 WHr, Integrated battery
    Wireless
    Qualcomm® DW1810, 1 x 1, 802.11ac with Wi-Fi, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.1
    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/slayerthebuffy
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop died - recommendations?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:21 PM PST

    My laptop died on me today, it lasted almost 5 years :( I don't want to spend a grand on another MacBook Air so anyone know any good affordable laptops that are lightweight (I'm a student)? I only need it for watching Netflix/YouTube and writing essays etc.

    submitted by /u/thegoodytwoshoes
    [link] [comments]

    When can we expect new 2020 laptops to start coming in?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:38 AM PST

    The Dell XPS 15" is due for a redesign. Mini LED screens, 10th gen processors. Ryzen 4000. Next gen nvidia cards etc...

    submitted by /u/I-am-Super-Serial
    [link] [comments]

    Asus TUF fx505dt temps?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 12:08 PM PST

    Is anyone aware of what the temps are before and after undervolting? I'm talking about the thin bezel one that has different colours for the keyboard lighting and not the red one

    submitted by /u/bonio22
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing my new laptop

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Hello, i'm a college student majoring in dentistry and I'm looking for a laptop with good performance to handle daily task and specific dental programs and something that will last. Price range 500-1000. What do you guy's recommend me?.

    submitted by /u/OneEyeAsylum
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Recommendation - United States - Around/Less Than $1,000

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:23 AM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    Around $1,000 in the United States

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Not very important.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.

    N/A

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.

    Running Digital Audio Workspaces, video editing, light gaming.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?

    Play less graphics intensive games like Stardew Valley, Don't Starve, etc.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Good layout for the keyboard is important.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    Looking for a good daily use laptop that is quick and able to handle many programs/processes without getting bogged down. Namely recording music in a DAW. Been almost 7 years since I've looked at laptops to buy so I'm definitely out of the loop.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/billydoogan336
    [link] [comments]

    Is it save to put pavilion laptops on my lap? Or would that damage the hinge?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    HP pavilion laptops have a hinge that holds the screen, would placing it over my lap bend it?

    submitted by /u/ihavedepression69
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo Y540

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 01:00 AM PST

    This is an appreciation post for this laptop.

    I managed to pick it up brand for £850 with a couple sales and a deal and wow, it is a performer.

    The 1660ti and the 144hz panel work wonders for someone who has never gone beyond 60hz, if you have any questions about it don't hesitate to ask.

    And if you have seen the posts and videos about the 'cooling issues' then as soon as i got it i stress tested it and got about 80 degrees C on it, i undervolted to -0.125 now maxing out at mid 70's while average is below 70, mid 60's. Amazing performance aswell!

    submitted by /u/sola13337
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve narrowed it down to these choices, which one should I choose.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:25 AM PST

    Cleaning a laptop?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:01 AM PST

    I own a acer nitro 5 and i play videogames on it every weekend, i usually dont use the laptop keyboard i have a separate keyboard for that.

    The laptop usually stays on my desk and i dont really close it or anything, started noticing a lot of dust on the laptop and i wanted to ask how could i clean it, especially the keyboard and screen.

    submitted by /u/BaronDraek
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to fix a "Boot Device Not Found" Issue?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:58 AM PST

    So, I have the HP Spectre x360. I had this issue in the past and dealt with it by going into the boot options and booting up my computer using "legacy". However, after a certain period of time, it started booting up fine again.

    Now the issue is back. I don't know why this keeps occurring. Based on past experience, I know after a period of time the legacy boot option will stop working and I'll have to turn my computer on and off for like 30 minutes before it works properly.

    Does anyone know what the hell is going on? I asked a friend of mine and he thinks my computer may be getting confused as to whether or not it needs to boot using my SSD or my other harddrive.

    submitted by /u/Bored_Conscious
    [link] [comments]

    Gonna sell my laptop online, need price recommendations.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:52 AM PST

    Hi! This is my first post, and I am looking to sell my Lenovo Legion Y520 locally. It has an i7-7700HQ and an RX 560 (4GB). It runs games okay. The laptop runs quick and snappy, and is in good shape. I just can't handle the battery life. 2.5 hours max with chrome open, after that you take an extra 15-30 min off for every application after that. I bought it for around $900 and was thinking for selling it around $700. Is this a fair price?

    I am also looking for recommendations for a new laptop, I was looking at the Surface Go, or trying to fix the OS on my Surface 2(blue screened during the Windows 8.1 days). I am mostly looking for a laptop to take notes at school as I have a killer desktop at home. I just need some snappy, quick, and light for school. Windows only, I do not like ChromeOs, and can't afford a Mac.

    submitted by /u/jpthebowler57
    [link] [comments]

    Surface Book 2. Is it still worth it in 2020?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:48 AM PST

    I'm in the market for a new 2 in 1 laptop for work and some casual gaming (I have a desktop PC for heavy gaming). The surface book 2 looks great but was wondering if I should wait til Microsoft announces their new line of products later this year. Possibly surface book 3?

    submitted by /u/von-miller58
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 new?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:47 AM PST

    Hello,

    I hope this kind of a question does not break the rules. I am not looking for a recommendation or anything of the sort, as I've already made up my mind on which laptop I want.

    The only issue with my choice is that I am looking to get the Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 (which is the 2018 model, with an i7-8750H and a 1070 Max-Q), as it satisfies my performance requirements and (judging from reviews) has more or less unbeatable battery life in its performance class (which is what's turning me off of my current laptop). I also just think it looks spiffy, and it's available at a pretty good price (used, at least), considering it's yesteryear's model.

    There's the rub, though; since it is a 2018 model, it's out of stock everywhere, replaced by newer Aero models (which I honestly haven't even bothered properly compartmentalizing in my head, because they have a boatload of different configurations with different names for their Aero line, but which I know do not have battery life as good as the v8's). I have done some sleuthing and asking from friends for places within my reach (i.e. Europe), but I haven't gotten a good suggestion, so I thought I would take a shot in the dark and ask the masses of Reddit if anybody knows a place that might still have this laptop available new and in stock.

    Additionally, I know some of these are available on eBay, which I will probably have to end up using if I can't find it available for new anywhere, so no need to suggest that. I'm merely looking for any retail outlets in Europe that might still have it (additionally, stores that offer used/refurbished versions of it are acceptable, as I always trust an actual business more than random people on eBay).

    tl;dr: I am looking to buy a Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 (2018 Aero 15X series model) new (or sold refurbished by a store) in Europe (or, I guess, Finland more specifically) and wondering if there might be a place that still has it in stock.

    submitted by /u/Frawtarius
    [link] [comments]

    Eluktronics Mag-15 vs Max-17

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:34 AM PST

    I am trying to decide between the Eluktronics mag-15 and max-17. For me thermal performance and fan noise are very important factors as well as screen, speakers, and keyboards. I've narrowed it down to these two because I love the customizability and the brand looks good, but I can't chose. Which one offers the best thermal performance? I'd be using balanced setting to keep temps and fan noise reasonably low while also having decent performance.

    submitted by /u/ademskey
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone bought Xiaoxin Air 14?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I recently noticed that there is alternative for ideapad s540 14" in Chinese market named Xiaoxin air 14 also produced by Lenovo. I'm curious does it have absolutely the same specs as s540?

    submitted by /u/42pet
    [link] [comments]

    Will the Acer predator helios 300 get an 2020 version or not ?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:59 AM PST

    [USA-AZ] [H] Apple 16" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 16GB RAM/1TB SSD/5500M 4GB, Space Gray Late 2019 [W] Paypal

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:40 AM PST

    I am trying to sell my Apple Macbook Pro 16 If anyone interested let me know. Here is the link https://swappa.com/listing/view/LUBO88415

    submitted by /u/bhargava095
    [link] [comments]

    CPU too hot

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:40 AM PST

    When I play some games on my HP Omen 15' my CPU becomes really hot, between 80°C and 98°C. Is there anything I can do? I've read something about undervolting it but I don't really know anything about that.

    submitted by /u/tvtomas1234
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a cheap upgradable laptop

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:16 AM PST

    I have a budget of around $400 USD and right now I am looking for a laptop that does not have to be good, but has the potential to be.

    The main requirements are good cooling, a good screen (or a screen that can be replaced with a better one) and a cpu that is not soldered in. I would like it to be AMD but it does not have to be. I would also like it to be thin and light, but I know that is bearly possible to get with decent cooling.

    I am looking for something that will suit my needs for school at the moment and games later.

    submitted by /u/trey_v
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, should I get the Dell G3 15 3590? is there a better option for the same price?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:46 AM PST

    Hey,

    I'm looking to buy a gaming laptop and the Dell G3 15 3590 looks pretty good.

    it comes with :

    intel core i7 9750H 2.60GHz - 4.50GHz

    16gb ram

    gtx 1650 4gb

    I need it to play games and also general use.

    is there a better laptop for the same price? and should I buy it?

    submitted by /u/dvd1600
    [link] [comments]

    Buying help on Asus Rog Laptop used. Thanks!!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:59 AM PST

    7 Months old, found it used online on Facebook Marketplace, seems to be in good condition. Battery report is 57000mWh brand new is 64000, so battery seems fine.

    He wants 700 CAD (526USD) think it's worth it? Or can I find a better PC? Buying this for my GF for League and WoW, I know there's know SSD, but might get an external one? Idk I've only ever owned desktops.

    ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming Laptop, 15.6" IPS-Type Full HD, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, 16GB DDR4, 1TB FireCuda SSHD, RGB, Windows 10 Home - GL503VD-DB71 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753MSN75/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_40QqEbBJ5651C

    This is the PC, I think it's the exact one? Here's an imgur with some specs though

    https://imgur.com/a/Q5jzHnz

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/youreqt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel