• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, June 2, 2021

    Question about screenshots on phones with rounded screen corners Android Help

    Question about screenshots on phones with rounded screen corners Android Help


    Question about screenshots on phones with rounded screen corners

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    This is probably a stupid question but, How do screenshots on phones with rounded corners work? Are the corners of the screenshot also round?

    submitted by /u/question_4
    [link] [comments]

    Prevent auto-update shutdown?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    Hello! I have a Oneplus Nord N10 5g running Android 10, on T-Mobile in the US. For the last few days, my phone has been asking me to restart and update. I hadn't yet had time to deal with it, so I kept hitting ignore. Until yesterday, in the middle of typing, my phone shut itself off with no warning. Upon turning it back on, it would not connect to any network, which lasted approximately two hours before it could get a data connection again. Since then, it has had vastly worse connectivity than before off and on.

    I would like to ensure this never happens again. This is my device, and whether or not to update is my choice and mine alone. What can I do to prevent my phone updating without my consent again? I thought I had everything set to ask me, but apparently not.

    And before I get the "you need updates for your own good," no, in my use case, I need my phone to work reliably at all times much more than I need maximum security.

    submitted by /u/AggyTheJeeper
    [link] [comments]

    FB Messenger - Hide story heads

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get rid of the chat heads at the top of the app that let you know when someones updated their story/show who is currently online.

    I am part of a bunch of buy/sell groups and if you message someone once they constantly show up, even if the last time you messaged them was over a year ago. These people are strangers and I don't want to see them daily.

    https://i.imgur.com/GVdOvKG.png

    submitted by /u/dragonfruitexternal
    [link] [comments]

    My screen is tapping itself and I have a few questions

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    Okay so my phone's screen is completely unusable because It keeps tapping random things by itself after I dropped it, I've ordered a new phone but I need to do a few things and Idk how?

    1. Transfer files from my phone to my pc. I need to do it from one of those privacy calculator apps
    2. Factory reset the phone. I'm planning to eBay it for spare parts

    Is there an app or software that allows me to do these things without the use of my phone screen from my pc or something?

    (My phone is an old Blackview a60 I think and runs on Andriod)

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks

    submitted by /u/Setoyugi123
    [link] [comments]

    Updated system today and now says no sim card...but hours later.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    Verizon - Samsung Galaxy S10

    Tried rebooting and changing network from Global, which is what is was defaulted as, to LTE.

    When I reboot, the bars indicate service and the 4g lights up too. But 9nce the phone finishes booting up, I get the no sim card pop up and the signal indicator goes to x.

    submitted by /u/HeritageQ
    [link] [comments]

    Secure Storage: can see but not copy files from Android/data

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung a32 that came with Android 11. Secure Storage blocks my normal explorer from seeing the files but the "Files" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marc.files) works around this restriction to see the files. However, when I try to copy the files I just get a "The file wasn't copied" error.

    Does anyone know how to work around this?

    submitted by /u/rich311
    [link] [comments]

    Help!!! Redmi 6A It does not turn on!!

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    Hello!!! I hope you can help me.

    I turn off my cell phone before sleeping, I don't leave it connected to the power.

    Today I woke up, I saw that it was off. Tried to turn it on plugged in, but nothing happened.

    I also tried to turn it on with factory reset, but it didn't work.

    Does anyone know what can I do? Help me, please ):

    submitted by /u/Fiscal117
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone switch from Apple to Android lately?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to post this here, but anyway, I've been a lifelong Apple fanboy. Had every iPhone since the iPhone 5 and I've also had a few MacBooks and Apple Watches. Currently have an iPhone 11 and just got rid of my 16" MacBook Pro and Apple Watch 5.

    Well lately, I've been getting more and more interested in Androids. The S21 Ultra is what I'm looking at specifically, I've been watching videos on it and it just looks like a good phone.

    I have a few questions before I switch over though, so if you have an answer to any of the following or any input in general, please feel free.

    What's the hardest part about switching from iPhone to android?

    What is your least favorite thing about Android OS?

    Your favorite?

    How is the ecosystem, not compared to apples but on its own. Is there any cool things they can do with PCs like texting?

    How is app development on them compared to Apple?

    How are the Android accessories? I.e earbuds, watches, etc.

    submitted by /u/JuicyCiwa
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there different ROMs for different devices?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    Why, unlike computer OS's (e.g. Linux, Windows), there are different custom ROMs for different devices? Why can't the custom Android ROMs adjust to the hardware like Linux distros or Windows do?

    Just to clarify, I'm only talking about custom ROMs like LineageOS, I can understand why device manufacturers would want to customize the OS for each of their devices.

    submitted by /u/EragonEbrithil
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative to Dex/Connecting phone over HDMI USB-C hub

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    Hi,

    so I am currently interested in the question, if there's actually an alternative, that's existing to Samsung Dex, thats normally known for connecting your phone via HDMI to an external monitor, also over OTG not wirelessly.

    What I've firstly tried: Connecting my Motorola G8 Power to my Philips 245B1/00 external monitor, didn't work, then tried plugging into my TV, with the same results.

    I also tried connecting an Galaxy A without Dex capabilities, via this HDMI OTG adapter. The same results appeared and I asked myself, if the higher Galaxy S Class from Samsung is actually capable, of doing this with an certain android device driver, because an better explanation wasn't any far thinkable of mine.

    My last try based on installing an APK of Dex, didn't work too, because support for the devices out of the Samsung Eco System wasn't existing.

    I am using an adapter from QGeeM, with 5 ports (USB 2.0 & 3.0, microSD and SD Card Reader) over USB-C.

    Has someone deeply experience about android, or does know an actually working app, that enables such an function? Is rooting the device actually needed for this progress?

    I am thanking for any help in advance.

    submitted by /u/Ok-Debate8665
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon music occupying too much space

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    Idk if this is the right place to ask this but my device i.e. POCO F1 had been filled up to 52 GB out of 64, so I just wanted to check what is occupying so much space. I found that the 3rd most occupying app is amazon music occupying around 891 MB, please note I haven't downloaded ANY songs or podcasts whatsoever. Can someone explain this ?

    submitted by /u/kuljitgrewal
    [link] [comments]

    Android Tenor gifs sending the wrong gif TF is wrong with android?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Expected: when I find a witty gif that's perfect, and for it to work with messages. To send the right link and work with messages from web.

    Actually happens: none of the fucking above.

    submitted by /u/bugsebe
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about CPL launcher

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    Hello, I have a pixel 3 and I absolutely love it, but I'd like to take it a step farther in customization. I've seen CPL launcher, but I've also heard some negatives about it, so I came to the experts (you guys). Is there any big reason to avoid CPL? Or is there another launcher similar to pixel? Thank you guys for your help! :)

    submitted by /u/chickenboi27
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a good way/app to take long exposure photos on the Google Pixel 4a?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    I don't see an option in the main camera settings for this. So maybe there is an app? I found an app on the Google play store, but it has a bad rating

    submitted by /u/coolasomewb14297
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Updated my S10+ from One UI 2.5 to 3.1 and am convinced the camera performs worse now. Is there anyone here who can compare versions?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    I'd heard on a forum post a while back that the samsung one ui 3 updates made the camera perform worse, however I thought surely that can't be true. Well I just updated (why I don't know since I was happy on 2.5) and tested out the camera straight away. Annoyingly since I have no s10 running 2.5 I cannot compare, but the nightmode shots I took were, honestly? Awful. Very obvious smoothing, blurry patches and bad AI stitching. Not to mention that of two identical shots of my kitchen area, the nightmode shot was flat, over processed and had almost a completely different colour pallet.

     

    I am convinced that 2.5 would have produced better results, not to mention the fact that I have to wait whilst the phone processes the picture in front of me when I open it in gallery.. What the hell? On 2.5 it was instantly there, what's changed??

    Anyway, if anyone has two s10s running both versions, would you be able to test some bright shots as well as some darker stuff with nighmode to see just how much the camera has changed?

    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/Michael_Goodwin
    [link] [comments]

    Remove the number next to the wifi icon on status bar

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Yes i know it's for showing what generation the wifi is, and for marketing wifi 6, making £££ out of this little trick.

    I'm just tired of all these marketing strategies, people who aren't bothered to upgrade their wireless ap/ router suddenly find out there is a number appears on the wifi icon, they google it, they know the fact wifi 6 is the latest technology and some of them will eventually buy new routers without thinking if they really need it or not.

    submitted by /u/thelegend47-20
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome won't open links on Android 11

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    I have a Google Pixel 4a running Android 11, and I haven't been able to open any links in Chrome by tapping them. On my old Android 9 phone, I was able to tap/select a URL, and there was an option to open the URL in Chrome. I used this feature heavily when opening links from my email client.

    Chrome is set as my default browser. In the app permissions for Opening Links, Chrome's option to open supported links is greyed out. The option to open supported links is also greyed out for all other web browsers.

    Screenshot here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aRr9gkdx5y1FCBu2-EGdc1BWO3Uw6NcG/view?usp=sharing

    Interestingly, if I select the first part of a link, like https://www.xyz.com, there is an option to open the URL in Chrome. But if I select the full link, like https://www.xyz.com/abc, then the option to open in Chrome disappears.

    Screenshot for selecting partial link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iNPhQ5Oib_9wShpxA5vITt6QIcrc7gaP/view?usp=sharing

    Screenshot for selecting full link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aUVYIkZRl81MSDnL22yN-_Ab2FxpU1tL/view?usp=sharing

    My phone is rooted.

    submitted by /u/fitbuffalo99
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix automatic rebooting?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:57 AM PDT

    I have a Redmi 6 with a custom rom slapped on it (Nusantara Project, Android 10) and it sometimes reboots for no reason like 2 or 3 times a day

    After it rebootes I have to manually reboot again because it doesn't detect SIM, storage and camera (and God knows what else lol). Not very sure what could cause this, should I flash the ROM on a different vendor?

    Note: It happens randomly. It can be laying on my desk not being used and it can still reboot for no reason.

    submitted by /u/TeenThatLikesMemes
    [link] [comments]

    Help with backup Please

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    I recently bought a OnePlus 9 Pro because my S8+ died. I didnt have my stuff backed up using google. I had previously done a backup using the Smart Switch desktop application on my PC.

    Is there any way for me to transfer this backup to my new device?

    ANY help is appreciated as im quite desperate to get my backup restored on my new phone.

    submitted by /u/Jumbojet2189
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S20 - How do I keep all of my Chrome tabs together.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    It used to be that you open a new tab and you can scroll through a list of your open tabs to find it. Just a list of open chrome tabs...

    Now it's separated into different "groups" of tabs, and I find it impossible to find anything I had open in a tab and wanted to get back to.

    Before, I never had more than 10 tabs open, and it was never the least bit difficult to scroll through them... But now, without meaning to, I'll end up with 5 groups of 10 tabs each, and I can't find what the hell I actually wanted to keep open!

    Sorry I'm ranting, this update was months ago, and I honestly thought I'd get used to it, like I do with every other UX update. But no, it still pisses me off on a daily basis so I had to ask.

    Is there a way in settings to go back to how it was?

    submitted by /u/amity_
    [link] [comments]

    Are Blackview phones ok?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    I know there's some Chinese phones that have malware/spyware issues, I haven't seen anything specific either way about the current Blackview phones though. I currently have a Cat S61 and I'm looking at replacements, with the BV9900 being at the top of a sadly short list.

    Does anyone know of issues with this, or using it on TMobile?

    submitted by /u/4x4Welder
    [link] [comments]

    Root Android

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    I'm using Realme Narzo 20. Just want to root my device, any rooting tutorial for narzo 20 with running Android 11?

    submitted by /u/Dry_Sea_3206
    [link] [comments]

    need help deciding between the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, the Note 20 and the S21

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys I need some help deciding between these 3 phones. All 3 of them are under 650 USD. I take a lot of photos so the cameras are very important. 5G is not a must but is appreciated. I will be playing some games but it will be used mostly for YouTube consumption. Also I maybe able to get the note 20 ultra (4G version) if I trade in my current iPhone 7 for approximately 60 USD. Thoughts ?

    P.S. sorry for my English, it is my second language. Also I live in the UAE so all of the phones come with an Exynos chip

    submitted by /u/Zephyr__100
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Audio Issue - Works for Ringtones / Alarms, Doesnt work for Apps / Media

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    My wifes phone started playing up yesterday, she said halfway through the day she was having audio issues

    No apps will play sound, but alarms and ringtones make sound.

    I have tried; •restarting phone •Resetting phone data •checking for updates •clearing cache •resetting app settings

    The phone is a Samsung M31s, its near new condition, only 6 months old. I dont think its a hardware issue as sound still works fine by alarms and ringtones.

    Audio works fine through headphone jack

    Please help :(

    submitted by /u/Pwnah
    [link] [comments]

    How do you update the android 12 beta?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    I'm already in the beta, but when I go to system update, it just says I'm running the most recent version of 11. When a new version comes out for the beta, how do I get it?

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel