• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, November 7, 2021

    A wholesome story about helping my family Tech Support

    A wholesome story about helping my family Tech Support


    A wholesome story about helping my family

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    This is still pretty fresh in my mind. This is how I learned that the best thing to know, is how to ask the right questions.

    It's officially been one full week since my brother died. Massive heart attack, I felt his pulse disappear. He was an avid photographer, known around our entire county, and an truly intelligent person. He was my family's "tech guy", a role that now falls to me, this is where I come in. Because he was such an avid photographer, my parents wanted access to his computers to try and pull some of the many thousands of pictures he's taken. But he didn't keep any of his passwords or hints in his safe. They asked me if I could try to get in, to avoid having to pull the drives and potentially lose something.

    I went to work trying to find some way of breaking in and removing those passwords, eventually I found a way, which I will not be detailing here. All I will say is I managed to change some file names and got a method of changing the passwords of all accounts on the computer, as well as his laptop.

    My parents nearly fell apart when I told them I'd managed to get in without disrupting any data whatsoever.

    This entire ordeal has firmly planted a desire to engage in a profession within the IT field. I know from reading the stories here it won't all be sunshine and daisies, but if I can ever help another family like I was able to help mine, I want to try.

    I apologize if this is poorly written, or maybe doesn't fit here, but I needed to tell it, to remind people, jobs in IT may be hell, but maybe the person on the other end of your line is going through the worst pain imaginable, losing a child that had so much promise.

    He would've been 29 next march, he was on track to be in the US state department, he's made friends around the world, and deserved a much longer life. Goodbye TFTS, and goodbye, brother.

    submitted by /u/LembasBreadtheIII
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel