• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, February 27, 2018

    This sub needs to relax. Android Dev

    This sub needs to relax. Android Dev


    This sub needs to relax.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:29 PM PST

    Rest in peace my karma.

    OK guys. I'm watching /r/androiddev for a 3 years now. People became so toxic to each other here. Most of you just brag about is how your new architecture is superior than MVP or MVVM and that's ok. But don't be bullish about it! People are afraid to ask questions here anymore cause some smartass android dev bully will try to show off how alpha he is and how beta is OP. I loved this sub but it's ridiculous how angry most of you became. Also please stop posting shit like "Are you still using MVP? You are so 2016". What does it even mean? Is this a fashion show? Should everyone change their architectural pattern every year? The answer is no. Everyone can use pattern of their liking. Look at /r/iOSProgramming sub. Questions asked there are about real life programming problems not about how clean their pattern is! Android development is a mess and we all know about it. Please stop making it even shittier with toxic and dick size contest community.

    submitted by /u/alexandr1us
    [link] [comments]

    Announcing Flutter beta 1: Build beautiful native apps

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 06:05 AM PST

    Support Library 27.1.0 has been released

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 10:27 AM PST

    An Android app for dribbble.com (Kotlin + RxJava + MVP + Material Design + DeepLink)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 06:26 AM PST

    Android Architecture: Part 2 — The Clean Architecture

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 11:13 AM PST

    Realm Announces Product Name Changes and Sunsetting of Developer Edition

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 08:45 AM PST

    Loaders in Support Library 27.1.0

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:22 PM PST

    Kotlin/android course?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:45 PM PST

    Hello

    I am wanting to learn android development but as I read there are a few ways to do so. Some say learn Ja a, some say learn Kotlin and even others say learn Javascript and do it with react native.

    Do I want to know how the resources for online learning are. Of course Java has the largest community out of those 3 possibilities as it is the oldest of them and the first official android/Google language.

    As Kotlin was added as official language by Google I tried to find courses that teach Android development based on Kotlin but didn't find any. The official Android guide is using Java and Udacity is using Java as well. Is there still no course as it is too new?

    How would I start with Kotlin or Java. The FAQ says that I should learn Java. But up to which point? When do I know I am ready for Android? Same goes for Kotlin. How far do I need to know Kotlin before doing anything in android?

    submitted by /u/Atocx
    [link] [comments]

    Android Architecture - The kernel and low-level tools, native libraries, the Android Runtime, the framework layer and on top of all the applications.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:55 PM PST

    arunkumar9t2/lynket-browser (previously Chromer) - Sharing source of my app in production here for feedback. Dagger2, MVVM, and Arch Components. Criticisms appreciated!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 12:40 PM PST

    I'm studying Android and trying to understand architectural patterns. I readed the Wikipedia's MVC article and challenged myself to implement it. Any suggestions on my implementation?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:51 PM PST

    I'm studying Android and trying to understand architectural patterns. I readed the Wikipedia's MVC article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller) and challenged myself to implement it.

    Any suggestions (or mistakes to point out) on my implementation?

    Thank you!

    link: https://github.com/caiquecp/counter-app

    submitted by /u/caique_cp
    [link] [comments]

    Emulator 27.1.12 Canary now available

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:09 PM PST

    Shared admob revenue

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:37 PM PST

    Hello,

    I work at a startup that creates apps for both android and ios. Recently we introduced admob ads in our platform. To configure it all the user needs is to insert the admob keys in our platform and the ads start working.

    Im wondering a way to make some profit out of it and i'm thinking in sometimes swap the user keys for my own, in a way i could share the admob revenue (of course i would be honest with the users about doing it).

    I made a quick research and this seems to be a common practice. Do you guys think this could cause some problem?

    submitted by /u/fenrir29
    [link] [comments]

    Vector illustration basics for Android developers — Bonus part: Working With Text

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:36 PM PST

    How do we effectively use android.arch.lifecycle component with our common libs? (RxJava, Retrofit, etc)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 09:18 AM PST

    I've been reading a lot about lifecycle arch component. I'm pretty sold on it and surprised there wasn't something like this earlier (maybe there was?)

    My app is full of portrait locks and Rxjava calls to retrofit. Where do I begin to make things right with the lifecycle component?

    Where did your team start with including this arch component?

    submitted by /u/leggo_tech
    [link] [comments]

    Another new coder here wanting advice on how to make money in the app store. Preferably a puzzle game since they are easy to make.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 12:48 PM PST

    So I just started college while working part-time in retail. My question is if people are still making money off of google play store apps. I personally enjoy the minimalistic puzzle games that show up every so often, but I am not sure how I would ever get noticed if I were to do the same thing as them. I tried to learn to code, but have given up many times in the past. I was hoping that this could work out in order for me to have the motivation to keep working toward my goals as a programmer. Plus it would be nice to have some money on the side apart from the minimum wage job I have right now.

    submitted by /u/bubbledragonz
    [link] [comments]

    Firebase Crashlytics can't math.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:10 AM PST

    Google Home/Assistant integration with Android TV

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 07:40 AM PST

    Hello developers!

    Sorry if this is a noob question but I found myself very confused about this.

    Let's say I have an Android TV app which I want to interact with using Google Home device or Google Assistant (in a cellphone or tablet). How can I achieve this? I have been doing some research and I found Google Actions which to my understanding are the option to go. As far as I know Google Actions would let me to create an Assistant App which will communicate with my backend and from that I could communicate with my Android TV app. All I want to do is something like "OK Google, show me [some information] on TV" and then the app on Android TV will open an Activity showing [some information].

    I would appreciate if you guys can point me in the right direction.

    PS: Im not native English speaker so apologies in advance if there are typos.

    submitted by /u/RandomOrganicMatter
    [link] [comments]

    Recycler View Adapter in MVP

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 07:11 AM PST

    I'm curious to know about how does the View interacts with an Adapter in a MVP environment. Does it delegate through the presenter? I've searched a lot over internet but couldn't find this specific use-case. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/salman-pathan
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best CPM network for Rewarded Videos, games or apps?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 02:49 AM PST

    We are looking to add incentives to open extra features in some of our apps through rewarded videos, but Admob is not paying enough to cover the expenses. Which network will pay strictly per view (CPM campaign)? (added bonus per install etc., but views are always payed)

    Admob seems to be CPC and that doesn't bring enough revenue to open extra features for free.

    submitted by /u/incorporateapps
    [link] [comments]

    Working extra hours as a developer

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:44 PM PST

    What should a developer do if a company is continuously forcing him to work extra hours because they have decided a ridiculous deadline with the client and does not even pay for the extra hours to the developer?

    submitted by /u/salman-pathan
    [link] [comments]

    A "Build it to learn it" intro to Rx

    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:08 PM PST

    Android MVP vs MVVM and the winner is...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:04 AM PST

    Read Wiki of popular Android libraries locally

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 01:57 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel