• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, September 23, 2018

    My phone picked up someone else's convo Tech Support

    My phone picked up someone else's convo Tech Support


    My phone picked up someone else's convo

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 09:23 PM PDT

    I was watching a movie with my wife tonight and I heard something strange. I could fairly clearly hear someone speaking intermittently, then a softer voice that might have been further away, and I heard music in the background. There was a bit if static too. But there were no phone calls and there were no apps open. I had to restart my phone to make it quit. Does anyone know what this could be? On a separate but possibly related note, my phone has been sounding off a heretofore unknown notification sound as well as vibrating randomly...

    submitted by /u/JonParkerAuthor
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a hard drive with stuff already on it in a new PC build?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    I plan to reset my PC by formatting my SSD but I don't want to wipe my HDD; my second drive. What does anyone recommend that I do?

    Edit: The reason why I want to do this is because of corrupt files within the OS that occasionally occur, and to declutter. I've ran SMART tests on my drives I'm pretty sure they're all good. Any thoughts on this issue as well would be great. Thanks again to everyone who's replied :)

    submitted by /u/Snooloos
    [link] [comments]

    New graphics card only works outside of OS (?)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:09 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit

    I consider myself at least a novice when it comes to computers, but after getting a new graphics card for my desktop PC, I've come across an issue that has me stumped. Get ready, cuz it's a complicated one.

    First things first, I've had to wait for a good adapter for two weeks to connect the new card to my monitor (the first one we ordered didn't work). The second one did, but it couldn't give me the proper resolution for my monitor (it's a 1920x1080, and Windows settings only allowed me to select up to 1366x...). All I did with the new card was some googling and trying out about 2-3 different resolutions, no major changes to the system. I also moved my PC from one side of the desk to the other, unplugging and replugging everything in that process. Nothing that (as far as I know) could break anything like this.

    After a full day of trial and error and debugging, I feel like I can fairly accurately tell you the issue my machine has now:

    • As I boot up, all I see is the screen from my motherboard that shows boot information, and the Windows 10 logo with a loading bar under it, these two for a total of about 3 seconds.
    • I then have to plug my monitor out of my Nvidia card and into the on-board graphics card on the motherboard (my Intel) in order to see the Windows lock/login screen. I can work with Windows just fine from here on out as long as I stay plugged into the Intel.
    • Something to also note: I tried going into advanced startup once to enter BIOS. There's no "UEFI Firmware" button, which I do have on my laptop that has the same version of Windows. As soon as I select an option in this menu and click "Restart", I have to switch to my Nvidia card again to see the rest.
    • If I plug into Nvidia while starting up and press any of the buttons that would take me to BIOS or System Information or any of those things, it freezes on a black screen on both cards.

    Here's what I've tried so far:

    • Remove battery from motherboard for 10 seconds, then restart. Nothing changed.
    • Uninstall Intel display driver and restart. Nothing changed.
    • Uninstall Nvidia display driver, restart, download GeForce experience and update, restart again. Nothing.
    • Clean Windows install (keeping files). Didn't help.

    My thoughts? Something's really wrong with the BIOS. Would this be a hardware issue with my motherboard? Both that and the Nvidia card seem to work though, just in different portions of booting up.

    So that's my situation right now. If you have any questions or would like me to clarify on some things, please feel free to reach out. This is my first Reddit post after lurking for a few years but I'll do my best to respond ASAP.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Stella_Courtois
    [link] [comments]

    A friend needs help. Also, it is kind of weird, maybe creepy.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 11:07 PM PDT

    My friend has been having issues with technology in general. She has an iPhone and she just started this new job. When she got to her new office with her desktop computer. Her iPhone started to ring from the tower of the computer. It happens all the time now. Today 9-22-18 around 9 pm. My Amazon photo upload photos from when I was in Ireland from February, but they were all of my friend's photos. One was not even from when we went to Ireland. I told her about it and she said she never upload those photos to Amazon or sent them to me. Her Amazon account is not even linked to her phone. Immediately after she gets a text from a random number asking about class and stuff. She not in school.

    submitted by /u/adamdsch
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop screen is not working properly

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:39 AM PDT

    It's only displaying a line of the screen, maybe 2mm thick on the top, the rest is a somewhat faded image of the last thing displayed before it started causing issues. This happened last night as well, but it fixed itself. The laptop still works, just the screen won't display correctly.

    I have a surface pro 4, recently got the screen replaced. Windows 10 pro. Would really help if someone could identify of this is hardware or software issues.

    Edit: When I restart it, it displays the surface icon in the middle of the screen where nothing else was working, then goes back to not working. Does that mean it's a software issue?

    submitted by /u/Attorex
    [link] [comments]

    PC all of a sudden is failing

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 10:43 PM PDT

    I'm trying to help my cousin with an issue with his computer.

    Only a few days ago he has had a massive drop in fps with 'Rocket League'.

    He was getting 180 average framerate and since this issue he has now been getting 90 average with constant drops.

    I'll have to mention that we had recently reset windows 10 completely so the system is very clean.

    He runs Ccleaner almost daily as well.

    I built the computer for him and the only old piece of hardware is the HD.

    We did notice a few things with the performance monitor.

    -Perfmon -

    https://imgur.com/HxuuMSM

    -Specs -

    https://imgur.com/EffEKQW

    Operating System:

    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    CPU:

    Intel Core i3 7100 @ 3.90GHz 33c

    Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

    Ram:

    8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (17-17-17-39)

    Motherboard:

    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H110M-M2-CF (U3E1) 31c

    Graphics:

    Acer XB272 (1920x1080@240Hz) 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ASUStek Computer Inc) 30c

    Storage:

    931GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 (SATA) 47c

    Hope anyone out there can help us with this issue if there is a possible easy fix.

    Much Appreciated. L

    submitted by /u/Konspyre
    [link] [comments]

    RTX 2080 logo is RED.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 10:35 PM PDT

    Hello, i just recently bought the GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition and on the first night it was looking fine but now the logo is red! I plan on using it as my new gaming GPU. I also have an older GTX 1080 Founders Edition that i kept installed alongside it cause, well i have no where else to put it and I'm planning on selling it. So i was thinking, could it be that i don't have enough watts on my PSU? I have a Corsair RX 750w. Maybe its just that the new card isn't receiving enough power or maybe i'm pushing the PSU to its limits? Maybe i should uninstall the 1080? Any answers would help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jtorres197
    [link] [comments]

    Computer restarts after playing ~30 Minutes of playing video games

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 08:16 PM PDT

    I have been running around the internet trying to figure out it is happening.

    To put it shortly, my computer restarts after about 30 minutes of playing games. This is average at this point. It started around 2 hours, then the time frame kept shortening and is now about 30 minutes.

    To preface everything that I have tested:

    Power Supply - Originally running a 550w Bronze power supply, then the first restart happened. Went out and purchased a 650w Gold power supply and changed it out.

    RAM Also thought, because of the CPU, 8gbs of RAM wasnt going to cut it. Borrowed a buddies 24gbs of RAM to see if it would solve the problem. Still restarted.

    CPU stress test using Prime95 - Ran a "murder" test for about 2 hours. The computer did not restart.

    GPU Stress Test - Ran two seperate stress tests. 1. Furmark: Ran this for about 30 minutes it did not restart. 2. Heaven Test: Gets to about the 3rd "area" and crashes.

    Heat Test Had a second a monitor running with a progam running that monitors the heat of CPU, GPU, and MB. Ran the Heaven Test once more while watching the temperatures like a hawk, crashed as expected, didnt see a single piece go over the recommeneded temps.

    Switch out GPU - Switched out the GPU with a friends RTX 1080, hoping that this could narrow it down. Ran the Heaven test again, restarted.

    Wall socket Thinking maybe the wall socket the computer was hooked up to wasnt giving enough power. Moved the computer to my friends house, the same socket he uses, still crashed.

    Thats about it. The computer is brand new, built maybe 2 months ago. Really tired of banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out. Any hint or reccomendations would help.

    Link to PC Parts (power supply has since changed as mentioned above): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MmpvbX

    EDIT: sorry for the bad formatting. Looks like a wall of text. On the mobile app.

    submitted by /u/lebootydestroyer
    [link] [comments]

    Switched DNS and my Mac still shows old site weeks later

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 12:33 AM PDT

    I've just switched my DNS from a WordPress site hosted with Vodien, to my new Shopify site.

    I made the switch weeks ago, and few hours after the switch was made I could see the new website on my phone, but not my Mac. I've verified my work computer and friends devices all show the new Shopify site, but my Mac still shows the old website.

    What I've tried

    Testing across Chrome & Safari

    Clearing my cache across Chrome & Safari

    Flushing my DNS

    Renewing my DHCP

    Restarting

    Testing from different internet connections

    System details

    macOS High Sierra v10.13.5

    Safari 11.1.1

    Chrome 69.0.3497.100

    DNS hosted by CrazyDomains (Their tech support was unable to help)

    Website hosted by Shopify

    I really don't know what to try next. All guides I can find simply say to clear my cache or flush my DNS.

    submitted by /u/totallyonsight
    [link] [comments]

    How to share live version of a folder with others securely ?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 12:08 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm trying to share a live version of a folder (through the internet) with others at work so they can access the information on it regularly. and if any new data is added it will be added online as well

    The folder is about 15GB and it has a lot of subfolders and files.

    Any recommendations for the best way to do it ? for reasonable price

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Halta001
    [link] [comments]

    How can you watch a show that is restricted to a certain country?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:47 AM PDT

    I want to watch a certain show, but the website only allows people from Holland to watch it. Is it possible for me, someone who doesn't live in Holland, to watch the show? If so, how?

    submitted by /u/Lovoskea
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please give tips in case I am missing something to avoid my computer from being hacked?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:37 AM PDT

    r/hacking sent me here!*

    I don't have anything important for others online, just things important to me and I love my privacy and security. What are the things that I should do to be sure someone doesn't hack me.

    So far I have: adblock for suspicious ads, around 30 characters long password on my router, remote password changer on router deactivated, password management service that stores encrypted passwords(every password different and hard) in private accounts (I read on an article it is safer to have than not have at all), paid antivirus, antimalware, antispyware on pc, HTTPS Everywhere app that blocks unsafe sites.

    I don't remember if I have anything else, can someone tell me if I am missing something that doesn't require me to spend money?

    I know that VPN would help but I don't have a fast internet connection and I think that it connects to everything slower. Is that true? If it is not true and it is same speed, is there any free secure ones out there?

    Thank you for reading :)

    submitted by /u/gordoban
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with router coverage

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:34 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I've been trying various tactics over the last few years to solve some chronic coverage problems. I'm in a 3 floor house with pretty thick walls and there are dead spots all over the house. It's a very old house and would be impossible to hardwire.

    At the moment I've got a standard TalkTalk router downstairs and a TP Link access point on the third floor, wired with a powerline adapter between them. I get great signal at the top of the house and downstairs near the TalkTalk router but everything in between is hit and miss.

    What would be the best way to solve this? Should I upgrade the talktalk router to a better one? More access points all over the middle floor? I wouldn't want to spend loads of money and for it to not work properly and I'm getting a bit desperate - my family are always asking me to fix it.

    Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

    J

    submitted by /u/jwhepper
    [link] [comments]

    Shoe Printing - What do i need?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:31 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask my question but here it is...

    I want to start a business but involves designing canvas (something like vans or converse material) material shoes. However i am new to heat transfer/sublimation/vinyl. What would i need to have vinyl stickers printed on shoes? And how can I make those designs last?

    Thanks a lot for ur help!

    submitted by /u/helpmeson_
    [link] [comments]

    Is my motherboard dying...?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:25 AM PDT

    I have been having some issues lately and the inevitable has happened. USB peripherals (wireless mouse and wired keyboard) stop working intermittently and then monitors won't connect.

    Opened the box, cleaned everything and reinstalled Windows 10 and it was fine for a while. But today it all happened again.

    Restarting the machine and sometimes the keyboard connects, sometimes not. But neither monitor connects.

    Due to the nature of having such unrelated faults, my logical conclusion is motherboard... But I'm no expert - please help!

    Specs are: i3 3220 Biostar z68a+ 8gb DDR3 (4x2) 256gb add

    Any advice is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/tefago
    [link] [comments]

    PC has been acting funny, strange file in startup task manager

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:18 AM PDT

    My PC has been acting really strange, and I need to know if it's some sort of Malware, or something else. Every 10 minutes or so my cmd opens out of the blue and vanishes just as suddenly. I haven't been able to find a cause. Opening up my task manager shows me this one file in the startup section. It's called 2YQJ and it's an exe. It says access denied when I try to open the location. Also, I've found no information on it online. I've disabled it just now, I'll see what happens anyway.

    Also, about 10 minutes ago, my CPU usage skyrocketed to about 60%. There were two of the same programs running at once. both were a Microsoft realtime something something, taking up around 25% of my CPU a piece. Dunno if related, but it happened once, hasn't happened since, could happen again. I'll provide updates if any new information arises, and I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my ability, though I'll be hitting the bed pretty soon
    Edit1: I just ran a scan with Malwarebytes and found two bitcoin mining trojans lmfao. I seriously have no clue where they came from, but I'll look in to it

    submitted by /u/NeroMudkip
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Display not turning off after filter is enabled

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 03:00 AM PDT

    So, on every iPhone that I ever had I went into the accessibility settings and made a filter.

    The filter would dim the whole screen after pressing the home button 3 times, on the iPhone X now the side button.

    What happens is, no matter which setting I have for the time after which it should turn off the screen,

    it doesn´t apply anymore when this filter is on.

    The way the filter is applied:

    it´s a zoom with 1,0x magnification, so no zoom, but then with the filter "dark surroundings" attached to darken the screen.

    Is there a solution to this?

    submitted by /u/wagninger
    [link] [comments]

    Windows error recovery(keyboards not working)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:56 AM PDT

    So heres my story.

    I was playing the other night and suddenly a white horizontal line appeared in my screen and its starts flickering. With my dumb mind i tought its a graphic card issue or ram issue so i removed my ram and graphics card. It turns out that i just have monitor problem and i think it needs to be changed. So here comes the problem:

    When i start my computer, it immediately went to recovery mode. I wanted to choose "starts window normally" but my keyboard isnt working. I tried to use other keyboard but the problem is still there. I also tried to find anything on my boot menu but i cant find safe mode or something that i can use to solve my problem. I tried to restart many times but its seems like the keyboard isnt working but in the boot menu, i still can use it. Sadly i dont have my windows installion disc.

    I have a gigabyte uefi bios. Someone help me :( Thank you.

    submitted by /u/deadjellyfish
    [link] [comments]

    CPU suddenly overheating

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:49 AM PDT

    My CPU has suddenly started to overheat and shutting down my computer. Yesterday everything was working fine, and since this morning I have been having the same problem, since I turn it on my CPU's temperature has been around 70-80ºC according to Core Temp.
    I've opened my case and cleaned any dust that could cause a problem on the fans to the best of my ability, and still the temperatures are of 70-80 when my usual idle temperatures are 30-40ºC. I've also run the antivirus software to check for any malware that could cause the problem and everything's fine. My specs:

    • AMD FX Series FX-6350 3.9Ghz 6X
    • Asus Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 2GB GDDR5 Cooler Master Seidon 120V
    • Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 8GB CL9
    • Corsair VS650 650W
    • Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Socket AM3
    • Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3
    • Windows 8.1

    I want to know if there's anything I can do by myself before going to a tech store and avoid paying for anything I could have done myself.

    Thank you in advance and sorry if I've made any grammatical mistakes, I'm more than happy to rephrase anything.

    submitted by /u/BrainlessShooter
    [link] [comments]

    PC doesn't POST, until it does.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:46 AM PDT

    Okay, so:

    Problem: Every morning, I switch on my PC (at the wall), and it whirrs into life, ready for the day ahead. Or at least, that's the dream. In reality, some days it stays dead as a doornail. I'd merely use the power-button to activate it, but my case has had a faulty power button for some time now.

    After a particularly gruelling session this morning, I unplugged everything, and was preparing to swap out the GPU, when it finally POSTed.

    I switched out the PSU about 5 months ago, so for now I'm ruling that out. There were some, irregularities, when I installed the CPU, so that's under suspicion. But I wonder if the Case itself has a role to play in this?

    Specs: MSI B350 PC MATE ATX Mobo Ryzen 3 2200G CPU, Stock speeds, Stock cooler MSI branded GTX 750ti GPU, Stock speeds 8GB Ram, in 2x4GB config. (could the channels be a factor?)

    60GB SSD 2x HDD, 500GB and 750GB Blu-ray Writer, Wot I got cheap out CeX.

    Also, I don't yet see the Select Flair button, but One problem at a time.

    submitted by /u/PotamusRedbeard_FM21
    [link] [comments]

    Geforce gtx 1070, Asus monitor, LG tv, duplicate issues.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:42 AM PDT

    Heya.

    So, I run a setup where I duplicate my desktop to my monitor and tv.

    The issue being, that all of a sudden, if I turn on my pc and start up my tv, the image is all grey. Unplugging and plugging the hdmi from the tv to the GTX 1070 works though.

    I've googled for the life of me but cant find a similar problem, all I run into are basic guides for how to detect displays and such.

    So, I could just keep yanking at the hdmi I guess but would be great if anyone out there might know whats up. Maybe just buy a new cable? Or maybe just some simple fix that went over my not so tech savvy head?

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/LZRKRFT
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Monitor Problem

    Posted: 22 Sep 2018 10:53 PM PDT

    Hi, i'm using Windows 8.1 and I decided to try and use my 28" TV alongside my 22" Monitor. The problem is, My Monitors resolution is 1680x1050 and the TVs Resolution is 1360x768, and it is all funky when trying to move things across screens, because Windows determines the size of a screen based on the resolution. How can I fix this? Any Programs or settings that i'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Skullii343
    [link] [comments]

    Has windows itself gotten slower in the past few months?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:36 AM PDT

    Few months ago i had my old PC and i built a new one recently. At first the new one ran quick and smoothly but now it has horrible lag (i have installed only games, so no shady programs etc) which not even my 7 year old PC had. Both are windows 10 too. Its even worse on my newly bought student PC. For $800 it has horrible lag too from the first moment i booted it up in the same way my new gaming PC has gotten, also running windows 10. Does this have something to do with those two super-viruses that exploited the CPU? Forgot their names. If it has any meaning to it, both my new PC's have AMD CPU's while the old one had a Intel.

    submitted by /u/litfam69dab
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a TV casting / streaming solution

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 02:30 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a wireless solution for streaming/casting and I can't decide between chromecast/roku/fire stick/ Apple TV

    Ideally this is what I'd like:

    • a dedicated remote control (although this isn't a deal breaker, a phone app would be ok)

    • a built-in Netflix app

    • a built-in YouTube app

    • casting / screen mirroring from my windows 10 laptop

    • being able to stream Spotify from laptop/ iPhone/ or a built-in app

    • I only need 1080p streaming, no 4K

    —-

    If this isn't all possible the most important basic functionality I need is screen mirroring.

    Any suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/BDX_LAW
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel