• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, June 24, 2021

    The decline in Javadoc writing ambition is palatable Android Dev

    The decline in Javadoc writing ambition is palatable Android Dev


    The decline in Javadoc writing ambition is palatable

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    Microsoft is bringing Android apps to Windows 11 with Amazon’s Appstore

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Guys I've been thinking that can we make this kind of UI with perfect scaling ? if yes then how ? [ context i made a nice UI for my app but the issue is i tried but couldn't scale it properly (please drop suggestions for scaling)] As always i loved suggestions and advice please leave them thank you.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    Kotlin 1.5.20 Released

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Setting up "United States tax info"

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    I'm not a US citizen so I know nothing about it. The Play Console recently told me:

    Your tax form has expired, and as a result we have placed a hold on your account. Please update your tax information as soon as possible.

    Apparently it needs me to fill out United States tax info, so I obliged by filling out whatever they requested without a second thought. I chose the "W-8 BEN tax form" randomly and while filling it out I came across this statement:

    US tax law may impose a 30% withholding tax on payments that are considered 'US source' income

    This tax may be reduced or eliminated for any payee that qualifies under a relevant tax treaty

    I have no idea what it means but it sounds frightening. I already lose almost 30% of my revenue in sales taxes and lose another 15% to Google's fee (previously it was 30%). So what's this "30% withholding tax" and is it something I should worry about?

    submitted by /u/HiDiNoWro
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, checkout this android library that animates your text like its being hand written. https://github.com/sarnavakonar/TextWriter Dont forget to give it a star ⭐

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    Google Play policy team: "your on-device title does not reflect your app's functionality. "

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 02:31 AM PDT

    Interactive Parallax effect - made with Jetpack Compose

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    Anyone get the "Conditionally Passed" email from Google?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    Kotlin 1.5.20 version is out!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Microsoft is bringing Android apps to Windows 11 with Amazon’s Appstore - The Verge

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    The dangers of JSON + default values

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    Why we need both flutter and jetpack compose?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Hello, im little does not understand, why we need both tools , which solve similar problems. They both are declarative, both render ui by the own way (not translate to android views). Why not to choose or flutter, or jetpack compose and bring all power to develop this selected technology.

    submitted by /u/stdpmk
    [link] [comments]

    Tips to automate the localization process & how to solve the biggest localization issues for developers

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Hey Reddits,

    Full disclosure - I work for Lokalise and we just put together some resources to help developers with the localization process of their apps.

    No strings attached - you'll find on the page a free (no registration required) ebook on how to solve the biggest localization issues for developers. Link here

    I hope you'll find this useful and would love to hear some feedback from you. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/cristiantonio
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb, dumb question. Does anyone have a clear guide on how to set up a proper Mvvm?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    I've read a bunch of tutorials and have gone through a few code throughs, and I'm getting confused...

    Some do live data some don't. Some use a factory pattern, some don't. I'm getting super confused because there doesn't seem to be a basic foundational way to set this thing up (unless I'm totally ignorant and am missing something).

    Anyone have any good guides or documentation?

    submitted by /u/BohemianJack
    [link] [comments]

    Vertical Recycler view of variable height items issues

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    I goy a vertical recycler view to show a list of dynamic height images (with a max height defined). I see that there may be some jumps while scrolling when the height of two items differ too much.

    How can I solve this issue?

    submitted by /u/maybepromodern
    [link] [comments]

    Legal Question - I am about to release a free app

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    As the title says I am ready to release my first app and have a legal question. I know everything is special and I always should talk to a lawyer.

    But anyway... Google asks to add a privacy policy if your app collects personal information. My app does not collect any information nor have I analytics-enabled etc. everything runs locally.

    So I am pretty sure I do not need a privacy policy and my app verification in the play store already passed but I was asking myself what about the data that Google collects and shows me in my developer console. E.g. app installs by country user count. Is this data already covered by the PlayStore policy?

    Also is there a legal guide that talks about the things you need in order to be on the safe side like "Terms and conditions", "Disclaimers", "Warranty".

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/Jay1337k
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Google Play Store policy of closing "unused" accounts.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I received this email from Google Play. I cannot find more info about this policy anywhere.
    The emails seems to imply that I need to upload a new app? How often does this need to happen to keep account active
    Would just making a small update to existing app work? How often does this need to happen to keep an account/apps active?

    P.S.
    Honestly while I understand the need to maybe do a cleanup on the Play Store, forcing a new app upload or update every couple of months or so just to keep the account active seems wierd.

    Hello Google Play Developer,

    We're writing to let you know that your Google Play Developer account, XXXXXXXX, is at risk of being closed on July 23, 2021 because it is not being used. Google Play Developer accounts are intended for active developers who publish and actively maintain apps. If you have more than one Google Play Developer account, please note that this email refers to the account associated with: YYYYYYY email

    Action required to keep your account open.

    If you intend to use your account, please follow these steps:

    1. Sign in to your Play Console.

    2. Create and set up your app.

    3. If you're not ready to make your app public, you can use Internal app sharing, Internal testing, or Closed testing to safely upload without it being generally available.

    If your account is not used as described above by July 23, 2021, we will close it. Your registration fee is not refundable and will be forfeited.

    Need help signing in to your Play Console account? Visit our Help Center.

    submitted by /u/KushtrimP
    [link] [comments]

    Open source apps that use Android architecture components?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    Do you guys know of any open source apps that use the Architecture components? Would love to take a look.

    submitted by /u/Mindman79
    [link] [comments]

    Want to develop (or use existing) custom video streaming app. Cost? Advice?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Goal: create an app that streams or downloads 4K videos created by me. It gives the user a notification when I release a new video, they can watch it, watch past videos, that's it.

    My audience doesn't like using my website and I keep getting banned and unbanned from youtube, so I need a more convenient content delivery system.

    1. How much would this cost?

    2. Should I just learn to code?

    3. Is there already a thing like this? I don't want to be beholden to another company's strict ToS.

    submitted by /u/nomoremrnicemrgirl
    [link] [comments]

    how can i disable other app's 'Permit drawing over other apps' or 'floating window' on my app

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 11:28 PM PDT

    how can i disable other app's 'Permit drawing over other apps' or 'floating window' on my app.

    i need protect user's privacy so i don't want other app permit drawing over other my app what in the login page, how can i disable it.

    submitted by /u/nowts
    [link] [comments]

    Does it conflict with Google Play's guidelines to ask for voluntary donations?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey,
    I don't want to advertise and offer the app for free. Nevertheless, I would like to leave it open to people to support me voluntarily via a PayPal link. Is this legitimate? Has anyone of you already done that?

    submitted by /u/XanaduKubla
    [link] [comments]

    What resources should I use for the Associate Android Developer certification exam?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 04:42 AM PDT

    I am in high school and I am learning android studio and app development. I know that people think the google developer certification is not really worth it but 1) I'm in high school, I have a lot of free time, and I like to learn new things, and 2) I am building my own apps so I am preparing for the exam and also applying what I am learning to my apps. I think it's a completely reasonable choice for me to take this exam.

    I want to know what resources (official or unofficial) I can use to prepare for the exam?

    https://developer.android.com/courses/android-basics-kotlin/course?utm_source=gDigital&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=gwgsite

    I'm going to do this first, and then I'm not sure what to do. Maybe just grind some tutorials and build my app for more practice.

    submitted by /u/NotVector
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel